Stranraer v Dumbarton

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God that was good. We dominated and with neither Calum Gallagher nor Boris fancying scoring tap-ins we had to score a couple of lovely goals. If it wasn't for our lack of cutting edge and some smashing saves from Max Currie that would've been five or six. 

Dom Thomas shouting "That's my f*cking right foot" at Currie after he scored :lol:

Really pleased for big Ross Perry too. He was excellent today, lead from the back, talked Henk through the game and generally acted like a captain. You cannot fault his attitude on the pitch, and I can't help but like him. He seems like a good guy.

To Stevie Aitken's Twitter...

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Someone tell me more about Dom Thomas shouting "that's my fucking right foot" at Max Currie after slotting one by him.

I think they would've been teammates at Motherwell in his youth team days, but after scoring (with his right) DT ran straight to him, did a bit of a 'Broony' and just kept shouting that at him :lol:

I've no idea if Currie had been telling his defenders to show him onto his right, or if this goes back further, but either way it looked to fire Dom right up. Second half especially he was unplayable.

I think they would've been teammates at Motherwell in his youth team days, but after scoring (with his right) DT ran straight to him, did a bit of a 'Broony' and just kept shouting that at him [emoji38]
I've no idea if Currie had been telling his defenders to show him onto his right, or if this goes back further, but either way it looked to fire Dom right up. Second half especially he was unplayable.
My god, I love Dom Thomas. I need a lie down after reading that.

Great stuff from the team today, so far from home too. Hopefully we've discovered a good team and shape that will take us on in the following weeks. From the doom and gloom of last week on the forum we will now go to East Fife with real hope of picking up points. 

Archived