Stranraer v Dumbarton

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The spelling mistake is intentional - oor auld pal Stevie Aitken tweeted "tought you well mate" to Faz after Stranraer's previous victory over us. 

Would've been even better if he'd tweeted it after the first encounter.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

If we win tomorrow (:lol:) Stevie's notifications are going to go a bit crazy.

He's brought it on himself and can have no complaints.  I was one who would've preferred everyone just moved on when he was sacked and I was disappointed that Stevie acted the way he did - sure, he was probably getting pelters and I'm sure after a while you would feel the need to defend yourself or react, but it showed a real lack of class. It must have been a bit of a kick in the teeth to the Dumbarton squad that HE built and HE apparently enjoyed working with. Can you imagine being a member of that squad, perhaps a member who didn't want Stevie sacked, and reading your former gaffer revelling in your defeat? I would've thought even after being sacked you'd have liked to have seen your squad go on and do well, regardless of any ill-feeling he has towards board members or certain fans.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He's brought it on himself and can have no complaints.  I was one who would've preferred everyone just moved on when he was sacked and I was disappointed that Stevie acted the way he did - sure, he was probably getting pelters and I'm sure after a while you would feel the need to defend yourself or react, but it showed a real lack of class. It must have been a bit of a kick in the teeth to the Dumbarton squad that HE built and HE apparently enjoyed working with. Can you imagine being a member of that squad, perhaps a member who didn't want Stevie sacked, and reading your former gaffer revelling in your defeat? I would've thought even after being sacked you'd have liked to have seen your squad go on and do well, regardless of any ill-feeling he has towards board members or certain fans.

His behaviour was utterly bizarre. Two months after being sacked most of our fans had moved on and were getting behind Duffy. I did a search for people who had tagged him in Tweets, and he wasn't receiving any stick on Twitter at all - the only time anyone publicly challenged him was when he was going full victim on 'Off the Ball' and tearing into the fans, chairman and board.

For him to randomly tweet his delight at a team he assembled losing to the team who had defeated him in his final game was classless. I've no doubt he was pleased for Faz, but to put it online reeked of attention seeking. Did anyone even consider the fact he and Faz were pals before that game? I can honestly say that the thought never crossed my mind. The fact he then deleted a few tweets, but left the one saying how much abuse he was taking was hilariously poor. Prospective employers will look at and remember that sort of stuff and, as you say, I'd imagine a few players won't have been too chuffed either.

I'm not surprised at all that, despite his excellent self-promotion skills and pals in the media, he hasn't found himself even linked with (m)any management positions since leaving us.

It should also be remembered that Aitken has acted bizarrely in the sense that he went on a day out with supporters after his sacking. We also had other staff members leave their posts and become abusive towards board members due to their love for him.

He was 100% trying to create a divide IMO.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

His behaviour was utterly bizarre. Two months after being sacked most of our fans had moved on and were getting behind Duffy. I did a search for people who had tagged him in Tweets, and he wasn't receiving any stick on Twitter at all - the only time anyone publicly challenged him was when he was going full victim on 'Off the Ball' and tearing into the fans, chairman and board.

For him to randomly tweet his delight at a team he assembled losing to the team who had defeated him in his final game was classless. I've no doubt he was pleased for Faz, but to put it online reeked of attention seeking. Did anyone even consider the fact he and Faz were pals before that game? I can honestly say that the thought never crossed my mind. The fact he then deleted a few tweets, but left the one saying how much abuse he was taking was hilariously poor. Prospective employers will look at and remember that sort of stuff and, as you say, I'd imagine a few players won't have been too chuffed either.

I'm not surprised at all that, despite his excellent self-promotion skills and pals in the media, he hasn't found himself even linked with (m)any management positions since leaving us.

Exactly, surely a simple text message to his great pal Faz would've sufficed.

As for your last sentence, one club who had him lined up withdrew their offer after his 'Off the Ball' antics.

25 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

"Striker Iain Russell is nearing full fitness for Sons and Willie Dyer is also on the mend. However, striker Rory Loy again misses out.
Otherwise, the gaffer has a full squad to choose from."

Decent.

As good as we could hope for.

Will Rory Loy ever kick a ball again for us? Seems most likely that he won't.

I'd play.

Grant Adam

Cammy Ballantyne Craig Barr Henk van Schaik David Ferguson

Ross Forbes Stuart Carswell Kyle Hutton Bobby Barr

Boris Melingui Dom Thomas

I think Duffy will play.

Grant Adam

Stuart Carswell David Ferguson Henk van Schaik Cammy Ballantyne

Michael Paton Ross Forbes Kyle Hutton Bobby Barr

I'd play.

Grant Adam

Cammy Ballantyne Craig Barr Henk van Schaik David Ferguson

Ross Forbes Stuart Carswell Kyle Hutton Bobby Barr

I think Duffy will play.

Grant Adam

Stuart Carswell David Ferguson Henk van Schaik Cammy Ballantyne

Michael Paton Ross Forbes Kyle Hutton Bobby Barr

I would play your first pick in a 4-3-3 formation with Thomas and Barr wide of Melingui.

1 hour ago, albundy said:
1 hour ago, son hawk said:

Which is why Carswell would also be there.

Even with Usain Bolt in there the midfield would lack enough pace, IMO we should play one but not both.

Thought this topic about tomorrows game, more being used for grievances.

Archived