Stranraer v Dumbarton

A face painted, flag waving Stevie Aitken to lead the Stranraer ultras on Saturday.  

If Stranraer win - he will be posting up his love for Faz.

If Dumbarton win - he will be back on national radio crying for attention because that big bad Dumbarton board sent him packing.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

As good as East Fife have been this season, I'm more confident about getting something from Methil than Stranraer.

We've had this weird ability to make you look like word beaters. We had that with Queen's Park last season too.

Stupidly I'm heading along to this. Been at least 11 years since I was down at Stranraer. Treating it as a day out and just going to enjoy it. Long journey back if (when) we lose though.

Stranraer are a weird one this season. They haven't looked like a better side than us in previous meetings. They simply wanted to win more than we did - which is more disappointing and concerning than losing to a better side.

Dumbarton fans trying desperately to play their underdog card first [emoji38]
Or it's Dumbarton fans accepting we are absolutely gash, haven't won away from home since the opening day of the season, haven't won in general since the 1st of December, have the worst form in the league and are bottom of the league.

That's called being realistic, not desperately trying to play the underdog card.

Even if we were "desperately trying to play the underdog card", what fucking good would it do?  I highly doubt Faz will be reading these boards on Friday night and think to himself "know wit, Dumbarton are so shite I think I'll start myself instead of Kyle Turner the morra".  Things said on here have absolutely zero bearing on the game and it's bizarre that fans think "mind games" exist.

Even if we were "desperately trying to play the underdog card", what fucking good would it do?  I highly doubt Faz will be reading these boards on Friday night and think to himself "know wit, Dumbarton are so shite I think I'll start myself instead of Kyle Turner the morra".  Things said on here have absolutely zero bearing on the game and it's bizarre that fans think "mind games" exist.
Aye, much like when folk start complaining about people being 'negative' on here or giving players stick. I highly doubt Willie Dyer is trawling through Pie and Bovril searching for the latest assessment of how shite he is, thus enhancing his shiteness for the next match.

5 hours ago, Moonball said:

It wasn't meant as a criticism. It's much nicer than the likes of Ayr/Clyde who talk up their chances!

Until last night we'd lost five on the bounce so I don't think there's much if anything between the sides.

We're just slightly more bad then... :lol:

Takes me back to the heady days of 1971/72 when Dumbarton won promotion scoring 102 goals on the way. In September the Sons went to Stranraer where of course Stranraer won 3-1. On January the third Dumbarton having beat Clydebank 3-2 at Kilbowie on New Year’s Day were tanked 4-2 by Stranraer. Indeed Stranraer and Arbroath were the only teams to do the double on us.

The previous season Dumbarton drew Stranraer in the cup and of course Stranraer won.Maybe we should just give them the points to save the travelling costs.

On 13/02/2019 at 23:25, Scottylintonstowel said:

Takes me back to the heady days of 1971/72 when Dumbarton won promotion scoring 102 goals on the way. In September the Sons went to Stranraer where of course Stranraer won 3-1. On January the third Dumbarton having beat Clydebank 3-2 at Kilbowie on New Year’s Day were tanked 4-2 by Stranraer. Indeed Stranraer and Arbroath were the only teams to do the double on us.

The previous season Dumbarton drew Stranraer in the cup and of course Stranraer won.Maybe we should just give them the points to save the travelling costs.

Ok by me!

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The spelling mistake is intentional - oor auld pal Stevie Aitken tweeted "tought you well mate" to Faz after Stranraer's previous victory over us. 

Ah ok.   I get a bit taut about such things.  Steve Achin' eh?

Archived