Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's the problem,  our decline started quite a few games before Dobbie got injured but our Manager's then obsession of sitting back and soaking up pressure and tying to steal points meant that Dobbie was often left stranded up front trying to stop 3 or 4 opposition defenders from playing out from the back. No wonder he looked pissed off a lot of the time.  Now our Manager realises that we now have to try and win games to achieve safety and is playing a more attacking style Dobbie hasn't been available. 

Agree totally.

We have actually started to play a more open game recently but without Dobbie the chances invariably fall to players who are not natural finishers and some who just don’t want to take any responsibility in front of goal. Had we deployed the same tactics all season it is inconceivable that we would be in this position.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

The same tactics that saw you being eviscerated 4-0 the other night would have been your saviour all along - nae bother then.

I agree.

Since Playing a more open style of football Queens have dropped like a stone.

I agree.
You're kidding right? Deploying Dobbie up front with little support and trying to shitebag draws is what's helped us drop like a stone.

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, SueSue said:
I agree.

You're kidding right? Deploying Dobbie up front with little support and trying to shitebag draws is what's helped us drop like a stone.

Since a more open style of football Queens have gone from 4th / 5th at the turn of the year to 8th/9th 

Is that not correct?

Since a more open style of football Queens have gone from 4th / 5th at the turn of the year to 8th/9th 
Is that not correct?

Since the turn of the year they’ve lost Semple who was arguably their best defender after Doyle. And teams below them have improved.

They also lost Josh Todd to injury for a while and Dobbie wasn’t scoring as regularly.

Is that not correct?

No. When did we start playing this open style of football you're talking about? We are where we are because we don't do enough attacking (something we've shown we're actually capable of doing well) and instead have approached games more defensively (something we've shown we're actually pretty poor at, if we allow crosses to come in). We were comfortably on top until the goal on Friday when we were playing an open game (something we actually did successfully against Dunfermline the week before) and it was down to our inability to mark that we went behind. After we went behind the open style seemed to disappear, we returned to sitting in and got comfortably thumped.

If we had played a more open style throughout the season I'm confident we wouldn't be needing a win to stay up on Saturday.

2 hours ago, SueSue said:

I agree.

We've only really been playing this "open" style of football for the last two or three games,  prior to that the Manager's approach was very defensive but often had to be changed during the games,  normally into the second half,  because we were having to chase a result. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

No. When did we start playing this open style of football you're talking about? We are where we are because we don't do enough attacking (something we've shown we're actually capable of doing well) and instead have approached games more defensively (something we've shown we're actually pretty poor at, if we allow crosses to come in). We were comfortably on top until the goal on Friday when we were playing an open game (something we actually did successfully against Dunfermline the week before) and it was down to our inability to mark that we went behind. After we went behind the open style seemed to disappear, we returned to sitting in and got comfortably thumped.

If we had played a more open style throughout the season I'm confident we wouldn't be needing a win to stay up on Saturday.

I am not arguing with you as I get what you say. 

My example is this.

Ross county away prior to Christmas was a defensive set up which gave us a point. Last week a clearly more open style of play resulted in a 4 0 loss.

I honestly have no problem with a more defensive set up away from home, catching teams on the break. It has proved to work.

Where I think the problem has been is setting up defensively at home too many times this season. 

29 minutes ago, SueSue said:

I honestly have no problem with a more defensive set up away from home, catching teams on the break. It has proved to work.

We've lost ten of our away league games.

It's not that glowing a tribute to our approach.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We've lost ten of our away league games.

It's not that glowing a tribute to our approach.

Prior to the 5th Jan Queens lost 3 away league games.

maybe a more defensive approach away from home was not as daft as it was made out to be.

15 minutes ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

I’d keep stenny in league one that would be less travelling 

That's honestly the headache that I want to avoid desperately by staying up. League 1 next year could easy be Peterhead, Forfar, Montrose, East Fife, Brechin, Stranraer, Dumbarton and Airdrie + Raith  the only journeys under an hour. East Fife is over an hour and the rest are what I would call fairly long trips.

Edited by LeodhasXD
how many get promoted

6 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Prior to the 5th Jan Queens lost 3 away league games.

maybe a more defensive approach away from home was not as daft as it was made out to be.

You seem to think we got all enterprising in January, thus becoming shite.

I'm afraid only the second part of that is true.

1 minute ago, LeodhasXD said:

That's honestly the headache that I want to avoid desperately by staying up. League 1 next year could easy be Annan, Peterhead, Forfar, Montrose, East Fife, Brechin, Stranraer, Dumbarton and Airdrie which is the only journey under an hour. 2 of those journeys are just over an hour and the rest are what I would call fairly long trips.

Moaning about only having two away league games within an hour's distance.

Some of you people make me sick.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Moaning about only having two away league games within an hour's distance.

Some of you people make me sick.

Doesn't suit me for work. If it's longer than 2 hours I need the entire Saturday off.