Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Falkirk needing snookers and miracles now. Think Rudden is now suspended and they play Dun Utd and County. 

9th is the position the rest of the relegation pack are looking at now. 

In saying that, whoever finishes 9th should win the playoff's  - though I just hope it's not us!  

Falkirk needing snookers and miracles now. Think Rudden is now suspended and they play Dun Utd and County. 
9th is the position the rest of the relegation pack are looking at now. 
In saying that, whoever finishes 9th should win the playoff's  - though I just hope it's not us!  
You can simply put us in tenth based on today showing everyone else that we will not put ourselves in the position required to take points from even teams who have nothing to play for.

Nothing to play for does not mean you get the points for free. You still have to go and get them and it should be clear to everyone now that we wont. I hope whoever ends up in the playoffs doesnt come down with us on the basis that they are all as it stands a better shout to come back up than we are

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Falkirk's only hope is that United and/or County don't give a shit now that they've all but wrapped up their final positions. 

Theonly problem with that is it's quite clear most of our players/management/board don't give a shit either.

16 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Just wish the pars had more to play for worryingly for my team they are getting beaten by other possible relegation candidates and I see Morton play you last game of the season as well.

had to laugh at the pundit who said Falkirk have 2 hard games left. They don’t they have 2 games against teams who have nothing to play for 

2 teams with nothing to play for but 2 teams not as incompetent as the rest of you shitebags. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You can simply put us in tenth based on today showing everyone else that we will not put ourselves in the position required to take points from even teams who have nothing to play for.

Nothing to play for does not mean you get the points for free. You still have to go and get them and it should be clear to everyone now that we wont. I hope whoever ends up in the playoffs doesnt come down with us on the basis that they are all as it stands a better shout to come back up than we are

Think if you are playing well and you still had Rudden then you could say you always had an outside chance. But it doesn't sound that you have been playing  well enough over the last few weeks to have any optimism of getting anything from the last 2 games.  

Think if you are playing well and you still had Rudden then you could say you always had an outside chance. But it doesn't sound that you have been playing  well enough over the last few weeks to have any optimism of getting anything from the last 2 games.  
The RC game at home is the most likely where the opposition totally phone it in.

United away has the advantage that DKD can play, but that is serious straw clutching.

4 hours ago, Jagsman411971 said:

Thistle, Falkirk and Queens will all win today. 

Close... ;)

I fancy Partick to get at least 4 from a tiring Ayr side over the next two games. Hilarious that we could go 5th with a win next week and not quite be safe (can the numbers guys check this?).

37 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Massive wins for us, Morton and Thistle. 

Alloa pulled right back into the midst of the scrap again. 

I haven't looked at all the fixtures but we could yet finish anywhere between 5th and 10th. 8th would be lovely.

Said this a couple of times but we have never been out of the scrap. It's going to the last day. 

Good effort from Alloa today and might well have had a precious point. Bring on Inverness. 

3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Close... ;)

I fancy Partick to get at least 4 from a tiring Ayr side over the next two games. Hilarious that we could go 5th with a win next week and not quite be safe (can the numbers guys check this?).

A win next week would put us on 43 points and into 5th. 

Pars win 44 points

Queens win 41 points

Alloa win 41 points

Thistle have a game in hand and could potentially be on 40 points or 43 points if they win the game in hand

Falkirk win 38 points

We have been absolute garbage this season and that inexplicable five-match winning run is likely the only thing that will keep us up. Crawford is in no way better than AJ and a total re-think is needed in the summer.

My heart still wants Petrie, who could be about to take Montrose into a miracle play-off semi-final but Goodwin or Hopkin may make more sense.

As for the league, we can still finish in the bottom 2, which is pathetic.

Falkirk need at least 4 points IMO, Queens will almost certainly need to beat Thistle on the final day, Alloa game with Inverness is massive and Morton are safe. Thistle game in hand is vital for them and a win there should just about see them safe too.

On 17/04/2019 at 00:35, Paisley Ton said:

This is a true fact.

This is also very unlikely in a league with such a high percentage of draws and have those 3 teams won on the same Saturday before this season?

A more likely scenario is a Ton win all but relegates  Fawkirk 

Sleep tight and enjoy those dreams

Got it wrong on likelihood of three wins but came through on bonus ball with scenario  that Ton win almost relegated Fawkirk.

Great day out and cheap at that with £10 in for the BIG ton support.

What happened to the sell out or did season ticket holders know the score in advance.

I'd imagine we'll play the kids against Alloa next week, even if Ayr win their game in hand against Thistle.  So I'd be fancying Alloa to beat us. 

Reckon going into the last game the bottom half will look like this:-

Partick - 41
Morton - 41
Alloa - 39
QoS - 38
Falkirk - 35

Can't see us not getting beat at County given it'll be their party. Partick getting 4 against Ayr looks likely given how poor/tired Ayr have looked and will surely want to rest players.

I think we'll be needing a win against Thistle on the last day which I'm pretty happy about given it means we still have it in our hands!

There's a real possibility 4 sides could end the season on 41pts and it'll come down to GD.