Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Things could all change quickly, tbh we needed a pen to beat Ayr and last night we got the breaks we deserved. A few months back we outplayed Falkirk and QOTS at home yet lost. What is pleasing though is that our team is fighting for everything and we have a scorer now.

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If we hadn't managed to bring out a couple of decent saves from your keeper,  didn't have scoring chances,  didn't have any shots on,  or off,   target,   didn't match you for possession for a good part of the game,  didn't win any corners, then I would agree we were shite from the start,  the stats might show  otherwise.  It was a game of two evenly matched and poor teams until you made substitutions,   after which you were the much better side and got what you deserved. 

Are you Gary Naysmith ?  if not  you talk the some rubbish as him 

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Things could all change quickly, tbh we needed a pen to beat Ayr and last night we got the breaks we deserved. A few months back we outplayed Falkirk and QOTS at home yet lost. What is pleasing though is that our team is fighting for everything and we have a scorer now.

I get your overall point but we honestly deserved to lose that Falkirk game. We were dominant for the first five minutes, missed a sitter of the season contender and then shitebagged our way to a pathetic defeat.

I don't know if I'd rate it as high as the wee team cup defeat but it was a miserable afternoon. I don't often get angry at the football any more but I was seething that day.

14 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

Today's burning hypothetical question:

How many goals would Stephen Dobbie score in league one?

Given that Scotland could allegedly "do a lot worse!" than calling him up, I expect him to rattle in a couple of goals away to Belgium, sealing his dream move to Ibrox. 

11 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Are you Gary Naysmith ?  if not  you talk the some rubbish as him 

No,  I'm no great admirer of Naysmith's tactics. Which part of my post about the match don't you agree with?   If you were actually at the game it may give any alternative viewpoints you have a bit of credence. 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Given that Scotland could allegedly "do a lot worse!" than calling him up, I expect him to rattle in a couple of goals away to Belgium, sealing his dream move to Ibrox. 

^^^^ Obsessed with which team Dobbie supports.  (but would still luv to see him in a Falkirk jersey no doubt). 

16 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If we hadn't managed to bring out a couple of decent saves from your keeper,  didn't have scoring chances,  didn't have any shots on,  or off,   target,   didn't match you for possession for a good part of the game,  didn't win any corners, then I would agree we were shite from the start,  the stats might show  otherwise.  It was a game of two evenly matched and poor teams until you made substitutions,   after which you were the much better side and got what you deserved. 

It was in no way 2 evenly matched teams on the night for me! Our midfield completely controlled the game with our wing backs causing you a lot of problems,  No surprise that our 2 best players were Tidser and Lyon and McAlister also had a really good game. Of course you boys created a couple of chances but you would expect that with your front two however we were by far the better team on the night even before the subs and deserved the victory!!

Felt you boys were much better on the first day of the season and even though we were 2 up and it finished 2-2, you probably deserved to win that game, Scully got us the draw with a couple of brilliant saves that day!

On relegation, opinion will prob change week to week.  Dont think it will be 2 from bottom 3 just yet. Queens, Morton or even Dunfermline could get dragged back in if they go on ( or continue on)  a really bad run  but on the other hand, wins for Dunfermline and Morton this weekend will go a long way to getting them safe!    For now,  i'll go for for Alloa bottom and Queens 9th and  it will prob go down to the very last min of the last game! Queens v Partick looks massive!

6 minutes ago, madton said:

It was in no way 2 evenly matched teams on the night for me! Our midfield completely controlled the game with our wing backs causing you a lot of problems,  No surprise that our 2 best players were Tidser and Lyon and McAlister also had a really good game. Of course you boys created a couple of chances but you would expect that with your front two however we were by far the better team on the night even before the subs and deserved the victory!!

Felt you boys were much better on the first day of the season and even though we were 2 up and it finished 2-2, you probably deserved to win that game, Scully got us the draw with a couple of brilliant saves that day!

On relegation, opinion will prob change week to week.  Dont think it will be 2 from bottom 3 just yet. Queens, Morton or even Dunfermline could get dragged back in if they go on ( or continue on)  a really bad run  but on the other hand, wins for Dunfermline and Morton this weekend will go a long way to getting them safe!    For now,  i'll go for for Alloa bottom and Queens 9th and  it will prob go down to the very last min of the last game! Queens v Partick looks massive!

All about opinions obviously but I would still say we posed you as many problems as you caused us, one defence and keeper was as busy as the other until the last 20 - 25 minutes anyway,  which to me is the best gauge of whose on top   The last 20 minutes or so. you hemmed us in, but "completely controlled the game" is overstating things a bit. For the most part it looked like 2 teams who didn't want to lose and the nervousness showed. In the end I don't think there are many,  if any,  QoS fans who thought we really deserved anything from the game. 

I can see it being Alloa and Partick in the bottom two come season end, but not sure which one last. Purely because I think he's an abysmal manager, I think Caldwell will take Thistle down whilst Alloa win the play off final against Raith.
Falkirk will be safe but only with a week to go.

On 01/03/2019 at 12:27, velo army said:

I'm away to the League 1 forum to begin setting up the Jags 19/20 thread. Wattery shite of a season.

A tad early but it's always good to plan ahead.

While a quiet weekend I think a QOS win today  (a big shout after seeing them on Tuesday, but Dobbie is due a goal) will create a gap with the bottom three that I don't expect to be closed.

Expected more of this new Falkirk team last night. They have a greater physicality but not a necessarily the quality I was expecting but gave it great effort which is a big improvement on their pre-Christmas showings. But not Ross's post St Mirren of a few years ago.

If if all goes to normal championship form I feel we will have a clear picture of the final relegation candidates once we get to the last three fixtures. 

Come on the Queens.

A tad early but it's always good to plan ahead.
While a quiet weekend I think a QOS win today  (a big shout after seeing them on Tuesday, but Dobbie is due a goal) will create a gap with the bottom three that I don't expect to be closed.
Expected more of this new Falkirk team last night. They have a greater physicality but not a necessarily the quality I was expecting but gave it great effort which is a big improvement on their pre-Christmas showings. But not Ross's post St Mirren of a few years ago.
If if all goes to normal championship form I feel we will have a clear picture of the final relegation candidates once we get to the last three fixtures. 
Come on the Queens.
We're welcoming Queens into the relegation battle with open arms

Queens have lost there last 6 league games in real trouble now just can't see where the next point never mind win is coming from 

This league turns easily though. IMO the bottom 3 will be the bottom 3 come May. In what order who knows. Every week will be tasty now. Three points for us Friday however will pile the pressure on you Alloa and Partick

Going into last quarter, it is going to be interesting.

We have

Ayr Alloa Patrick Morton Ross County at Home ( Earlier fixtures 4 points )

Inverness Dunfermline Q of S Ross County Dundee United Away ( Earlier fixtures 6 points ) 

This time I think we will take 10 at home and 5 away = 41 points should get us safe, maybe more if Ross County have won the league before the last day.

I know the previous results won’t be repeated, but  in these previous fixtures Patrick only gained 5 points in Q2.

Going into last quarter, it is going to be interesting.
We have
Ayr Alloa Patrick Morton Ross County at Home ( Earlier fixtures 4 points )
Inverness Dunfermline Q of S Ross County Dundee United Away ( Earlier fixtures 6 points ) 
This time I think we will take 10 at home and 5 away = 41 points should get us safe, maybe more if Ross County have won the league before the last day.
I know the previous results won’t be repeated, but  in these previous fixtures Patrick only gained 5 points in Q2.

We have won 3 of our last 6 since Christmas. Keep that ratio up we will stay up. However the two games v Alloa and Partick are the two that are huge