Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

What a fucking riddy.

Losing is bad enough but to be 2nd favourites when playing Alloa is a proper riddy

All we had to do was draw with an already relegated Airdrie to avoid the play-offs in the first place. What happened? Of course we got beat. Also, the week previous, we were 3-0 up (I think?) against Partick and they managed to draw 3-3 with a Lawless equaliser in the dying seconds. A win would have saved us. So, to summarise, it was the biggest f**k-up in recent Championship history and I'm surprised we don't get absolutely slaughtered for it more often.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's nonsense. Alloa were in no way favourites to win that playoff.

They were. We had a youth team up against them, with Falkingham and Stephen Husband as our experienced players. We were right up against it. 

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's nonsense. Alloa were in no way favourites to win that playoff.

Speak for yourself. I don't know that bookies odds were but I thought we'd really struggle, especially in the first leg. We were lucky beyond belief that Forfar self-destructed or they'd have battered us in the semi-final. 4-1 up on aggregate and still lost; that must have been sare.

As has been mentioned though, we had huge chances to avoid the play-off in the first place. 3-1 up at Firhill and drew and then somehow lost at home to a putrid Airdrie side. Of course, the team on the park deserved to stay up but the off-field nonsense meant they had a point deduction to deal with.

Would people be bumming up this Alloa team if Falkirk and Thistle weren't having laughably bad seasons?

Seems they would be bottom any normal season and the best I can say is at least you aren't Brechin. The benchmark set for all Shitty seasons.

Edited by Gaz FFC

Alloa fans this year seem to want a medal for not being 2017 Brechin. They were rotten on Saturday.

Honestly thought Alloa looked a decent side on Saturday and played some good stuff at times.

Agree they probably will finish bottom, but although prospects look better for the Bairns I’m a wee bit concerned that too many of us are taking safety for granted.

We have work still to do before we can look upwards....

Honestly thought Alloa looked a decent side on Saturday and played some good stuff at times.
Agree they probably will finish bottom, but although prospects look better for the Bairns I’m a wee bit concerned that too many of us are taking safety for granted.
We have work still to do before we can look upwards....

Tell me you are kidding? Alloa decent - they were stinking

Tell me you are kidding? Alloa decent - they were stinking

I think I’ve been to enough Alloa Falkirk games to know just how shit this fixture can be on that pitch.
The conditions and probably nerves on both sides did not help. However in the first half in particular Alloa played well and at least deserved to be level.
Put it this way, I came out of the game thinking we look so much better than pre Christmas, yet we only won by the odd goal...

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think I’ve been to enough Alloa Falkirk games to know just how shit this fixture can be on that pitch.
The conditions and probably nerves on both sides did not help. However in the first half in particular Alloa played well and at least deserved to be level.
Put it this way, I came out of the game thinking we look so much better than pre Christmas, yet we only won by the odd goal...

Tbh I think all that does is highlight what a horrendous result it was for Alloa to lose 2-0 at home to our pre-2019 team. The narrow pitch definitely helped us that day, whereas on Saturday a wider pitch would have certainly been to our benefit 

Tbh I think all that does is highlight what a horrendous result it was for Alloa to lose 2-0 at home to our pre-2019 team. The narrow pitch definitely helped us that day, whereas on Saturday a wider pitch would have certainly been to our benefit 

I think we’ll get a better idea on Saturday what level Alloa are at. Lose to Thistle and I can’t see them competing well to the end of the season.
However I think they will get at least a point v Thistle...

I think if Thistle beat them (Alloa), then Thistle break them. Not sure if there’s much to choose between Thistle and ourselves at this point in time.

The Fifers are close, but still have a bit of an advantage, and Morten’s points advantage really needs us and Thistle to do one another a big favour, and for both to beat them. Then it would get really interesting.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

I think how the rest of this month goes will determine how the remainder of the season will shape up for Thistle. 

We could, with a win over Alloa on Saturday, go level on points with Dunfermline if they lose and with Dunfermline to play before the end of the month we could really drag them into it while hauling us a bit away from the bottom. 

Lose to Alloa and Dunfermline, however, with our other game still to play this month against Ross County, albeit at home, then we are deep in the pooh with the momentum of our recent good run well and truly halted. 

I don't think our recent performances are significantly better than during that bad run when Caldwell first come in but the mentality has improved considerably. We've lost the look of a team expecting to be beaten and now look like a side that can grind out a win as witnessed at Inverness and East Fife. It's going to be tight at the bottom no matter what but I think we will do enough to nudge us to safety. The ones I'd be worried about are those that look to be on a downward trajectory right now. This is a horrible time to go on a bad run.