Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Although I don’t think it’ll happen I went ahead and punched some results into the table calculator and the best I could get was Dunfermline 9th. However this involved you lot not winning another game and the teams below you pulling off some big results.

Mathematically it could happen but the teams below you play each other too often for them to catch you. I’d say unless ourselves or ICT drop off again the Pars are the only team in this league not fighting for anything. How bloody boring is that?
Aye it's a bit crap. Will have to settle for sticking a nail in Morton's coffin on penultimate game of the season.

Have you totally discounted the fact that the teams below us will also be playing each other?
2nd April Queens vs Falkirk
6th April Falkirk vs Alloa, Queens vs Morton
13th April Alloa vs Queens
20th April Falkirk vs Morton, Thistle vs Alloa
4th May Queens vs Thistle
I'm sure one or two sides would climb above us if we have some terrible end of season form but it's fanciful to suggest it's likely enough to consider as an option. There's more chance of Rangers, Ayr and Raith all winning the league this season.
But hey, if we do end up in the bottom two then it'll mean one hell of a set of results so I'll accept it for the sake of patter.
Could someone come up with a set of results that would see us relegated or in 9th? Just so I can understand how worried I should be.
U ok ***? X

I’m sure he’s grand, safe in the knowledge his team will be in this division next season.

Can the same be said for Queens though?
Well no. Look at the table and you'll see we're in bother. HTH.
This you realising you've made a bit of a hash of this? 
Not really. I've hardly suggested Dunfermline are going to be relegated merely pointed out that given the nature of this league they aren't entirely safe yet. I find it baffling that such a throwaway comment could upset someone so much.

Dunfermline finishing 9th or 10th will be like Falkirk getting 4th; there's too many teams below the Pars that would need to win enough games. Indeed, going by the fixtures left I'd suggest it's probably impossible for them to finish below 8th and Falkirk above 5th.

Same with Falkirk getting 4th; too many teams would need to lose enough games. 

Not really. I've hardly suggested Dunfermline are going to be relegated merely pointed out that given the nature of this league they aren't entirely safe yet. I find it baffling that such a throwaway comment could upset someone so much.
Not really a throwaway comment when you've mentioned it a fair few times.

We’ll get two more completely unexpected and spawny wins between now and the end of the season which will be enough. Saturday’s results didn’t actually change that other than losing a fixture from the run in.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

We’ll get two more completely unexpected and spawny wins between now and the end of the season which will be enough. Saturday’s results didn’t actually change that other than losing a fixture from the run in.

We won't take any points from the next 2 games, you'd like to think, even as bad as we are that we can take care of business at home to Alloa, if we did I'd be slightly more confident of picking up a stinking win somewhere! Most likely we'll lose every single game left and finish below Alloa while JJ goes on his summer holiday's with not a care in the world, the curly heeded twat!

Edited by M0rtonfc

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well no. Look at the table and you'll see we're in bother. HTH.

:lol:

I think most folk can see there's one person who's managed to get upset over nothing and it's not me.

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d say unless ourselves or ICT drop off again the Pars are the only team in this league not fighting for anything. How bloody boring is that?

The entire season has been a bit of a snore tbh. It's been a distinctly unmemorable few years to support Dunfermline following our promotion, with some very brief highlights.

[emoji38]
I think most folk can see there's one person who's managed to get upset over nothing and it's not me.
I don't get upset on a football forum ;) I made a comment that you disagreed with. The depths you went to was a bit bizarre. A "Nah we're safe, you're talking shite" would have sufficed.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The entire season has been a bit of a snore tbh. It's been a distinctly unmemorable few years to support Dunfermline following our promotion, with some very brief highlights.

Still, it's far more entertaining than the argument of whether Dunfermline are safe from relegation or not tbf. Especially when they are clearly not going to be relegated. 

Edited by thistledo