• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

558 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going down?

• Alloa Athletic- Officially safe
    • Dunfermline Athletic - Retired again from race...Officially safe
    • Falkirk - GET DOON!!!
    • Greenock Morton -Retired from race...Officially Safe
    • Queen of the South - Tried their hardest to get doon, but fell at the final hurdle
    • Partick Thistle - Officially safe

No. Infact i think he might become player/manager if that was the case.

That’s an interesting idea.
Do you think he’s got the appetite to be manager?
No disrespect to Queens but I guess there’s an argument that he’s shown a lack of ambition in recent years....

Alloa and Qos...welcome to the jungle...

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That’s an interesting idea.
Do you think he’s got the appetite to be manager?
No disrespect to Queens but I guess there’s an argument that he’s shown a lack of ambition in recent years....

I wouldn’t want him to be the manager at the moment. There is still a good couple of seasons in him as a player. 

Alloa and Qos...welcome to the seaside...

FTFY

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

FTFY

imgur_reaction.gif.b2a123a95790dce0cdd6fe0b0c78c0da.gif

35 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

If you go down, I go down.

:wub: u 

:wub:

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

Not a good sign, I'm guessing the reserve goalie is of reserve quality ?

I'm waiting for the Naysmith interview, been good of rage/lost it recently

Leighfield has had plenty of first team experience,  not so much this season though as Martin has remained largely injury free. I would say he's proved to be a competent enough  back-up for this level. 

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Question for Queens fans. If you did go down do you think Dobbie would move on?

He's the only player on the books who's  already signed up for next season afaik so won't be going anywhere unless someone makes an offer or there is a mutual agreement for him to be released. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

He's the only player on the books who's  already signed up for next season afaik so won't be going anywhere unless someone makes an offer or there is a mutual agreement for him to be released. 

Or he has a relegation clause, but if he stays in Dumfries then a move away would seem an odd one unless it was alot more cash

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

Or he has a relegation clause, but if he stays in Dumfries then a move away would seem an odd one unless it was alot more cash

Dobbie stays in Lytham St Anne's 140 miles from Dumfries. 

3 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I mean if he was smart his extension would surely include a relegation clause. He can do the job if he was at county they’d have secured the league by now, I can’t inagin someone like him settling for league one at this point in their career. 

I do tbf see it as highly unlikely queens will be in the mix, I can’t see past us and alloa for bottom two and I’m by no means a Caldwell hater. Just think everyone else has picked up enough n queens are still to do so. 

Hope we can keep it going but all heads face to Tuesday first. Huge game before a huge huge huge weekend at Falkirk. Caldwell’s biggest test this week or so. 

Edited by ptptptfc

4 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Dobbie stays in Lytham St Anne's 140 miles from Dumfries. 

Wow that's one hell of a commute

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Wow that's one hell of a commute

And we train in  Hamilton which means another 60 miles or so.  I'm not sure if he's up at every training  session though but I believe he's got family in the Glasgow area so he may stay there sometime.  He also helps out with running the reserves so will have some travelling with that as well.

The travelling's probably bearable if you and the team are doing well but must take a bit of self-motivation when the teams struggling.  

7 hours ago, ptptptfc said:

I can’t inagin someone like him settling for league one at this point in their career. 

Player/manager role and he would for sure break 50 goals at that level.

I honestly wouldn't rule out any of the bottom 5 for 2 places. Alloa are like Christine (Stephen King) and Id be more concerned with being QoS, smells very much like Raith, all we need now is Yogi to come in.

Morton aren't out of it yet either, tho would say 9th is their biggest risk, they seem to shitfesting enough draws to be ok tho

On 3/9/2019 at 17:08, parslad said:

Hope you never put  a lottery on.

...em...this reverse psychology stuff is brilliant, eh?

Alloa are still going to be bottom. That's not really changed in the last few weeks.

Queens for second bottom. I wrongly thought Morton were going to do the freefall thing but it's them. Horrific form. 

If we win on Saturday I reckon we're safe, even assuming we lose tomorrow.

Alloa are still going to be bottom. That's not really changed in the last few weeks.
Queens for second bottom. I wrongly thought Morton were going to do the freefall thing but it's them. Horrific form. 
If we win on Saturday I reckon we're safe, even assuming we lose tomorrow.
The differemce between Queens shite run and Morton/Pars is that Queens one actually has them in it now. They have made it down to within one point of us. The rest, we were specualting that their results would continue, but they never got dangerously close. Its good to have another team dragged in obviously.

Saturday is fucking massive. I do think its a must win for us. They will see it the same though. Imagine it will be a highly charged affair.

43 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The differemce between Queens shite run and Morton/Pars is that Queens one actually has them in it now. They have made it down to within one point of us. The rest, we were specualting that their results would continue, but they never got dangerously close. Its good to have another team dragged in obviously.

Saturday is fucking massive. I do think its a must win for us. They will see it the same though. Imagine it will be a highly charged affair.

At least Thistle fans know Caldwell is a cool head, and certainly won't spontaneously combust if they lose.

Our chances of staying up seem to have improved in the period where we haven`t played any games. Maybe we should stick to that strategy.