• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going down?

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 15:05, Gaz FFC said:

Would people be bumming up this Alloa team if Falkirk and Thistle weren't having laughably bad seasons?

What?   we have only gained five points from both of these teams all season..and four of them off partick  .didn't really think about this did you?

Edited by whereismillar

What?   we have only gained five points from both of these teams all season..and four of them off partick  .didn't really think about this did you?

I think you have missed the point here.

2 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

I would say yet again our points on the doors is what will save us.

What ever hope you and Partick have of going on a winning run is supported by little evidence that many teams can achieve that is this league.

Fact, 31 % of games in this league end in draws, so winning runs tend to be a maximum of 2/3.

This is the best thread on the go and look forward counting down the safe teams and condemning others to the seaside days out.

Sometimes teams just have a smell of failure on them. Morton seem that way to me.

You shouldn't go down because you have points on the board and not a bottom two squad, but there just seems a pall of disaster around the club. The whole McKinnon disaster, your chairman making a fool of himself, rage appointing Johansson.. just seems like it's written in the stars.

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t be silly. The Pars won’t win away to Alloa....

Personally would have that as a draw or home win myself

Its horrible having no game this weekend, tho County away isn't really that bad a game to free up and maybe we can hope for a similar result in last season having to play the champions in the last couple of weeks twice when they have nothing to play for like we did with St Mirren last season and took 6pts.

Edited by MrDust

10 hours ago, whereismillar said:

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I think you have missed the point here.

Bingo.

If Falkirk and Thistle weren't having terrible seasons Alloa would be bottom and nobody would be talking about them other than to point and laugh at their 5 aside pitch.

Alloa have been made to look good by an abject Falkirk and Thistle.

If Alloa were merely within a handful of points of Dunfermline at this stage of the season then it'd be regarded as a decent effort tbh. Their fanbase does get all Royston Vasey as soon as they get tipped for 10th or a pumping on any thread in this forum though so I guess we should just roll with it.  

12 hours ago, DAFC. said:

We were much improved against Ross County, but expected defeat there regardless.  

Never ever hang your hat on a plucky narrow defeat (or even a point) against the league leaders. It's more often than not just a cruel mirage of “jam tomorrow”.

DF is wrong mostly but I agree with him here. I'd actually say playing better and still losing is actually a really bad sign. It's the direct opposite of winning when playing shite being the sign of a good side.

The weekend fixtures in the 'Race to the Seaside'

Falkirk get a weekend off, thanks to Ross County's big cup tie, but they are safe in the knowledge that they can't return to bottom spot

Alloa v Partick

Looks to be tie of the weekend. 9th v 10th as the Jags visit the Recs. Manager Gary Caldwell will be sitting this one in the stand after he called Andrew Dallas a cheating b*****d. The same fixture in October was Caldwell's first in charge at Thistle and ended in a victory for the home side. Favourites for the drop Alloa will be hoping to end their four match losing streak and get their season back on track.

Dunfermline v Inverness

The Pars are still searching for their first win of the year and will be looking for their first home win since 1st December against a play off chasing Inverness side 

Morton v Ayr

The Greenock team face a high flying Ayr side who can return to the summit of the table with a win.  Morton are still shuddering from the absolute doing received in the same fixture in September. Shankland loves a goal against Morton and this will be a tough test for them.

QOS v Dundee Utd

The Dobbie Show welcome big spending Dundee United who will be hoping to keep the pressure on at the top of the league. Palmerston's pitch means it is never an easy place to come to and in their last home league game, leaders Ross County were swatted aside with ease. Will Dundee United face the same fate as their city neighbours did, in the last match played at Palmerston?

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

The weekend fixtures in the 'Race to the Seaside'

Falkirk get a weekend off, thanks to Ross County's big cup tie, but they are safe in the knowledge that they can't return to bottom spot

Alloa v Partick

Looks to be tie of the weekend. 9th v 10th as the Jags visit the Recs. Manager Gary Caldwell will be sitting this one in the stand after he called Andrew Dallas a cheating b*****d. The same fixture in October was Caldwell's first in charge at Thistle and ended in a victory for the home side. Favourites for the drop Alloa will be hoping to end their four match losing streak and get their season back on track.

Dunfermline v Inverness

The Pars are still searching for their first win of the year and will be looking for their first home win since 1st December against a play off chasing Inverness side 

Morton v Ayr

The Greenock team face a high flying Ayr side who can return to the summit of the table with a win.  Morton are still shuddering from the absolute doing received in the same fixture in September. Shankland loves a goal against Morton and this will be a tough test for them.

QOS v Dundee Utd

The Dobbie Show welcome big spending Dundee United who will be hoping to keep the pressure on at the top of the league. Palmerston's pitch means it is never an easy place to come to and in their last home league game, leaders Ross County were swatted aside with ease. Will Dundee United face the same fate as their city neighbours did, in the last match played at Palmerston?

Draws all round would be preferable with the exception of hoping Ayr give Morton another doing (dont let me down). nothing against Morton just like to see the inevitable meltdown on P&B.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Draws all round would be preferable with the exception of hoping Ayr give Morton another doing (dont let me down). nothing against Morton just like to see the inevitable meltdown on P&B.

We'll beat Morton if you beat Dundee United next week. Deal?

Just now, I'm Brian said:

We'll beat Morton if you beat Dundee United next week. Deal?

Sounds like a plan, Deal 

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Sounds like a plan, Deal 

Seeing as your so easy to deal with I'll chuck in us beating Dunfermline next week for free :) 

Great results for Partick and Dunfermline today, absolutely wild that Dunfermline are only 5 points away from the promotion playoffs, similarly only 4 points above the relegation ones. 

A draw would be an good result against Ayr and is  plausible, since they absolutely bodied Dundee Utd they've not been skelping teams with such regularity. 

More confident about that game than I am against Partick, the signing of Steven Anderson was one of the best bits of business in the window. 

Great results for Partick and Dunfermline today, absolutely wild that Dunfermline are only 5 points away from the promotion playoffs, similarly only 4 points above the relegation ones. 
A draw would be an good result against Ayr and is  plausible, since they absolutely bodied Dundee Utd they've not been skelping teams with such regularity. 

More confident about that game than I am against Partick, the signing of Steven Anderson was one of the best bits of business in the window. 
Bruce Anderson dislikes this

Think we have made enough correct  changes to save us now. Main one was gettin rid of AJ. There's loads of fight in our team.  The loan signings look good. That will hopefully be enough to see us through.