Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

FTFY.
Anyway, it's a more successful season than at least QoS and Falkirk.
Possibly also better than Dunfermline and Partick depending on results today.

At the start of the season Morton fans were hailing their squad of players assembled to claim a top 4 finish.
This followed on from a major clear out at the end of last season of a mediocre, mid table squad of players.
Result this season - more mid table mediocrity 🤣

6 hours ago, Kobe2010 said:

After 35 league games you are 3 points better off than us.You are potentially the biggest club in this league yet you sit top of the bottom five.I would think you have bigger problems than worrying about anyone calling us unlucky.

I don't even think Dunfermline fans think that's true.

On 13/02/2019 at 09:11, RandomGuy. said:

Partick avoided relegation the day the signed Ando :wub:

As I said, what is Ando may never be relegated.

3 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Unlucky champ. My prediction was correct, unlike your “Falkirk will finish 4th” prediction.

Fair play big man.

although let’s be right.... you only made it with 2 games to play !!

But yes, you were spot on unlike me.

Does someone think we’re a bigger club than Dundee United? That’s actually mental.

I can’t actually believe Falkirk got relegated. I just assumed they’d find a way to escape but will be very strange seeing them in League One. They should win the league at a canter but it’s not always as easy as that, as we found out during our second season at that level.

I’d fancy Queens to beat Montrose but think it’ll be a tight final against Forfar or Rovers. I’d predict Queens will stay up but they’re going to have 4 tough games coming up.

Ourselves and Thistle should be quite embarrassed by our campaigns. Both clubs should have been looking for Top 4 minimum and in the end we were a handful of points from total disaster.

Alloa - great effort. I thought they were bottom 2 certainties for most of the season but Goodwin has done a wonderful job. Crazy that part-time sides have these quality managers and we appoint the nearest former player we can find.

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Alloa - great effort. I thought they were bottom 2 certainties for most of the season but Goodwin has done a wonderful job. Crazy that part-time sides have these quality managers and we appoint the nearest former player we can find.

To be fair Goodwin WAS a n Alloa player at the time of his appointment  and very near too ;)

goldenbucket.jpgBest topicof the season and fully deserved  such a magnificent trophy. 

If Fawkirk cannot fit it in their trophy room can I get a loan of it for my holidays. See you all next season, ops except Fawkirk boys who will will the most posts for league 1 topics and should be banned from here.

10 hours ago, mcqbez said:

The Wasps are having a party...The Wasps are having a party...The Wasps are having a party...The Falkirk’s going down...emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Next season will be the first time since 1978 that Alloa have been in a higher league than Falkirk - the only time its happened since the move to 3 leagues in the mid 70s (and 4 in the 90s).

It'll be Falkirks 4th season at the Seaside since the three way split, if Queens go down it'll be their 21st so clearly they are the people to ask Bairns fans for directions.

As it stands, pre playoffs - the Bairns haven't played East Fife (96/97), Forfar (90/91),  Montrose (85/86) , Stenny (79/80)  or Stranraer (98/99) on league business in over 20 years.

Raith (3 years), Dumbarton (1 year) and Airdrie (7 years) are all more recent.

They've never played in the same league as Peterhead, Annan or Edinburgh City and with Clyde its 2004/05 since they were last together.

So basically if you really are a Bairn bairn then next season is a league trip into the unknown.

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Peterhead, Annan and Stranraer can all be incredible away days tbf.

If Rovers fail to get promoted then I vote we just take part in League 1 next season too for a laugh.

Be patient. On current form we should have our League One status secured before Christmas.

12 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I don't have my spreadsheet to hand but I think Falkirk might be 100% down? As in down 1000 times out of 1000? Someone else can do the maths if they want.

Let's not tempt fate. An "administration event" in the Championship closed season is their only hope.

Let's call it 999 times out of a 1000. It's the hope that kills you....