Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Just a shame that Falkirk, Partick and Queen of the South can't all be relegated for their failures of a season tbh.

Ah, the old scattergun approach. Which two weeks ago, of course, would have had to include Morton.......

Still,  it’s an efficient way to try to annoy as many folk as possible with minimal effort.

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

Just a shame that Falkirk, Partick and Queen of the South can't all be relegated for their failures of a season tbh.

Is just a shame a step up or down  from a terrible wee shame? 

Last day, sun is shining and the relegation Royal Rumble will be decided in a few short hours.

#fantasyscenario

Falkirk storm into a five nil lead over County. Shankland scores for Ayr  and Partick slam in five against Queens.

Optimism grows at TFS as the game wears on, as 8th spot is a real possibility. "We are staying up" is the cry from the stands. Thousands of Bairns supporters pass out with excitement. Ray McKinnon is hailed as the messiah.

Steven Dobbie cracks one in in the 93rd minute and then 30 seconds later Trouten gets his customary goal against us

Tears and snotters everywhere and Ray McKinnon locks himself in the bogs with the Falkirk board as the suffering fans try and storm the main stand

Realistically though County will beat Falkirk, Ayr will beat Alloa and Partick will beat Queens

9 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Last day, sun is shining and the relegation Royal Rumble will be decided in a few short hours.

#fantasyscenario

Falkirk storm into a five nil lead over County. Shankland scores for Ayr  and Partick slam in five against Queens.

Optimism grows at TFS as the game wears on, as 8th spot is a real possibility. "We are staying up" is the cry from the stands. Thousands of Bairns supporters pass out with excitement. Ray McKinnon is hailed as the messiah.

Steven Dobbie cracks one in in the 93rd minute and then 30 seconds later Trouten gets his customary goal against us

Tears and snotters everywhere and Ray McKinnon locks himself in the bogs with the Falkirk board as the suffering fans try and storm the main stand

Realistically though County will beat Falkirk, Ayr will beat Alloa and Partick will beat Queens

I do hope you're correct on Ayr beating Alloa, but I doubt it!

A wee reminder of the state of play regarding the bottom two today. Quick note; I’ve not included scenarios involving large goal difference changes but I apologise in advance if Queens somehow finish 10th.

Here we go:

Falkirk will be relegated IF they fail to win OR they win AND Alloa avoid defeat

Falkirk will finish 9th IF they win AND Alloa lose

Alloa will be relegated IF they lose AND Falkirk win

Alloa will finish 9th IF they lose AND Falkirk fail to win OR they draw AND Queens avoid defeat

Alloa will be safe IF they win OR they draw AND Queens lose

Queens will finish 9th IF they lose AND Alloa avoid defeat OR they draw AND Alloa win

Queens will be safe IF they win OR they draw AND Alloa fail to win OR they lose AND Alloa lose

Thistle will finish 9th IF they lose AND Alloa win

Thistle will be safe IF they avoid defeat OR they lose AND Alloa fail to win

41 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Ah, the old scattergun approach. Which two weeks ago, of course, would have had to include Morton......

If you were a moron, sure. Needless to say that you fell effortlessly into that category.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

If you were a moron, sure. Needless to say that you fell effortlessly into that category.

Ahh, some feeble personal abuse. Water, duck's back and all of that. 

How come you don't answer the awkward questions, vt? Don't like to look even more of a dork, eh? 

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

30 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Morton have had a successful season - they’ve avoided relegation, which is the limit of their board's ambition or potential.

FTFY.

Anyway, it's a more successful season than at least QoS and Falkirk.
Possibly also better than Dunfermline and Partick depending on results today.

44 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Morton have had a successful season - they’ve avoided relegation, which is the limit of their ambition or potential.

Well-named, aintcha? 

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

As an aside, if Alloa end up relegated then I don’t want anyone saying they were “unlucky” or similar. A win in any of their final three matches would have seen them safe so they thoroughly deserve relegation should it occur.

After 35 league games you are 3 points better off than us.You are potentially the biggest club in this league yet you sit top of the bottom five.I would think you have bigger problems than worrying about anyone calling us unlucky.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A wee reminder of the state of play regarding the bottom two today. Quick note; I’ve not included scenarios involving large goal difference changes but I apologise in advance if Queens somehow finish 10th.

Here we go:

Falkirk will be relegated IF they fail to win OR they win AND Alloa avoid defeat

Falkirk will finish 9th IF they win AND Alloa lose

Alloa will be relegated IF they lose AND Falkirk win

Alloa will finish 9th IF they lose AND Falkirk fail to win OR they draw AND Queens avoid defeat

Alloa will be safe IF they win OR they draw AND Queens lose

Queens will finish 9th IF they lose AND Alloa avoid defeat OR they draw AND Alloa win

Queens will be safe IF they win OR they draw AND Alloa fail to win OR they lose AND Alloa lose

Thistle will finish 9th IF they lose AND Alloa win

Thistle will be safe IF they avoid defeat OR they lose AND Alloa fail to win

giphy.gif

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely
link wasnt working. think my brain is fried from all these permutations