Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the best we're likely to do is the play-offs, and that's reliant on Falkirk failing to win a remaining game.

All the troubled sides were looking for Partick Thistle to lose the other night, but no.

Instead, we've produced the result that boosts all our peers.

It might look better for us this time tomorrow, but I doubt it.  A couple of sides are likely to get safe, leaving our thoroughly demoralised and rudderless outfit on the brink.

This crazy ending at the foot of the table has at least provided a sense of safety in numbers up to now.  That's likely to diminish tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Dobbie to play in a wheelchair and relegate partick.

Dobbie will play not in a wheelchair tho and it will depend on how Partick get on v Ayr tomorrow a win and they are safe no matter what.. 

51 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

So have Queen's by the look of it.

A bit unfair seemed to be in it and created a few chances.

Main problem can't defend crosses and corners. Did you see the Alloa goal QOS supports must have insomnia by now.

The QOS result has eased my mind a little. Think Morton and ourselves will shan a 0-0 snooze fest to pretty much confirm our safety from the play-offs. No chance are Falkirk picking up a single point in these last two games. Goodbye.

A bit unfair seemed to be in it and created a few chances.
Main problem can't defend crosses and corners. Did you see the Alloa goal QOS supports must have insomnia by now.
29 of our 45 goals conceded have come via crosses. I keep posting it so it can annoy everyone as much as me. Absolutely fucking embarrassing to be so bad at crosses at this level.

5 hours ago, DAFC. said:

The QOS result has eased my mind a little. Think Morton and ourselves will shan a 0-0 snooze fest to pretty much confirm our safety from the play-offs. No chance are Falkirk picking up a single point in these last two games. Goodbye.

A draw would guarantee your safety. It should confirm Morton's safety, and I agree with you re-Falkirk not getting another point,  It also takes into account Partick beating us (again will probably happen), but in this crazy league, anything could happen. Morton will have to go for it. They know a win will guarantee them Championship football next season and is the only scenario that is in their hands at kick off.

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Scenes we all want to see. 

IMG_20190427_064146.jpg

In that scenario, it's a tough call whether you would want to see Dunfermline or Morton in the brown stuff, but as Dunfermline, is by some considerable way, the better away day then I think I'd rather see Dunfermline beat Morton today

Edit:  that would also mean only three teams could go down. Morton on forty points and alloa on 38 or 39 points would mean five could finish in 10th

Today's wish list :

Dunfermline 1-0 Morton

Thistle 0- 1 Ayr 

Alloa 1- 1 Inverness

Dundee United 0- 1 Falkirk

This board would explode next week if that scenario unfolded

Edited by I'm Brian

I've just realised we could potentially relegate Falkirk tomorrow, then send Morton into the playoff next week.
FirstEquatorialCatfish-small.gif&key=36b8e93c09bce9546415372ce6ef321622c04ae149f7d4f78497587f2f567f33

Congratulations to Falkirk and Morton on retaining Championship status.

Mathimatically Falkirk can't go down today with QOS losing last night.

We have lost only once a away from home since Christmas 2-1 in Dingwall. I think it will be twice but if we somehow manage to win next Saturday will be box office stuff especially if the other results go like this

ICT win
Partick lose
Scum win

Two points covering the bottom 5.

24 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Mathimatically Falkirk can't go down today with QOS losing last night.

If we get beat and Alloa get a point it’s done realistically though is it not? I’ll be treating us as gone at FT if that happens anyway.

E1ECD22D-04F4-4F93-B540-76AC443AEEA6.jpeg

Edited by Hughsie