Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Harold Ritchie said:

Listening to Neilson tonight on the tranny, he’s putting his top team out on Sat, that’s an imminent pumping for the Grangers. QoftS to get pumped Fri night. We get a draw at EEP, the whole ground applauds & laughs at Fawkirks demise. Alloa will remain unbeaten to the end. QoftS in the POs, McK back to his restaurant & taxi. Then we can get shot of Johansson & his Twittering wife. Simple.

Magic. Fully expect a DU victory then!

Meaning as long as Alloa pick up a point on Sat, Falkirk are down!

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Fucking just relegate everyone apart from Ross County. We all deserve to go down.

I can get behind this. 

The standard in this league would get football banned altogether. 

Fucking just relegate everyone apart from Ross County. We all deserve to go down.
This is a fair reflection of the season. Everyone has had hilariously bad runs that in most other seasons would see them relegated. Dundee Utd maybe havent had the run but they have been on the end of some abysmal results. Banter season.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Only if Falkirk get 'super-relegated' to the Lowland League as well. All those local derbies with East Stirling. 

32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg.0bc7238e6f2ae736f54bbb6b9c7c8f7e.jpg

Only if Falkirk get 'super-relegated' to the Lowland League as well. All those local derbies with East Stirling. 
32c13d6f-77a6-4814-b277-053161a6e274.jpg.0bc7238e6f2ae736f54bbb6b9c7c8f7e.jpg

There should be a threshold or minimum requirement to not get “super relegated” tae f**k. Brechin would’ve been blasted from the pyramid after last season in that case.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

There should be a threshold or minimum requirement to not get “super relegated” tae f**k. Brechin would’ve been blasted from the pyramid after last season in that case.

Relative to expectations, support, facilities, budget, full-time status etc, I'd argue we've had a worse season than Brechin did last year. We've had the most embarrassing season of any side at this level since Garry O'Connor was waddling around next to Nacho Novo for Morton.

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Pretty much, although Raith's Yogi-fuelled collapse to inevitable relegation was enthralling as well as hilarious.

Not sure what was worse from that season: that we fielded Ryan Stevenson in goals for a full 90 minutes or that Ayr still could only beat us by the one goal and still finished bottom of the league. At least they recovered from it...

14 hours ago, IainMorton said:

;) 

15 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

This weekend:

Queens to beat County

Alloa to beat ICT

Falkirk to beat Utd

Partick v Ayr draw

Morton v Dunfermline draw

Would give:

Dunfermline 42

QOS 41

Partick Thistle 41

Morton 41

Alloa 41

Falkirk 38

with one to play.  Make it happen lads :thumsup2

Dunfermline would be safe, Thistle play QoS the final day and the loser would finish before Dunfermline. Our goal difference would mean a draw would see us finish below Queens and Pars.

It's irrelevant anyway if we beat Ayr again on Saturday.

Relative to expectations, support, facilities, budget, full-time status etc, I'd argue we've had a worse season than Brechin did last year. We've had the most embarrassing season of any side at this level since Garry O'Connor was waddling around next to Nacho Novo for Morton.
Id agree with this. I dont think Brechin humilated themselves they were just out of their depth having came up but not been able to strengthen adequately.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but what a series of absolute blunders have taken us here.

I can hold my hands up and say as a fan I was blinded by some of it until it was too late. However, the people in charge failing to hold their hands up means we deserve to be laughed at.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Id agree with this. I dont think Brechin humilated themselves they were just out of their depth having came up but not been able to strengthen adequately.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but what a series of absolute blunders have taken us here.

I can hold my hands up and say as a fan I was blinded by some of it until it was too late. However, the people in charge failing to hold their hands up means we deserve to be laughed at.

Nah, can't agree. Zero wins, 4 points and a goal difference of -70 is a definite humiliation that is unmatched in the history of this league and probably Scottish football in general. 

Nah, can't agree. Zero wins, 4 points and a goal difference of -70 is a definite humiliation that is unmatched in the history of this league and probably Scottish football in general. 
They were out their depth. We were sounding off about winning the league.