Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, DAFC. said:

You do realise what football club you're on about here? The same one that was winning 3-1 against Partick back in 2013, ended up drawing 3-3, conceding 2 injury time goals, to then only need to beat an already relegated Airdrie side, lose 2-1, resulting in us being banged in to the relegation play-offs and then lose heavily to a part-time Alloa Athletic. Doon. We have history of this kind of shit and I'll not be content until it's mathematically impossible for it to happen. 

I think a point is enough for us, but our record in Inverness is fucking abysmal, to say the least, so probably best chance is against your lot, but I really can't see it. The players have chucked it and are thinking ahead to their holidays and stoating about places like Santa Ponsa with their Gucci man bags trying to get fired into 16 year old lassies. Would honestly KO every single one of the useless fuckers. 

Poetry.

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

A lot depends on the Jags score tonight. If they get beat then there is only 2 points in it going in the last 2 games. Would Falkirk try and shitfest 2 draws and hope the Jags pick up nothing?

I know McKinnon is a negative manager but not a chance he'll be trying to draw either of their remaining games. I think Thistle losing their three remaining games is even less likely than us ending up 9th.

This midweek's edition of "no fun with stats" 

Usual caveats: it's an emotionless model which doesn't see, for example, Falkirk playing 2 teams with nothing really to play for, it just sees the 2nd lowest rated team in the league (fraction ahead of Alloa) playing the 2nd highest away and highest at home so isn't very big on Falkirk getting much from those games. 

Also goal difference swings of more than 1 per game are impossible for this when running simulations, I can obviously manually override these for specific results for "what-if" analysis as below, but that's why the winners and top 4 are showing as 100%. 

Of course by this stage you can of course work out most of the scenarios in your head, I'm still looking at the table thinking we could get to 43 points but QoS, Alloa, Dunfermline and Morton could all get to 44 or more. Didn't happen once in 1000 goes though. 

Few scenario based things: 

Thistle fall to roughly 58% safe with a loss tonight but roughly 93% with a win. Draw maintains the status quo. 

For the Pars fans looking out the Samaritans number, I manually put that you lost your last 2 games 6-0 to knacker your GD advantage over the other teams and simmed every other game. Still came out as safe 90.8%, playoff 8.6% and down 0.6%. Goal difference should see you OK unless the above happens, but it's a miniscule possibility

At the other end of the scale 2 wins for Falkirk puts them safe 93%, playoff 6.6% and down 0.4% so where there's life there's hope... 

23 April.PNG

23 April pt 2.PNG

6 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That 1 simulation out of the 1000 that has Morton finishing 10th would probably break the forum if it actually happened. 

I agree.  Can all the other teams arrange for that, please?

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Anyone notice that the team at the top is funded by a billionaire? 

Careful.  You;'re not allowed to point that out.  They definitely don't have top 6 Premiership players (Draper, McKay, Vigurs, Cowie, Fontaine. Fox) on top 6 Premiership wages.

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I agree.  Can all the other teams arrange for that, please?

In that run through, working out the results for that to happen based on final table, the table going into the last day would be :

QoS 41

Thistle 41

Alloa 41

Morton 40 

Falkirk 38

Brown trousers all round that day. 

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Reminds me of when we were relegated at Killie, they invaded the pitch and headed straight to our stand where most of the Falkirk fans just laughed at them. My abiding memory is of the ugliest woman in Scotland running over, toothlessly grinning and giving us a GIRUY. She was fucking hideous and could probably infect people with an STD at 50 paces. 

Aye she definitely didn’t get under your skin with that GIRUY.

Roy “Uncle Roy” MacGregor is actually a millionaire rather than a billionaire. Which makes Ross County’s success all the more impressive, IMO (in my opinion).

Billionaire success on a millionaire budget. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Careful.  You;'re not allowed to point that out.  They definitely don't have top 6 Premiership players (Draper, McKay, Vigurs, Cowie, Fontaine. Fox) on top 6 Premiership wages.

Point it out all you want. You'll find no apologetic County fans because the owner invests in his club. Any club in the league would love the same to be true for them.

2 minutes ago, Defender said:

Point it out all you want. You'll find no apologetic County fans because the owner invests in his club. Any club in the league would love the same to be true for them.

Invests is an interesting way to describe it. Very much doubt there is any profit from the amount of signings County have made over the years.

Every fan would love their club to do better. But I've always said I'd hate a sugar daddy to take over Queens for two reasons:-

1) Folk would assume I was a gloryhunter.

2) The place would become swarmed with gloryhunters.

Having absolutely skooshed the division below a few years back I have to admit I was bored with winning by the end because it was a formality before a ball was kicked. I like supporting a "wee team" with fans who are there for the love of the club and not due to their success. I'd love the security.

FWIW that isn't a dig at County or their support.

Would be extremely wary of any financial backing for the Pars given the utter charlatan “supporters” that nearly killed our club with their illusionary financial backing in the naughties.