Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I watched Falkirk draw with County, in a game they should have won, earlier this season. If they could do that with an even worse squad when County were desperate for a result, they can certainly do it when County are gagging for the beach.

United away is a tougher game IMO. They’re not great but they still average 2 points a game at home. If they win that then I’d expect them to reach 39 points at least.
County definitely the most likely to serve up a shocker. They let Morton beat them twice after all.

14 hours ago, Thumper said:

As tired as Ayr are, they've cleaned the Jags' clocks three times out of three this season, and are currently third in the league instead of ninth.

It'll be Falkirk and Partick going down. A dismal draw with an equally abject QOS will see them both finish where they are, though if that's in threat I would expect McCall to do the honourable thing and throw the last game to Alloa.

McCall loves us, heard he was in the Lambie stand during the Alloa game having a laugh with our fans. Some boy. If it comes to it, sure he'll help us out. 

Edited by thistledo

17 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

A real example of downing tools is when Thistle made the top 6. I think we maybe got a point in the last 5 games losing 5-0 and 6-0 respectively to Celtic and Aberdeen in the last 2 games.
We haven’t really picked the tools up again since then.

You unveiled a new strip on the final day of season 2007-08 then let Brian Wake tear into you as we helped ourselves to a 3-0 win which, coincidentally, relegated Clyde. :rolleyes:

We actually had another final day relegation rumble two years later. Bottom three were Morton (34), Airdrie Utd (33) and Ayr United (31), with Airdrie having the best goal difference and us four better off than Ayr. Last day was Morton v Ayr and Airdrie v Dunfermline. Ayr scored early on, putting everyone on 34 points. Another couple of Ayr goals would have put us bottom.  Dunfermline scored at Airdrie and during the second half we scored twice meaning the positions ended as they started. Cowdenbeath won the play-offs.

18 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

You unveiled a new strip on the final day of season 2007-08 then let Brian Wake tear into you as we helped ourselves to a 3-0 win which, coincidentally, relegated Clyde. :rolleyes:

We actually had another final day relegation rumble two years later. Bottom three were Morton (34), Airdrie Utd (33) and Ayr United (31), with Airdrie having the best goal difference and us four better off than Ayr. Last day was Morton v Ayr and Airdrie v Dunfermline. Ayr scored early on, putting everyone on 34 points. Another couple of Ayr goals would have put us bottom.  Dunfermline scored at Airdrie and during the second half we scored twice meaning the positions ended as they started. Cowdenbeath won the play-offs.

It didn’t relegate Clyde in 2008. It sent them into the play offs and they survived by virtue of a ridiculous comeback in the second half of the second leg of the final against Alloa.

Just now, Toby said:

It didn’t relegate Clyde in 2008. It sent them into the play offs and they survived by virtue of a ridiculous comeback in the second half of the second leg of the final against Alloa.

Correct - I had forgotten that it was Stirling who were already bottom. That Clyde-Alloa play-off was outrageous!

33 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Was that the same day a raging Ayr fan made it onto the pitch and got lifted in front of the cowshed? 

Edited by stu_mfc
Damn autocorrect.

15 minutes ago, stu_mfc said:

Was that the same day a raging Ayr fan made it onto the pitch and got lifted in front of the cowshed? 

A Morton fan ran on to goad the Ayr fans in the WDE. He walked back over celebrating, not realising an Ayr fan had jumped the wall and was running at him. There followed a farcical moment with half the Cowshed shouting "he's behind you" and a really crap (short lived) arms-length fight.

2 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

A Morton fan ran on to goad the Ayr fans in the WDE. He walked back over celebrating, not realising an Ayr fan had jumped the wall and was running at him. There followed a farcical moment with half the Cowshed shouting "he's behind you" and a really crap (short lived) arms-length fight.

Wasn't exactly like that, shellsuit Bob decides to goad the Ayr fans, Billy Elliot decides to enter the field and exchange handbags, after that another Ayr fan decides he's bored and heads on to confront wee Boab, ends up having a wee scuffle with shellsuit and a highviz.

3 hours ago, thistledo said:

McCall loves us, heard he was in the Lambie stand during the Alloa game having a laugh with our fans. Some boy. If it comes to it, sure he'll help us out. 

I doubt it as he was in the directors box. He also allegedly bet against thistle when manager admittedly at a rough time in his life.

His loyalties are to Ayr so we'll have to win fair and square.

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I doubt it as he was in the directors box. He also allegedly bet against thistle when manager admittedly at a rough time in his life.

His loyalties are to Ayr so we'll have to win fair and square.

Was at the wind up. I was that mwi on Saturday i'm not sure I could confirm or deny I was in the JLS. 

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

I remember that, in typical shitehousery the Dunfermline fans celebrated when Ayr? Scored which put Airdrie in a precorius position. 

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I remember that, in typical shitehousery the Dunfermline fans celebrated when Ayr? Scored which put Airdrie in a precorius position. 

Yep, Ayr scored the first goal of those two games, putting themselves 8th and Airdrie 10th. For a while. 

Were there any Airdrie celebrations when we went 2-1 up?

2 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Yep, Ayr scored the first goal of those two games, putting themselves 8th and Airdrie 10th. For a while. 

Were there any Airdrie celebrations when we went 2-1 up?

I can vaguely remember them celebrating, that and Joe Cardle trying not to score and an Airdrie fan coming into the stadium bar before the game and offering everyone out. 

<Shat it

4 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

COME ON JUNIOR

MAKE YOURSELF A HERO JUNIOR

YES JUNIOR

FUCKING DO IT JUNIOR

YOU USELESS FUCKING b*****d!!!!

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

If we get any points from the last two I will be surprised

Ditto.

I'm fucking bricking it. Falkirk are gone, but finishing 9th is a real possibility for us, which is absolutely pathetic. It would be just typical of us to actually do that, get Raith in the play-offs, and bottle it at Starks Park (again).

As POTM touched on earlier in the thread, a total clear-out, management included, is needed in the summer, should results go our way and we manage to finish 8th or higher. Crawford has done worse than AJ, regardless of that 5 match winning streak. We were utterly humiliated away to a diabolical Raith side in the Scottish Cup, routinely outplayed and beat by quite possibly the worst Falkirk side of all time, and the football that's been on display has been some of the worst I've witnessed in my lifetime supporting the Pars. There doesn't seem to be any cohesion between the players and the job they've to do. Just seems that the only plan us to lump long balls up to Anderson and hope for the best, while also hoping the three worst centre-backs of all time don't gift the opposition chances to score. 

A total farce and I'll be fucking raging if Crawford is kept on for next season. With the exception of Joe Thomson, everyone of those players can get themselves so far to fcuk away from EEP that we hopefully never hear from them again. 

PISH!

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Ditto.

I'm fucking bricking it. Falkirk are gone, but finishing 9th is a real possibility for us, which is absolutely pathetic. It would be just typical of us to actually do that, get Raith in the play-offs, and bottle it at Starks Park (again).

As POTM touched on earlier in the thread, a total clear-out, management included, is needed in the summer, should results go our way and we manage to finish 8th or higher. Crawford has done worse than AJ, regardless of that 5 match winning streak. We were utterly humiliated away to a diabolical Raith side in the Scottish Cup, routinely outplayed and beat by quite possibly the worst Falkirk side of all time, and the football that's been on display has been some of the worst I've witnessed in my lifetime supporting the Pars. There doesn't seem to be any cohesion between the players and the job they've to do. Just seems that the only plan us to lump long balls up to Anderson and hope for the best, while also hoping the three worst centre-backs of all time don't gift the opposition chances to score. 

A total farce and I'll be fucking raging if Crawford is kept on for next season. With the exception of Joe Thomson, everyone of those players can get themselves so far to fcuk away from EEP that we hopefully never hear from them again. 

PISH!

You are safe. Even if we beat you next week and you need  a win/point on the last day, you're playing a side who will be in the playoffs only a few days later and will have the reserves out. No manager will risk injuries/suspensions etc.

An Alloa/Dunfermline double is free money on the last day.

Can see DU also resting players  so add Morton and make it a treble!

Actually if Falkirk still have something to play for against a team thinking of their holidays,  there's your retirement fund 4 fold.