Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Flash
5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Depending on results we could in theory already be safe in 8th place.

Equally we could pick up 4 points from 2 games and still finish 9th.

Good old Championship. Low on quality high on worry.

We should be used to that kind of thing.

Depending on results we could in theory already be safe in 8th place. This would need no more points for Alloa and less than 3 for Falkirk. (In reality Falkirk almost certainly need 4 points to overhaul us if we get no more points given the relative goal differences))
We're good to Alloa for at least a point, we owe them that much, and I really can't see us taking six from the Partick double header

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
18 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
Depending on results we could in theory already be safe in 8th place. This would need no more points for Alloa and less than 3 for Falkirk. (In reality Falkirk almost certainly need 4 points to overhaul us if we get no more points given the relative goal differences))

We're good to Alloa for at least a point, we owe them that much, and I really can't see us taking six from the Partick double header

If we remain on 38 points then Thistle by definition will have taken 3 points from us and would be ahead of us no matter how they do against you.

Don`t get me wrong if we remain on 38 points we're in deep shit but in theory it could still be enough for 8th place dependant on results for Alloa and Falkirk.  It won't be though in all probability.

4 hours ago, 9queens said:

Compared to that this season is a picnic!

My confusion over details doesn't detract from my main point which was that champions don't neccessarily down tools

Aye you'd definitely downed tools, our squad was absolutely shocking and if Partick were playing at full tilt they would've won easily. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Aye you'd definitely downed tools, our squad was absolutely shocking and if Partick were playing at full tilt they would've won easily. 

Well ok fair enough......

Here is another example: after we clinched the inaugural first division in 76 we pumped the Pars 3-0 away and Montrose 4-1 in our last  2 "meaningless" games.

(Mind you we had Joe Craig and Dougie Somner up front and Jackie Campbell and Andy Anderson at the back in that team.)

13 minutes ago, 9queens said:

Well ok fair enough......

Here is another example: after we clinched the inaugural first division in 76 we pumped the Pars 3-0 away and Montrose 4-1 in our last  2 "meaningless" games.

(Mind you we had Joe Craig and Dougie Somner up front and Jackie Campbell and Andy Anderson at the back in that team.)

I'm sure we actually won the title at Dunfermline. 

58 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Ok I give up!

Tell me this though did Bertie Auld come on as a sub near the end of the Montrose game? That is my recollection though wasn't at the game for some reason. 

2 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Aye? I've wondered before whether a team has actually won the title against us, had never heard of an instance. At EEP or Firhill? 

3 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

On the subject of that 3-3 game against Thistle, am I right in thinking the thistle fans ran in the pitch to celebrate at the end of the game..Not with their players but the main stand toward our fans. Then one fan while giving us abuse dropped his baby on the park?

Fans ran alongside the Main Stand. A few idiots probably ran towards it to goad the away fans as well, but most were just doing it for the novelty of being on the pitch I think.

I remember seeing the video of the jakey looking guy with his young child. Pretty sure he didn’t drop it though.

As tired as Ayr are, they've cleaned the Jags' clocks three times out of three this season, and are currently third in the league instead of ninth.

It'll be Falkirk and Partick going down. A dismal draw with an equally abject QOS will see them both finish where they are, though if that's in threat I would expect McCall to do the honourable thing and throw the last game to Alloa.

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

As tired as Ayr are, they've cleaned the Jags' clocks three times out of three this season, and are currently third in the league instead of ninth.

It'll be Falkirk and Partick going down. A dismal draw with an equally abject QOS will see them both finish where they are, though if that's in threat I would expect McCall to do the honourable thing and throw the last game to Alloa.

Yes Ayr have beat us 3 times but that means very little now. I would put a very large sum on Ayr not winning both games.

Whether we can gather 4 points is another matter.

A win on Tuesday means Falkirk would be very hard pressed to catch us: what more motivation do the team need

Fans ran alongside the Main Stand. A few idiots probably ran towards it to goad the away fans as well, but most were just doing it for the novelty of being on the pitch I think.
I remember seeing the video of the jakey looking guy with his young child. Pretty sure he didn’t drop it though.

Some idiot row in front of me that day chucked a coin at the fans who invaded the pitch. Remains the one and only time I’ve actually seen it happen with my own eyes at a game.

He threw a game for Airdrie when in charge of us, so it's definitely possible.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
24 minutes ago, Thumper said:

He threw a game for Airdrie when in charge of us, so it's definitely possible.

It really is quite odd that the one team he's not willing to extend that sentiment to is Partick.

3 hours ago, 9queens said:

Ok I give up!

Tell me this though did Bertie Auld come on as a sub near the end of the Montrose game? That is my recollection though wasn't at the game for some reason. 

No he didn't. He courted his usual publicity ( wee Bertie was a master at publicity for the Jags) about coming on to play, but he didn't.