Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Said this a couple of times but we have never been out of the scrap. It's going to the last day. 

Good effort from Alloa today and might well have had a precious point. Bring on Inverness. 

Yes I think most Alloa fans realised they were by no means safe. As you suggest it seems certain things will go to the last day.

Our next game is on Friday night at Ross County. They haven't beaten us yet this season and I'd absolutely take a point right now.

26 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Behave yourself

We'd have to win a game beforehand.

I was about to say that they could draw both legs and go through on pens. However, that would involve the Pars scoring at least one penalty, which is obviously a ridiculously big ask. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Reckon going into the last game the bottom half will look like this:-

Partick - 41
Morton - 41
Alloa - 39
QoS - 38
Falkirk - 35

Can't see us not getting beat at County given it'll be their party. Partick getting 4 against Ayr looks likely given how poor/tired Ayr have looked and will surely want to rest players.

I think we'll be needing a win against Thistle on the last day which I'm pretty happy about given it means we still have it in our hands!

There's a real possibility 4 sides could end the season on 41pts and it'll come down to GD.

How do Alloa get 2 points from their final game?

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:
How do Alloa get 2 points from their final game?

It was a seperate paragraph. If Alloa lose one and win one they'll have 41.

Fair enough. Thought you were putting us all on 41 from your table.

13 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

The fact that this Morton team can still finish 5th is amazing. Anyone that finishes below us deserve to be relegated even if they finish outside the bottom two.

In saying that I just found out there is a very exact set of results that produces quite the outcome. 

IMG_20190420_212703.jpg

Falkirk are toast.  Footballing miracles happen but there is no chance that team are getting anything from the top two
f**k knows who'll finish in the play offs.

I watched Falkirk draw with County, in a game they should have won, earlier this season. If they could do that with an even worse squad when County were desperate for a result, they can certainly do it when County are gagging for the beach.

United away is a tougher game IMO. They’re not great but they still average 2 points a game at home. If they win that then I’d expect them to reach 39 points at least.

DU need to start thinking of resting players, avoiding suspensions and injuries etc, even after today's horror show, I can still see Falkirk getting a result next week.

Likewise I think we can beat them on the last day if we have something to play for.

Wouldn't be surprised if DU lost their last two.

Teams playing Ayr and Inverness are slightly different as they will want the 3rd place finish for home advantage

This will go down to the last few minutes on the last day I reckon, just hope we win next week so we can sit back and laugh at Falkirk all over again!

Is it just me who doesn’t buy this United and County have nothing to play for theme?

Undoubtedly Dundee Utd will rest players but they have a large squad of players who will all be trying to get a starting spot for the playoffs.

Ross County players as well will be on a massive high being champions etc and again a lot of the squad they have will be desperately trying to show they are worthy of being in the premiership as they will probably have a big turnover of players in the summer.

Is it just me who doesn’t buy this United and County have nothing to play for theme?

Undoubtedly Dundee Utd will rest players but they have a large squad of players who will all be trying to get a starting spot for the playoffs.

Ross County players as well will be on a massive high being champions etc and again a lot of the squad they have will be desperately trying to show they are worthy of being in the premiership as they will probably have a big turnover of players in the summer.

Again as discussed before, how much does that really translate into competitive edge though, realistically. We see it every sesson teams phoning it in once the competition element is gone.

We beat St Mirren twice last season after the totle was wrapped up.

I dont think it will help us this season but only because we are too gutless to take advantage.

8 hours ago, PB1994 said:

County players will be desperately thinking of getting their hole in Magaluf....

Falkirk still have a chance of 6 points, albeit they will need to play a lot better than they did yesterday.