Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another 3 draws should do it.

We will not win again this season I fear. Had it in our hands Tuesday but retreated again to last 30 yards isolating the two forwards. ICT smelt blood or the lack of management balls.

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

So if Partick, Queens and us win on Saturday, Morton go bottom?

This is a true fact.

This is also very unlikely in a league with such a high percentage of draws and have those 3 teams won on the same Saturday before this season?

A more likely scenario is a Ton win all but relegates  Fawkirk 

Sleep tight and enjoy those dreams

This is a true fact.

This is also very unlikely in a league with such a high percentage of draws and have those 3 teams won on the same Saturday before this season?

A more likely scenario is a Ton win all but relegates  Fawkirk 

Sleep tight and enjoy those dreams

Most likely outcome of Saturday is Morton fans spontaneous combustion at JJ being useless and Ray breathing the same air them. Difference of course Ray breaths via his nose.

No Tidser and Buchannan isn't going to want to help relegate his new club either. Home win

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Most likely outcome of Saturday is Morton fans spontaneous combustion at JJ being useless and Ray breathing the same air them. Difference of course Ray breaths via his nose.

No Tidser and Buchannan isn't going to want to help relegate his new club either. Home win

Both only on pre Contracts if Falkirk do go down would think they'll pull out of the move... 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Buchanan the centre back?

Surely not, this guy has a different club every season.

Bombscare!

I'm fairly horny for this to go down to the final day.  Wish there was a game being shown live with the 'league table as it stands' graphic.  Will just have to rely on Livescore on my phone for the live table.

Predicted Final League Table

Also available
Normal table Home performance Away performance Goals scored Goals conceded Points per match Predicted final table
  Home Away Total
  P W D L P W D L P W D L F A +/- Pts
C Ross County 18 13 4 1 18 7 6 5 36 20 10 6 58 32 +26 70
2 Dundee United 18 11 3 4 18 7 7 4 36 18 10 8 49 42 +7 64
3 Ayr United 18 9 5 4 18 7 5 6 36 16 10 10 52 35 +17 58
4 Inverness Caledonian Thistle 18 4 10 4 18 9 6 3 36 13 16 7 48 39 +9 55
5 Dunfermline Athletic 18 6 3 9 18 6 7 5 36 12 10 14 35 38 -3 46
6 Queen of the South 18 5 8 5 18 4 4 10 36 9 12 15 42 43 -1 39
7 Falkirk 18 3 8 7 18 6 4 8 36 9 12 15 37 46 -9 39
8 Alloa Athletic 18 6 2 10 18 4 6 8 36 10 8 18 38 53 -15 38
9 Greenock Morton 18 5 8 5 18 3 6 9 36 8 14 14 33 48 -15 38
R Partick Thistle 18 7 4 7 18 3 4 11 36 10 8 18 39 55 -16 38

Huge chance for Queens on Sat with 4 of the bottom 5 playing each other.  The other 4 need Dunfermline to pick up at least a point but now they have feck all to play for , I can see Queens winning that one.

A draw or win is possible for us,  but my head says we will be bottom on Sat night and JJ will be 1 win in 14 yet still in a fecking job!

The fact that Morton have over the last few weeks, with home games against Thistle, Alloa and an ICT side off the back of a semi-final defeat and hit by injuries, have blown three good chances to drag themselves to relative safety would give me the fear were I a Morton fan. Maybe a fixture against a Dunfermline side already thinking about the beach might be their salvation. As it might also for Queens. 

What gives me the fear as a Thistle fan are the last day's fixtures. With all other issues settled you could see Alloa, Falkirk and Morton all winning their games even though they are coming up against the top three sides in the division. I really don't fancy a genuine 'must win' at Palmerston on the last day while anxiously checking the scores from three other games. 

We really need a minimum of 4 points from Saturday's game with Alloa and our game in hand at Ayr next Tuesday. Possibly even a minimum of 7 points from our next three, Surely 41 points would be enough? 

I change daily who I think will go down. Right now I'm picking whoever loses between Falkirk and Morton on Saturday to finish bottom with the winner hauling themselves to safety  with Queen of the South finishing 9th. If Falkirk and Morton is a draw then one finishes 10th and the other 9th. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see finish as high as 6th but I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish 10th either. 

No doubt I'll have some entirely different thoughts this time tomorrow.