Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The best sides find a way of breaking those sides down. Tbh I can only recall two times Ayr broke through us in 4 meetings. If we could defend crosses we wouldn't be in this mess. Sitting in hasn't been our problem as very few sides have cut us open. Being unable to fecking mark is what is going to send us down. Absolute amateurs.

A few months ago I was praising Gary Naysmith as it looked like you could actually make a go for the top 4 but it would be an absolute shambles for him to relegate a team with a 40 goal striker in the squad.

A few months ago I was praising Gary Naysmith as it looked like you could actually make a go for the top 4 but it would be an absolute shambles for him to relegate a team with a 40 goal striker in the squad.
Yip. Dobbie has kept us in the fight. I know some (deluded) folk in our support think we don't rely on him because we beat Dundee Utd once without him but without him we'd already be relegated. To have the best player in the division and an able 'supporting cast' and still get relegated is pretty unforgivable. I like GN as a person but if we go down I can't see him being here next season. He's set us up too negatively too often when we have players capable of attacking. To beat Ayr 5-0 and Ross County 4-0 respectively isn't a fluke. But he's shitebagged it too often.

Yip. Dobbie has kept us in the fight. I know some (deluded) folk in our support think we don't rely on him because we beat Dundee Utd once without him but without him we'd already be relegated. To have the best player in the division and an able 'supporting cast' and still get relegated is pretty unforgivable. I like GN as a person but if we go down I can't see him being here next season. He's set us up too negatively too often when we have players capable of attacking. To beat Ayr 5-0 and Ross County 4-0 respectively isn't a fluke. But he's shitebagged it too often.

You can’t help but think that had Naysmith played a more attacking brand of football Dobbie would have have more goals to his name.

You’ve got the players to do it as well. Dykes, Stirling and Todd are 3 of the better supporting players in this league. You’d leak goals at the other end by “going for it” but that’s happened anyway this season.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
40 minutes ago, D said:

Dobbie scored when you beat us? 

3 hours ago, velo army said:

Not getting my knickers in a twist. We were largely the better side against County today. 

I still reckon we'll have enough to avoid the bottom two.

Enough from what? If Alloa beat you next week then you're down.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

Imagine how awkward it would be if our game in hand was against a team with nothing to play for and were managed by a Thistle fan with questionable morals.

lol

McCall has no problem whatsoever throwing bones to his hometown club, which is why they aren't down already. On the other hand, he's had no problem putting you to the sword in three out of three this season.

That 5-match winning run has been so vital to us it's not even funny. It didn't look likely before it happened and seems even stranger now we've taken 1 point from the next five games.

I think Alloa are the only side outside the top 4 that deserve to stay in the league. Should relegate the lot of us. You could have picked the best players from ourselves and Falkirk today and still not created a decent side.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, I said:
Probably more a reflection on our inability to break down teams who sit in and play for draws.
Be interesting to see how teams such as yourselves who have been playing anti-football, cope with actually having to try and win games. That's what I like about Alloa. They actually try and win, and it looks as though that is paying dividends right now.

The best sides find a way of breaking those sides down. Tbh I can only recall two times Ayr broke through us in 4 meetings. If we could defend crosses we wouldn't be in this mess. Sitting in hasn't been our problem as very few sides have cut us open. Being unable to fecking mark is what is going to send us down. Absolute amateurs.

Goalkeeping hasn't exactly helped.

16 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Dobbie scored when you beat us? 

We got an unlikely win at Tannadice in a midweek game last season.

Dobbie didn't play, meaning it's cited by those who choose to believe we're not utterly bereft without him.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

We got an unlikely win at Tannadice in a midweek game last season.

Dobbie didn't play, meaning it's cited by those who choose to believe we're not utterly bereft without him.

Any wins against united under csaba laszlo have been wiped from existence and thus I remember no such match.

Current Table:

table 13th april.png

Remaining Fixtures:

Tues 16th Apr: Morton vs ICT

Sat 20th Apr: Falkirk vs Morton / Thistle vs Alloa / Queens vs Pars

Tue 23rd Apr: Ayr vs Thistle

Fri 26th Apr: County vs Queens

Sat 27th Apr: Alloa vs ICT / United vs Falkirk / Pars vs Morton / Thistle vs Ayr

Sat 4th May: Ayr vs Alloa / Falkirk vs County / Morton vs United / Queens vs Thistle

You feel Queens must beat us next weekend or they're in deep, deep shite.

Morton will be looking for 4 points from their next two games but I think Falkirk also must beat Morton with a couple of tricky games to finish off with.

Alloa probably just need one more win to seal it and what an achievement that would be.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

How long did you spend raking up that pile of shite? You’re not finishing 10th!

About 5 minutes, a waste of time I know, I'm sure you were finding the cure for cancer and shagging supermodel to celebrate in that time but I was watching tv and curiously took time to see how bad our position could be if the(highly unlikely) worst case set of results happened.

Incredible that there could now be 6 teams involved in relegation dog fight with the  Pars hovering just above the pack and just 3 points ahead of Alloa. Basically if you're not in the promotion play off positions then there is a chance you could be relegated.

Partick Thistle and Morton still have a game in hand on the others. If those games are won Partick move to 37 points (tricky away game against Ayr)and Morton (at home to ICT) to 39 points ( 2 points behind the Pars who they are still to play). 

Last 2 games of the season

Pars

Pars v Morton

ICT v Pars

Morton

Pars v Morton

Morton v Dun Utd

Falkirk

Dun Utd v Falkirk

Falkirk v Ross County

Queens

Ross County v Queens

Queens v Partick

Partick Thistle

Partick v Ayr

Queens v Partick

Alloa

Alloa v ICT

Ayr v Alloa

Edited by Colkitto

Had a play about with this excluding our games: https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/sco-championship/

Tuesday: Morton get a point at home to ICT

Saturday: Partick beat Alloa at home, QOS held at home by Dunfermline

Tuesday 23rd: Ayr beat Partick 2-1

Friday 26th/Saturday 27th: Partick beat Ayr at Firhill, QOS beaten in Dingwall, Morton beaten at EEP

Saturday 4th May: Alloa lose in Ayr, Partick/QOS draw, Morton get a point at home to Utd

Partick should be safe I reckon, Ayr and Alloa still to come to Firhill plus they go to Ayr where at least a point could be achievable. Alloa already looking safe to me, it's unlikely that any 3 of ourselves, Partick, Queens and Morton will cobble together enough points to overtake them. That leaves 2 from 3. This set of results would give us:

Partick: 41

Alloa: 39

Morton: 38 (Plus a game against us)

Queens: 37

Us: 35 (Plus 3 games)

If we beat Morton on Saturday, then with these set of results it'll come down to goal difference between us and Morton for 9th with QOS going down automatically, but we'd be safe if we take anything in the last 2 games. If we draw against Morton we'd need to either draw the last 2 or win one of them to even get playoffs. Saturday is an absolute must win.

My biggest worry is that Morton, Partick and Queens are all capable of outperforming the results I've given them. Partick have Ayr twice who have very little to play for and a basically safe Alloa coming to Firhill. QOS have Dunfermline and Ross County who are on the beach before a final day game against Partick who might well be safe by then. Morton have Inverness, Dunfermline and Utd, of whom only Inverness really have anything to play for. My suspicion is we might end up needed to take something from the final 2 even if we win on Saturday but then again it wouldn't shock me if we end up getting 5/6 more points in the next 3 games either. Expect the unexpected. COYB.

23 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Had a play about with this excluding our games: https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/sco-championship/

Tuesday: Morton get a point at home to ICT

Saturday: Partick beat Alloa at home, QOS held at home by Dunfermline

Tuesday 23rd: Ayr beat Partick 2-1

Friday 26th/Saturday 27th: Partick beat Ayr at Firhill, QOS beaten in Dingwall, Morton beaten at EEP

Saturday 4th May: Alloa lose in Ayr, Partick/QOS draw, Morton get a point at home to Utd

Partick should be safe I reckon, Ayr and Alloa still to come to Firhill plus they go to Ayr where at least a point could be achievable. Alloa already looking safe to me, it's unlikely that any 3 of ourselves, Partick, Queens and Morton will cobble together enough points to overtake them. That leaves 2 from 3. This set of results would give us:

Partick: 41

Alloa: 39

Morton: 38 (Plus a game against us)

Queens: 37

Us: 35 (Plus 3 games)

If we beat Morton on Saturday, then with these set of results it'll come down to goal difference between us and Morton for 9th with QOS going down automatically, but we'd be safe if we take anything in the last 2 games. If we draw against Morton we'd need to either draw the last 2 or win one of them to even get playoffs. Saturday is an absolute must win.

My biggest worry is that Morton, Partick and Queens are all capable of outperforming the results I've given them. Partick have Ayr twice who have very little to play for and a basically safe Alloa coming to Firhill. QOS have Dunfermline and Ross County who are on the beach before a final day game against Partick who might well be safe by then. Morton have Inverness, Dunfermline and Utd, of whom only Inverness really have anything to play for. My suspicion is we might end up needed to take something from the final 2 even if we win on Saturday but then again it wouldn't shock me if we end up getting 5/6 more points in the next 3 games either. Expect the unexpected. COYB.

Finishing 3rd or 4th is the difference of around £75k to the club so both Ayr & Inverness will still be aiming to win their matches, having said that, if the final match is a dead rubber then it would be perfectly understandable for both clubs to be resting players ahead of their play off matches, not to mention that we owe Alloa a big favour after last season !!!!