Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Quite fancy taking in the snake derby next Saturday seeing as we have no game. What end to sit in is the burning issue though

It's still possible for the Pars to go down but it would take a heck of a bizarre set of results requiring Dundee United, Ross County, Inverness and Ayr all losing their games against the bottom six
If they get a point against Queen's next Saturday that should make them mathematically safe given their superior goal difference over everyone else

You’ll need inoculations if you’re sitting in with the Morton fans.

You can still make third place. That isn't happening either

Correct, just thought I'd put try out an example of our worst possible results. Everyone winning games vs top 4 etc.

Feel less confident that we will end up 5th now, but that combination of results is very unlikely.

8 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

You’ll need inoculations if you’re sitting in with the Morton fans.

Which they can get from the home end as they are usually injecting something before the game anyway ;) 

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Correct, just thought I'd put try out an example of our worst possible results. Everyone winning games vs top 4 etc.

Feel less confident that we will end up 5th now, but that combination of results is very unlikely.

I was more than a touch disappointed in your Ayr 0 - 7 Partick  prediction :lol:

Queens are utterly rank. You should at the very least not get beaten by them next week

Are Ayr likely to rest players for the rest of the regular season or do they care about playing for home advanatage in the second leg against ICT? They've still to play Partick twice and Alloa so Falkirk/QOS/Morton could really do with Ayr putting a shift in.

7 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Are Ayr likely to rest players for the rest of the regular season or do they care about playing for home advanatage in the second leg against ICT? They've still to play Partick twice and Alloa so Falkirk/QOS/Morton could really do with Ayr putting a shift in.

Some would argue our players have been resting since Christmas. 

Probably yes as our schedule, should we go all the way to the final is ten games in 36days. In saying that we don't have many players available to come in.

I was more than a touch disappointed in your Ayr 0 - 7 Partick  prediction [emoji38]
Queens are utterly rank. You should at the very least not get beaten by them next week
And yet it's taken a penalty for you to beat us over 4 attempts. Shows the (lack of) quality in the division I suppose.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
41 minutes ago, I said:
I was more than a touch disappointed in your Ayr 0 - 7 Partick  prediction emoji38.png

Deflect, deflect, deflect

So you agree with me then. Queen's are utterly rank

Yep, and the fact it's taken a penalty for the best Ayr side in years to beat us shows how low on quality this division is this season.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 minutes ago, I said:

Yep, and the fact it's taken a penalty for the best Ayr side in years decades to beat us shows how low on quality this division is this season.

Probably more a reflection on our inability to break down teams who sit in and play for draws.

Be interesting to see how teams such as yourselves who have been playing anti-football, cope with actually having to try and win games. That's what I like about Alloa. They actually try and win, and it looks as though that is paying dividends right now.

Probably more a reflection on our inability to break down teams who sit in and play for draws.
Be interesting to see how teams such as yourselves who have been playing anti-football, cope with actually having to try and win games. That's what I like about Alloa. They actually try and win, and it looks as though that is paying dividends right now.
The best sides find a way of breaking those sides down. Tbh I can only recall two times Ayr broke through us in 4 meetings. If we could defend crosses we wouldn't be in this mess. Sitting in hasn't been our problem as very few sides have cut us open. Being unable to fecking mark is what is going to send us down. Absolute amateurs.