Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Same for us. A bizarre assessment of two football clubs backing new managers who no doubt specified the need for a busy window when they took the jobs

Certainly an element of panic in my view but entirely understandable.

We would have been relegated already had McKinnon not emptied most of the dross he inherited from Hartley in January.

Can’t see why anyone would have an issue with us ( or Thistle ) doing this.

regarding Goodwin, I sit behind dug outs and noticed for the full 90 at TFS he was on the touchline (not the managers box) coaching motivating and generally making himself seen to his players. McKinnon stood with his hands in his pockets at the dug out. of course these are relatively minor points but at this stage of the season with so much to play for if I was a player I think the former type of management would get more out of me

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

regarding Goodwin, I sit behind dug outs and noticed for the full 90 at TFS he was on the touchline (not the managers box) coaching motivating and generally making himself seen to his players. McKinnon stood with his hands in his pockets at the dug out. of course these are relatively minor points but at this stage of the season with so much to play for if I was a player I think the former type of management would get more out of me

He has always done this , shouts at linesman , Ref , players , passing seagulls, Fans . quite pro active.

9 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

why ? what is wrong with your present combo , Seem to have made a difference..

We've ground out some crucial results but the football is still pretty dire and I don't think we've been improved *that* much.

I'm not against Crawford/Shields getting the summer to revamp the squad and blood more young players but I'd still personally prefer Goodwin if it were possible.

This is one for supporters of all five of the clubs in danger of being relegated:

If offered 9th place (meaning a berth in the play-offs) right now, would you take it?

I'm guessing that the fact that 60% of the strugglers will do better than this, while only 20% will do worse, means most would say no.

Form might come into it though, and it's obviously likely to shift a bit as the games run out.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is one for supporters of all five of the clubs in danger of being relegated:

If offered 9th place (meaning a berth in the play-offs) right now, would you take it?

No brainer in being yes as we currently occupy 10th.

I'm of the opinion we are playing for 9th as it stands in any case.

The Falkirk responses make sense I suppose.  In bald terms of the table, they're markedly worst off, but one win could change that. 

From my own point of view, the fact that we've lost Dobbie means I maybe would take the deal, even though we're currently slightly better placed.

55 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm guessing that the fact that 60% of the strugglers will do better than this, while only 20% will do worse, means most would say no.

Form might come into it though, and it's obviously likely to shift a bit as the games run out.

No. We'd lose for certain.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Answers pretty much as you expected, so far.

Here's another question; what is two plus two? I'm going to guess four.

Just thought to myself, what if all 5 teams can still be relegated on the final day? It will be absolute carnage. Imagine a 5-way match of the day highlights jumping between the games. Almost want it to happen now.
Nah they'll be more interested in Aberdeen Vs Celtic and talking about that for 20 minutes. It'll be far more important.

25 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
49 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:
Just thought to myself, what if all 5 teams can still be relegated on the final day? It will be absolute carnage. Imagine a 5-way match of the day highlights jumping between the games. Almost want it to happen now.

Nah they'll be more interested in Aberdeen Vs Celtic and talking about that for 20 minutes. It'll be far more important.

I mean obviously. We're imagining that the media aren't just interested in appealing to the lowest common denominator.

54 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

The following sequence of results would mean all five teams were level on points going into the last round of matches.

5caf957d6cb55_ScreenShot2019-04-11at20_27_00.png.b1de3e487dc5a3b2d4fe5d882f897b51.png