Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, whereismillar said:

Still not happy we kept the pitch smaller, 2 away wins help my point, never convinced it suits us at all we just get a chance to adapt to it better .

I think I'll be in attendance to watch your last away win of the season.

5 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

Just make sure the team show the same sentiment . ;)

Can't speak for the players(wouldn't want or expect them to lie down) but I've not met a fan that doesn't want Alloa to stay up, we'll just have to see where we are by then.

Good luck to Alloa. Followed this thread from the beginning and written off a lot.

We'd be favourites for 10th next season but having a fellow part time club in the league would be a plus. Maybe even Forfar or East Fife up to, although I'd expect the Championship club to win the play off.

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Good luck to Alloa. Followed this thread from the beginning and written off a lot.

We'd be favourites for 10th next season but having a fellow part time club in the league would be a plus. Maybe even Forfar or East Fife up to, although I'd expect the Championship club to win the play off.

You probably would be but a couple of shrewd signings and you guys can stay up here. just hope we can join you..

To be honest i would be quite happy to see Falkirk & Thistle go down 2 clubs who panic bought in January 
Really? We got rid of some poor players and replaced them with players who are generally better. No big money purchases involved. I don't know where you get this panic buying idea from.

Really? We got rid of some poor players and replaced them with players who are generally better. No big money purchases involved. I don't know where you get this panic buying idea from.
Same for us. A bizarre assessment of two football clubs backing new managers who no doubt specified the need for a busy window when they took the jobs

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Depends who it is. If we end up 9th our confidence will be rock bottom and we'd be easy pickings.

On 10/04/2019 at 10:24, Colkitto said:

Very good chance of that happening. He has a Jack Ross feel about him...

Jack Ross remains a huge influence on this Alloa team. It is effectively the same nucleus and formation he put together. Goodwin struggled with his own signings, before settling on the formula of sticking with aforementioned nucleus and formation and adding the best loan signings possible to it. That has proven to be something of a masterstroke.

It will be very interesting to see how Jim does full-time when he almost certainly won't inherit an excellent squad and team spirit. There are questions over signings and some strange decision making (typified by small pitch), but what he has in his favour is that he is a real leader, very popular with his players and capable of getting the best out of them. He isn't Jack Ross, but those strengths will give him a good shot at succeeding, especially if he picks the right club. 

He also personally seems a very decent level-headed bloke who earns the respect his players give. There's a lot to be said for that alone, even though if results go against you being a decent bloke won't save you from the sack. Best of luck, Alloa.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If its Partick or Alloa I'd expect the championship team to win, any of the other contenders and it might be a different story

31 minutes ago, Yid_in_Exiile said:

He also personally seems a very decent level-headed bloke who earns the respect his players give. There's a lot to be said for that alone, even though if results go against you being a decent bloke won't save you from the sack. Best of luck, Alloa.

This is a good point. He made a mess of the play-offs in his first season, followed by some questionable signings and an apparent confusion over how to utilise them. We were down at the bottom of the league and got pumped at home by Albion Rovers. Throughout that the players kept playing for him. The fact there was a nucleus of really good pros obviously helped, but the respect the squad had for him got him through that spell and he has gone from strength to strength since.