Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Any two of half of the league can fill the bottom two spots which is incredible. We are in reasonable form but head up to the league leaders on Saturday.  They have had a bucketload of hard games recently so our hope is that they are running on empty at the weekend. Our game against Alloa next Saturday at Firhill will be season defining for us methinks. The job Goodwin has done there had been nothing short of phenomenal. We missed a trick not appointing him when we sacked Archie, as he was one of the favourites. This is going to the wire!

8 hours ago, Sixtyten said:

What a struggle this is turning out to be, we haven't half put the shits up the teams around us! We're within touching distance of 6th, and yet could so easily drop to 10th again. Mental.

Hope you get 6th

Yes, me too.  
I think I'd rather get to the last game against Thistle, needing a win than a draw.  
As it is, for weeks we've dreaded that game still being significant.  Now I'm reduced to hoping it still matters.
I've been saying for weeks that if we need to get anything from that game we're f£cked. I stand by it and if we don't have Dobbie it'll just be a case of seeing how long it takes for Thistle to put us down.

35 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Cliched drivel with no basis in fact or logic from yer faither.

Obviously wanting to go into the final day of the season in a worse position is a nonsense and everyone’s preference should be getting the points they need as soon as possible and fucking off out of contention.

A lot of Falkirk fans have been saying though that McKinnon shitfesting for draws has really hindered you lately. Could it work in your favour that he now has no choice but to play for wins as drawing your way to safety isn’t a realistic possibility?

We’re fucked if we lose to ICT. Going into the Falkirk game needing a win will absolutely see this team crumble under the pressure and get hammered, in the extremely likely scenario that Johansson is still in charge. Conversely if we take something from Caley Thistle and the Falkirk game can be viewed as must not lose rather than must win we might just manage to shitfest a result.

I don't see Alloa being bottom of the league either. They are so well organised and motivated just now.

Any Championship manager who doesn't make the cut for next season  could lose their job to Goodwin. He must be surely worth a punt for any full-time club?

23 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Any Championship manager who doesn't make the cut for next season  could lose their job to Goodwin. He must be surely worth a punt for any full-time club?

He absolutely is. I want us to stick with Oran Kearney next season, regardless of what league we're in, but I want Jim as our next manager after that. The worry at the moment is that he'll bypass us as a stepping stone on his way to a bigger club. Like, end up at Dunfermline or somewhere, do a good job and, in doing so, become too in-demand for us to get a look in.

30 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

He absolutely is. I want us to stick with Oran Kearney next season, regardless of what league we're in, but I want Jim as our next manager after that. The worry at the moment is that he'll bypass us as a stepping stone on his way to a bigger club. Like, end up at Dunfermline or somewhere, do a good job and, in doing so, become too in-demand for us to get a look in.

Very good chance of that happening. He has a Jack Ross feel about him...

2 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

He's right though isn't he? 

I remember when we got relegated from the top league idiots claiming before we played ICT that"it's gid we need tae win and no just draw".

Was it aye? 

Killie

9 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I remember when we got relegated from the top league idiots claiming before we played ICT that"it's gid we need tae win and no just draw".

Was it aye? 

Yip. Anyone who'd rather be 2 points behind their opponent, instead of one point ahead, doesn't make a lick of sense.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Cliched drivel with no basis in fact or logic from yer faither.

Eh?

I think we've been very poorly served by approaching games in a way that lacks enterprise.  I'd prefer it if circumstances prevented us from doing that.

I'd say it has plenty basis, but obviously, you'd know better.

10 hours ago, rb123! said:

Amazing that a team with Dobbies amount of goals could still get relegated.

That statement alone should be enough to get Naysmith hounded IF we do go down.  The sad fact is,  well maybe not fact but certainly a huge possibility,  that if Naysmith had played more to Dobbie's strengths instead of playing him as lone front man he could have scored  an even higher total. Naysmith can take no credit for Dobbie's goalscoring achievements. 

1 hour ago, printer said:

Who rattled your cage this morning? emoji6.png

31 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Was it aye? 

Yes, a particular match that you clearly can't even remember properly, clearly proves that any contrary suggestion in different circumstances must always be rubbish forever.

26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, a particular match that you clearly can't even remember properly, clearly proves that any contrary suggestion in different circumstances must always be rubbish forever.

You're posting that you would rather have a lower points total than a higher points total. That "must always be rubbish forever".