Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Trying to check the play-off dates- don't know whether that makes me an optimist or pessimist. Can't see them on SPFL site or wiki.

Am I right in thinking they're normally Wed- Sat for the semis then Wed-Sun for the final, so this year would be 8 & 11, and 15 & 19 May?

Yeah, that's right. 

Alloa's win has well and truly dragged Morton into it. 5 Donkey race now. The amount of knicker wetting by the Falkirk fans would suggest they don't know Dobbie is crocked. If it's anymore than a game we are well and truly fucked. Alloa is a must win on Saturday or it's doon we go.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Alloa's win has well and truly dragged Morton into it. 5 Donkey race now. The amount of knicker wetting by the Falkirk fans would suggest they don't know Dobbie is crocked. If it's anymore than a game we are well and truly fucked. Alloa is a must win on Saturday or it's doon we go.

it's certainly must not lose which TBH is what worries me.

Is this the biggest and closest run relegation battle in the history of Scottish football?

5 teams all with a chance of going down is absolutely mental. For me Falkirk and QOTS will fill the bottom 2. McKinnon appears to be scared to go for wins out of fear of losing which is hurting Falkirk all the same and with Dobbie going off with what looks like a hamstring injury it’s hard to see where QOTS are going to get goals from.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is this the biggest and closest run relegation battle in the history of Scottish football?

5 teams all with a chance of going down is absolutely mental. For me Falkirk and QOTS will fill the bottom 2. McKinnon appears to be scared to go for wins out of fear of losing which is hurting Falkirk all the same and with Dobbie going off with what looks like a hamstring injury it’s hard to see where QOTS are going to get goals from.

It's not so much hard but krypton factor to see where our goals will come from.

We're not down yet though.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Amazing that a team with Dobbies amount of goals could still get relegated.

How many goals would they have if you took Dobbies goals out of the team?

Can’t be that many.

Edit: it’s 18

55 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I'm sure that by the time we come to play Ayr twice within a week,they will be safe in 3rd or 4th for play offs and wee McCall will gift the 6 points to his beloved Thistle and almost certainly keep us up.

McCall may well love the Jags, but short of him telling his team to actively not score goals (unlikely) or playing an under 15s team (also unlikely), I’m not sure how much he’d be able to help us out. A weakened, half-arsed Ayr lineup will still score against our rabble of a defence.

8 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

it's certainly must not lose which TBH is what worries me.

Yes, me too.  

I think I'd rather get to the last game against Thistle, needing a win than a draw.  

As it is, for weeks we've dreaded that game still being significant.  Now I'm reduced to hoping it still matters.

We’ve got the least wins in 32 games so far and are in really poor form at a crucial stage in the season.
Appreciate your optimism but I’m finding it hard to find any.

It is not optimism it is actually a fact. Win Saturday at EEP, and Hartley’s duds have already we are back in it