Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Think for us, Alloa winning was a better outcome that Falkirk winning. 

Can't make my mind up on this.  A couple of brilliant results for Alloa mean that any of us now really could finish bottom.

If we go down this time - and we really might - it'll feel different from the Gus season when we were down there the whole time and ran out of games to stage a recovery.   This season, if we get relegated, it'll be at the death.

I don't know if that's better, or worse.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Can't make my mind up on this.  A couple of brilliant results for Alloa mean that any of us now really could finish bottom.

If we go down this time - and we really might - it'll feel different from the Gus season when we were down there the whole time and ran out of games to stage a recovery.   This season, if we get relegated, it'll be at the death.

It`s worse in many ways. We were so shite the Gus season that the pain was quickly dulled by the inevitability of it.

If we go down as you say it'll be at the death or through the play offs. Either would be painful.

I remain hopeful we'll stay up but we can absolutely still go down.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

While I reckon that overall, McKinnon is a better manager than Caldwell, the one thing McKinnon seems to be unable to accept is that he gets some things wrong. He is so set in his ways that he is either unable or unwilling to change a thing.

Today has cost him a lot of goodwill amongst the support because we could all see his stubborn attitude was going to cost us. He has tried to draw us to safety, and it’s now starting to fall apart. It’s like he can’t grasp that winning 4 games and losing 6 actually better than drawing 10 (and delivering low grade football in the process).

At least you can cling onto McKinnon being a better manager than Caldwell when you're in the seaside leagues with McKinnon and we're still up here with Caldwell.

On 05/04/2019 at 15:00, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Unease definitely growing...now feel it’ll be one from Alloa/Falkirk and one from Morton/QoS.   Thistle to pull clear.   

Well Denn Bairn I give you one more chance to get it right.

.............now feel it will be two from Alloa/Fawkirk/Partick I'd say

27 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Well Denn Bairn I give you one more chance to get it right.

.............now feel it will be two from Alloa/Fawkirk/Partick I'd say

5c960ae874de4_giphy(4).gif.df051b324ff725f40d9d3995c4848214.gif

It`s worse in many ways. We were so shite the Gus season that the pain was quickly dulled by the inevitability of it.
If we go down as you say it'll be at the death or through the play offs. Either would be painful.
I remain hopeful we'll stay up but we can absolutely still go down.
It would be disastrous if we went down this time. The last time I felt some relief when we got relegated (seriously) because we could the potential with the young lads and knew we'd be in with a shout at coming right back up. We don't have anything in the locker this time, especially if Dobbie has a release clause. Add to that that there is a big chance Falkirk or Thistle could join us then you're already thinking a play-off spot is the best we'll get. I reckon we'd instantly go part-time as well.

The five remaining teams in this dogfight deserve immense credit for providing some nail biting entertainment

Alloa's next three games are Morton, Queens and Partick

Imagine they won all three

giphy.gif.e4ab611dd67c47dc3f652312742e3014.gif

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

At least you can cling onto McKinnon being a better manager than Caldwell when you're in the seaside leagues with McKinnon and we're still up here with Caldwell.

You better pray you haven’t fired that blank prematurely.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

This will look pretty ridiculous when we lie down next week to help Falkirk stay up. 

12 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You better pray you haven’t fired that blank prematurely.

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

This will look pretty ridiculous when we lie down next week to help Falkirk stay up. 

If Thistle have made a c**t of it I'll be a seething mess anyway so a few bumped quotes won't really matter.

I know there's dozens of ways this can play out but the one that's rattling around my head is we'll have to go to Dumfries and get something on the last day.  Would be some day out either way if so.

Feeling slightly better about the back to back games vs Ayr given: their form since new year, the fact they're the only team we've yet to play since the transfer window opened, and the reasonable chance they'll be stuck in 3rd place by the time those games come round.