Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We'd thrash East Fife, but the final against RR or FA would be more troublesome - RR appear fragile and you'd hope that plucky part timers Forfar would run out of gas.

Of course what would really happen is John Baird would score the winning penalty in a shoot out. At TFS. In front of the South Stand.

Too far.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Was Moss not away to the Scum by then?

Short term contract till the end of the season from Dunfermline and he was done and only played a handful of games due to injury.

John McGlashan that day rode us for Arbroath, sure he got sent off also but he won the midfield for them that day

Edited by MrDust

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We were relegated in 2002 but saved by Airdrie going bust. 

I wouldn't be adverse to that scenario playing out again

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We'd thrash East Fife,

I'm sure Morton were saying the same in January

18 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Out of all the teams that could get in the playoff, what do you think of your chances again the 'bucket and spade' teams below?

As a Forfar fan, I think you would all get through quite easy, however I've not seen any of you play this season.

If Morton end up in them, we’re down. If anything losing 2-1 v East Fife flattered us and we were even lucky to escape with a draw at home to Peterhead, albeit we comfortably won the replay of that one.

Johansson can set up a team to win when we’re playing a much better team and can shitfest our way to wins via riding our luck defensively and scoring from a set-piece. When we’re the team needing to attack we’re beyond hopeless.

If we went behind in a playoff and the opposition sat in on their lead they’d end up picking us off on the counter attack; we need to finish 8th or higher.

It's not great in terms of quality down here, but excitement is off the chart. Still anyone of 5 teams to go down. The combination of results today should make dunfermline safe even without picking up another point which is highly unlikely

I'd be loving how this is developing if my team wasn't involved.

It's looking conceivable that we'll reach the last week or two with up to four sides facing all three possible outcomes: safe, play-off or down.

Alloa's result today must have them believing they can get right out of this, to safety.  At half time it looked a lot better for us than it did by full-time, with Morton and Thistle getting something, having trailed.

This is fascinating, but scary. 

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'd be loving how this is developing if my team wasn't involved.

It's looking conceivable that we'll reach the last week or two with up to four sides facing all three possible outcomes: safe, play-off or down.

Alloa's result today must have them believing they can get right out of this, to safety.  At half time it looked a lot better for us than it did by full-time, with Morton and Thistle getting something, having trailed.

This is fascinating, but scary. 

This.

Certainly not a disaster today.

Nothing lost against Morton or Thistle.

One point gained against Falkirk but 2 lost against Alloa.

Additionally one less game for those below us to catch up.

Still squeaky bum time though.

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

This.

Certainly not a disaster today.

Nothing lost against Morton or Thistle.

One point gained against Falkirk but 2 lost against Alloa.

Additionally one less game for those below us to catch up.

Still squeaky bum time though.

Yes, it's felt a bit like 'as you were' following our last three games.  If that happens indefinitely, I suppose we'll be ok.  Our remaining games are so important now though, especially those against Alloa and Thistle.  

We daren't lose them, but we also need a win or two somewhere.  I don't have that much faith in our capacity to deliver that, but I suppose the fans of the other clubs might feel similarly.

Think for us, Alloa winning was a better outcome that Falkirk winning. With Alloa still to play, it puts it in our own hands to pull away from them. I'm going to the Alloa game and I'm shitting myself already. They've practically owned us this season and they could potentially overtake us that day if they win.

While I reckon that overall, McKinnon is a better manager than Caldwell, the one thing McKinnon seems to be unable to accept is that he gets some things wrong. He is so set in his ways that he is either unable or unwilling to change a thing.

Today has cost him a lot of goodwill amongst the support because we could all see his stubborn attitude was going to cost us. He has tried to draw us to safety, and it’s now starting to fall apart. It’s like he can’t grasp that winning 4 games and losing 6 actually better than drawing 10 (and delivering low grade football in the process).