Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 hours ago, I said:
No chance of that happening. Dunfermline are safe.
Admittedly a few weeks ago I had them finishing tenth emoji38.png

There's absolutely a chance it could happen. They are obviously the long shot but 4 of their remaining fixtures are against the sides fighting for their lives down the bottom. None of those games will be a walk in the park. Their other two games are away to ICT and County who both have something to play for as well. They will be looking up for a play-off spot but equally, a couple of defeats and they could be in bother pending other results. For me, the only sides absolutely certain to avoid the relegation play-offs are the top 4. This division is so mental that any of the other 6 could go down.

There's also a chance I could win the lottery. It isn't going to happen though

Since this league went to 10 teams in 94/95, the only times 40 points hasn't been enough to secure 8th were

2006- 2007

image.png.595903855d9ca4f9db1a95392f09e19b.png

2008-09

image.thumb.png.d35ecc8889cfb8de285dcd912f84c0dc.png

and

2013-14

image.png.7afb942cd07d913b0c5a26ccfef58672.png

On all 3 occasions the league was won with a relatively low points total, though that looks like being the case again this season.

If Dunfermline somehow lost their last 6 they would need 4 of Morton, Qos, Thistle, Alloa, and Falkirk to overtake them and I think there's too many head to heads between those teams remaining.

4 hours ago, yoda said:

There's not a chance that more than one of Alloa, Thistle, Falkirk, Morton, or QoS are getting >40 points. I think there's only been one team in the last decade that has finished 9th with more than ≥41 points.

Dunfermline are safe.

If there's a season where it happens, it could well be this one.

In saying that, I reckon if we beat two of the Farmers (A), Alloa (H) and Morton (H) we will stay up.

11 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Since this league went to 10 teams in 94/95, the only times 40 points hasn't been enough to secure 8th were

2006- 2007

image.png.595903855d9ca4f9db1a95392f09e19b.png

2008-09

image.thumb.png.d35ecc8889cfb8de285dcd912f84c0dc.png

and

2013-14

image.png.7afb942cd07d913b0c5a26ccfef58672.png

On all 3 occasions the league was won with a relatively low points total, though that looks like being the case again this season.

If Dunfermline somehow lost their last 6 they would need 4 of Morton, Qos, Thistle, Alloa, and Falkirk to overtake them and I think there's too many head to heads between those teams remaining.

Tbf in 2014 you've just shown 40 points was enough. 

On 30/03/2019 at 20:22, D'Jaffo said:

If we’re secured in the play offs with no chance of moving up a place then I’m all for us playing our part in the relegation of Thistle by throwing the Alloa game.

Yes I now think Ton v Dundee US on final day might be our best chance of a win with them resting for playoffs.

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I see Utd have a huge goal difference to make up which could be important on the last day of the season.

Oh, look who they're playing!

Indeed. Morton's last 3 are ourselves, the Feffers & Dundee Utd (all away from home). This season could yet turn out to be legendary.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We have 2 very tough fixtures to finish with especially if County and Utd can still win the title.

We have a tough run in too so I wouldn't worry too much, Ayr away tomorrow then QOS away Sat, both will be defeats then we have Alloa at home which will be a MUST WIN, really can't see it.

On 3/30/2019 at 21:38, Dunning1874 said:

That’s an absolute disaster of a day - losing was always on the cards but every other team below us taking points as well was unexpected and we’re back in massive trouble; it’s the first time we’ve been within three points of ninth since the second game of the season.

As we were before today we’re still probably two wins from safety, but we’ve now only 1 win in 9 (1 in 10 if you include being eliminated from the cup by East Fife). We’re still a long way from that becoming just 1 or 2 in 16, but with Johansson in charge that seems more likely than the absolute moron fluking his way to another two shitfested wins.

In the next 10 days we have Ayr, QoS & Alloa. If we don’t win any of those games we’re fucked.

ayeee

On 31/03/2019 at 13:20, 19QOS19 said:
On 30/03/2019 at 20:14, I said:
No chance of that happening. Dunfermline are safe.
Admittedly a few weeks ago I had them finishing tenth emoji38.png

There's absolutely a chance it could happen. They are obviously the long shot but 4 of their remaining fixtures are against the sides fighting for their lives down the bottom. None of those games will be a walk in the park. Their other two games are away to ICT and County who both have something to play for as well. They will be looking up for a play-off spot but equally, a couple of defeats and they could be in bother pending other results. For me, the only sides absolutely certain to avoid the relegation play-offs are the top 4. This division is so mental that any of the other 6 could go down.

Have you totally discounted the fact that the teams below us will also be playing each other?

2nd April Queens vs Falkirk

6th April Falkirk vs Alloa, Queens vs Morton

13th April Alloa vs Queens

20th April Falkirk vs Morton, Thistle vs Alloa

4th May Queens vs Thistle

I'm sure one or two sides would climb above us if we have some terrible end of season form but it's fanciful to suggest it's likely enough to consider as an option. There's more chance of Rangers, Ayr and Raith all winning the league this season.

But hey, if we do end up in the bottom two then it'll mean one hell of a set of results so I'll accept it for the sake of patter.

Could someone come up with a set of results that would see us relegated or in 9th? Just so I can understand how worried I should be.

Although I don’t think it’ll happen I went ahead and punched some results into the table calculator and the best I could get was Dunfermline 9th. However this involved you lot not winning another game and the teams below you pulling off some big results.

Mathematically it could happen but the teams below you play each other too often for them to catch you. I’d say unless ourselves or ICT drop off again the Pars are the only team in this league not fighting for anything. How bloody boring is that?