Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't budget for anything at Tannadice EEP and Palmerston.
So let's hope Alloa crumble in the cauldron that is the Bairnabeu, Morton continue playing the part of Morton to perfection, and County are on the beach by the last game. Or United have overhauled them and they're simultaneously in meltdown and preserving players for the playoffs.
Fucking hell this is stressful.

7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Can't budget for anything at Tannadice EEP and Palmerston.
So let's hope Alloa crumble in the cauldron that is the Bairnabeu, Morton continue playing the part of Morton to perfection, and County are on the beach by the last game. Or United have overhauled them and they're simultaneously in meltdown and preserving players for the playoffs.
Fucking hell this is stressful.

I was going to say that if Falkirk go down then at least you will have a local derby with Stenhousemuir to look forward to but even that doesn't look likely at the moment

The OP's prediction of Dunfermline in 10th hasn't aged well but this is shaping up to be a fascinating battle, it could come down to who is in form at the right moment so I think the likes of Thistle and QoTS will probably be OK while it could be a very nervous month or so for Morton and Falkirk fans

Thistle and QotS are both in terrible form, thistle have a record of won 2 lost 3 drawn one from their last 6 league games by my reckoning, 7 points from a possible 18 is pretty poor

2 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Thistle and QotS are both in terrible form, thistle have a record of won 2 lost 3 drawn one from their last 6 league games by my reckoning, 7 points from a possible 18 is pretty poor

Good point about QoTS , however if you look at the last 5 games Thistle have the most points of the 5 teams in the battle, Alloa and Falkirk have 6 each while Morton have 4 and QoTs have 3

Edited by senorsoupe

Some set of results that today. Makes even more interesting at both ends.  The football may not be the best but it's a fucking brilliant league to be in.

Alloa doing what Alloa do and pulling out a result when they really need it. Queens end their winless streak and Partick humiliate freefalling Morton. In normal circumstances Falkirk getting a point in Inverness would be a good point, but today it's a poor one. 

Is anyone going to do a Dunfermline and put in a run of wins to lead them to safety?

It's all starting to get rather exciting.

What a cracking league this is. It’s basically split into three. 

Ross County and Dundee United competing for the title.

Ourselves, ICT and Dunfermline competing for two promotion playoff places. 

The rest fighting it out to avoid the bottom two places. 

If we’re going into the last couple of weeks with several teams still not safe that could make for some potential #scenes. 

I've said elsewhere, don't rule Dunfermline out of the dogfight just yet. They should and probably will be safe but given they have the teams down the bottom to face it isn't unimaginable for them to find themselves drop down as well.

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If we’re going into the last couple of weeks with several teams still not safe that could make for some potential #scenes. 

Aye Partick better hope we have nothing to play for as we play them twice.

And don't forget we owe Alloa a favour from last year as well :)

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've said elsewhere, don't rule Dunfermline out of the dogfight just yet. They should and probably will be safe but given they have the teams down the bottom to face it isn't unimaginable for them to find themselves drop down as well.

No chance of that happening. Dunfermline are safe.

Admittedly a few weeks ago I had them finishing tenth :lol:

Aye Partick better hope we have nothing to play for as we play them twice.
And don't forget we owe Alloa a favour from last year as well [emoji4]

If we’re secured in the play offs with no chance of moving up a place then I’m all for us playing our part in the relegation of Thistle by throwing the Alloa game.

43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If we’re secured in the play offs with no chance of moving up a place then I’m all for us playing our part in the relegation of Thistle by throwing the Alloa game.

Shame your manager won’t agree with such a cunning plan.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Doubt he’ll care tbh

Considering the tramp spends his life wandering about the west end of Glasgow in his old Thistle gear telling anyone who will listem how much he loves us whilst his son goes home and away with us I'm sure he does care.

If you have no chance of 2nd by the time we play you I fully expect him to lie down to us tbh.

That’s an absolute disaster of a day - losing was always on the cards but every other team below us taking points as well was unexpected and we’re back in massive trouble; it’s the first time we’ve been within three points of ninth since the second game of the season.

As we were before today we’re still probably two wins from safety, but we’ve now only 1 win in 9 (1 in 10 if you include being eliminated from the cup by East Fife). We’re still a long way from that becoming just 1 or 2 in 16, but with Johansson in charge that seems more likely than the absolute moron fluking his way to another two shitfested wins.

In the next 10 days we have Ayr, QoS & Alloa. If we don’t win any of those games we’re fucked.

No chance of that happening. Dunfermline are safe.
Admittedly a few weeks ago I had them finishing tenth [emoji38]
There's absolutely a chance it could happen. They are obviously the long shot but 4 of their remaining fixtures are against the sides fighting for their lives down the bottom. None of those games will be a walk in the park. Their other two games are away to ICT and County who both have something to play for as well. They will be looking up for a play-off spot but equally, a couple of defeats and they could be in bother pending other results. For me, the only sides absolutely certain to avoid the relegation play-offs are the top 4. This division is so mental that any of the other 6 could go down.

There's not a chance that more than one of Alloa, Thistle, Falkirk, Morton, or QoS are getting >40 points. I think there's only been one team in the last decade that has finished 9th with more than ≥41 points.

Dunfermline are safe.