Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Gave the middle finger gesture to some fans who were giving him pelters coming off at HT.  One story doing the rounds is that he refused to play 2nd half.

Not a good sign, I'm guessing the reserve goalie is of reserve quality ?

I'm waiting for the Naysmith interview, been good of rage/lost it recently

38 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Big weekend of results, good wins for Falkirk and Thistle, defeats for Alloa and QoTS.

For Falkirk, we could have done without that last minute Thistle winner but the horrific form of QoTS looks ominous for them.

Indeed. It`s a shite day for a QOS fan when a Dunfermline winner at Alloa is the highlight of the day.  :(

Becoming tough to see a way out of this for us.

Gave the middle finger gesture to some fans who were giving him pelters coming off at HT.  One story doing the rounds is that he refused to play 2nd half.

These are the kind of stories you hear from teams that are on their way down. I’m guessing that’s him done at the club unless Naysmith gets the sack.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Question for Queens fans. If you did go down do you think Dobbie would move on?

I've no idea.

The remarkable thing would be, that the team featuring him got relegated at all. 

It really does look like happening though.

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Anyone bored enough to look up the highest point total that’s led to a team getting relegated?

It's Airdrie in 2009 with 42 but they survived due to the (temporary) destruction of Livingston.

Edited by Fuctifano

No. Infact i think he might become player/manager if that was the case.

That’s an interesting idea.
Do you think he’s got the appetite to be manager?
No disrespect to Queens but I guess there’s an argument that he’s shown a lack of ambition in recent years....

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

That’s an interesting idea.
Do you think he’s got the appetite to be manager?
No disrespect to Queens but I guess there’s an argument that he’s shown a lack of ambition in recent years....

I wouldn’t want him to be the manager at the moment. There is still a good couple of seasons in him as a player. 

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

Not a good sign, I'm guessing the reserve goalie is of reserve quality ?

I'm waiting for the Naysmith interview, been good of rage/lost it recently

Leighfield has had plenty of first team experience,  not so much this season though as Martin has remained largely injury free. I would say he's proved to be a competent enough  back-up for this level. 

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Question for Queens fans. If you did go down do you think Dobbie would move on?

He's the only player on the books who's  already signed up for next season afaik so won't be going anywhere unless someone makes an offer or there is a mutual agreement for him to be released. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

He's the only player on the books who's  already signed up for next season afaik so won't be going anywhere unless someone makes an offer or there is a mutual agreement for him to be released. 

Or he has a relegation clause, but if he stays in Dumfries then a move away would seem an odd one unless it was alot more cash

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

Or he has a relegation clause, but if he stays in Dumfries then a move away would seem an odd one unless it was alot more cash

Dobbie stays in Lytham St Anne's 140 miles from Dumfries. 

3 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I mean if he was smart his extension would surely include a relegation clause. He can do the job if he was at county they’d have secured the league by now, I can’t inagin someone like him settling for league one at this point in their career. 

I do tbf see it as highly unlikely queens will be in the mix, I can’t see past us and alloa for bottom two and I’m by no means a Caldwell hater. Just think everyone else has picked up enough n queens are still to do so. 

Hope we can keep it going but all heads face to Tuesday first. Huge game before a huge huge huge weekend at Falkirk. Caldwell’s biggest test this week or so. 

Edited by ptptptfc

4 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Wow that's one hell of a commute

And we train in  Hamilton which means another 60 miles or so.  I'm not sure if he's up at every training  session though but I believe he's got family in the Glasgow area so he may stay there sometime.  He also helps out with running the reserves so will have some travelling with that as well.

The travelling's probably bearable if you and the team are doing well but must take a bit of self-motivation when the teams struggling.