Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have won 3 of our last 6 since Christmas. Keep that ratio up we will stay up. However the two games v Alloa and Partick are the two that are huge

Your right, we are at home and really need to beat Alloa and Patrick, plus who ever else we manage to beat on the run in.  Alloa had some good results in the corresponding fixtures so nothing is taken for granted.

We have won 3 of our last 6 since Christmas. Keep that ratio up we will stay up. However the two games v Alloa and Partick are the two that are huge

Ayr on Friday is huge aswell. Alloa at home to a confident Dunfermline side and Patrick at home to the galacticos. A win for us followed by two away wins the next day would be huge going into the next game against Partick.

Ayr on Friday is huge aswell. Alloa at home to a confident Dunfermline side and Patrick at home to the galacticos. A win for us followed by two away wins the next day would be huge going into the next game against Partick.

Our next game after Friday is away to RC on the Tuesday

Having had the misfortune to witness the Dunfermline game it's hard to see where the points are coming from in the next few games. I'll be amazed if we have anything to play for on the final day, never mind it being a tasty prospect. 

What's happened to Dobbie anyway, that him done now? Would be a glimmer of hope for us if that's the case. 

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Having had the misfortune to witness the Dunfermline game it's hard to see where the points are coming from in the next few games. I'll be amazed if we have anything to play for on the final day, never mind it being a tasty prospect. 

What's happened to Dobbie anyway, that him done now? Would be a glimmer of hope for us if that's the case. 

He does tend to fizzle out a bit in the final third of the season. I reckon Queens might well get hauled into the mire, but so far, unbeaten as we are in 2019, we simply aren’t winning enough games. If we fail to beat Ayr on Friday, then we really are dicing with the smelly stuff. Remember we have RC to play twice as well as DU away.

We really need to get the business done in the next four or five games, or we could be in big trouble.

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He does tend to fizzle out a bit in the final third of the season. I reckon Queens might well get hauled into the mire, but so far, unbeaten as we are in 2019, we simply aren’t winning enough games. If we fail to beat Ayr on Friday, then we really are dicing with the smelly stuff. Remember we have RC to play twice as well as DU away.

We really need to get the business done in the next four or five games, or we could be in big trouble.

At this rate, I think you just need to make sure you're not as shite as at least one side.  Fortunately for you, that one is Thistle.  I think any Championship side should go into a potential playoff as favourites, so as long as you're not the worst in the division you've got the chance.  

Edited by forameus

On 2/11/2019 at 10:27, Fuctifano said:

Updated after Falkirk beat Alloa 

11 Feb.PNG

5c7ee8342f65b_4March.PNG.04f27887a40de1675a460bbe30d68997.PNG

Can see the difference Falkirk, Alloa, and Thistle continuing to pick up points makes. Totals for safety inching up and total for top 4 sliding down.

Now 4 times out of 1000, 43 points finished 9th tho the results needed for that seem fairly unrealistic. 40 points still a good safety barometer.

On 3/4/2019 at 14:03, Duncan Freemason said:

Agree with this. The unbeaten thing is irrelevant. Far too many draws. Disappointing not to beat Morton and that really puts the pressure on the Ayr game. 

Morton beating QoS was massive and might be enough to keep them up. 

Can see us needing to win our final game to finish 8th. That would do nicely 

I don’t think there is any doubt about it now,  Queens are going down.

It kind of reminds me of Raith’s collapse a few seasons ago. Looking like challenging for the promotion play-offs before Christmas then the arse completely falls out it.

That'll be the Pars officially safe then.  Impressive turnaround for them... five wins on the bounce from being utterly shite definitely needs commended.

Down to five contenders.

Edited by I'm Brian

My prediction of Queens not being close to going down has been proven as shite. No surprise there.

If we can actually manage to win a game of football against a team that’s not Dundee Utd or Alloa then that puts them firmly in the drivers seat for bottom 2. Is that Martin away in the huff or did he pick up an injury at H/T?

On 04/03/2019 at 12:35, forameus said:

Alloa to pick up another 3, and give Dunfermline far more problems than we did, Falkirk to get a draw, and United to beat us.

Hope you never put  a lottery on.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is that Martin away in the huff or did he pick up an injury at H/T?

Gave the middle finger gesture to some fans who were giving him pelters coming off at HT.  One story doing the rounds is that he refused to play 2nd half.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer