Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Win on Tuesday and beat Alloa and imo we are safe.

Nah there's still too many games to go after that, including another against Partick and Falkirk. We just need to keep getting results.

Next 3 games are huge though. We should be aiming for 9 points.

6 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

This is Queens huge problem we have Dobbie but no other goal threat mark Dobbie tightly Queens won't score 

You've a bad memory if you can't even remember back to who scored for us yesterday.  (clue : it wasn't Dobbie.)  Dobbie is obviously the main source of goals,  as his total shows,   but it's complete bollocks to say we won't score if Dobbie doesn't. 

18 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Win on Tuesday and beat Alloa and imo we are safe.

Safe from automatic relegation but we could get drawn into the playoff spot. 

17 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah there's still too many games to go after that, including another against Partick and Falkirk. We just need to keep getting results.

Next 3 games are huge though. We should be aiming for 9 points.

Really not confident about Partick, would take a point. 

From a neutral standpoint, it is amazing how the table looks now when compared to a few weeks ago when it was a fight between Thistle and Falkirk for the shittiest prize in sports entertainment - a playoff place.  Could really be anyone at this stage.  In the form table over 5 games, it's Falkirk on top followed by ourselves.  Tuesday's fixtures could still see a six-point gap in the bottom half, but really bunch up the teams further (Thistle win and a draw in the other one plzfanx).  A win for Dunfermline and Morton or Queens would be massive for them though, even with a long way to go.

2 minutes ago, Scosha said:

That’s a massive win for us tonight. Pulling us 8 clear of 9th and 3 points off 4th ( :lol: ). 

Queens look in real trouble. I thought we were bad but they were honking tonight. 

The team we had out had every single defender and defensive midfielder we have on our books - all 8 of them. The only defender missing was the reserve goalie. Surprised Naysmith didn’t play him instead of Dobbie.  

On 13/02/2019 at 18:19, Poet of the Macabre said:

I don't think AJ was ever shite but he'd clearly run out of ideas and it was time for him to leave. He's always done just about enough to not lose his job, without ever excelling. He was given plenty of time and while everyone hoped finishing 4th last year would be a starting point, it's led to nothing.

I was disappointed with the appointment of Crawford, partly due to his lack of managerial experience and partly because he's been a part of the coaching set up for months. I strongly felt we needed a new man in who would be looking at everything with fresh eyes. Crawford/Shields deserve time to show what they can do but the early signs haven't been encouraging. The defeat to the wee team was one of the most pathetic collapses I've seen from a Pars side.

Our next five games, with three at EEP, are massive:

16th Feb Inverness (H)

23rd Feb Ayr (A)

26th Feb Partick Thistle (H)

2nd Mar Queens (H)

9th Mar Alloa (A)

I'd want to see us pick up at *least* 10 points from that lot. That would ease at least some of the relegation fears and calm down knicker-wetters, such as myself. Anything less would make the run-in very awkward indeed IMO.

I wanted at least 10 and we already have 9, with two games in the run still to be played.

Hope the team are as greedy as I am, cause I want at least 13 points from those five matches now.

On 13/02/2019 at 18:53, Reggie Perrin said:

I would be surprised if you gained more than 7 points from those fixtures.
Though I could be talking shite as usual.

On 13/02/2019 at 18:56, ShaggerG said:

I think they'll draw with ICT, lose to Ayr, draw with Thistle, beat QOS and draw with Alloa.

On 13/02/2019 at 20:32, Super Tuesday said:

ICT-0pts

Ayr-0pts

PT-1pt

QotS-0pts

Alloa-3pts

Not quite up there with thinking Ruben Sammut would walk the league in the terrible prediction stakes but Falkirk fans never fail to disappoint.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I wanted at least 10 and we already have 9, with two games in the run still to be played.

Hope the team are as greedy as I am, cause I want at least 13 points from those five matches now.

Pretty good bet to get 3 more on Saturday :o

We really are in freefall at the moment.

Yes Dunfermline have nosed all the Falkirk mob and to a lesser extent the Partick crowed.

With our win tonight looks like Partick for 10th and Alloa or Falkirk for 9th with QOS needing to show or they could be in the mix.

A win on Friday over the Falkirk seemed a bit of an ask but with the pressure reduced and the will by the boys to get a result  tonight I think it is doable let's hound them.