Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People act as if we've just recently gone into meltdown. We've won three games over the past four months and they were against Morton, Alloa and Falkirk. 

Pars have been shite for most of the season, it's just our awfulness was not noticed because other sides were having more laughable seasons. They've now picked up and we've stayed just as awful.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

58 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

People act as if we've just recently gone into meltdown. We've won three games over the past four months and they were against Morton, Alloa and Falkirk. 

Pars have been shite for most of the season, it's just our awfulness was not noticed because other sides were having more laughable seasons. They've now picked up and we've stayed just as awful.

Set aside ability, and that old managerial quote of “once a team builds a bit of confidence, it can quickly become infectious, but equally, once a team loses confidence, that too can become infectious just as quickly”,  then yes, Dunfermline and Morton’s worries seem to be becoming a bit more real, but Partick, Falkirk and Alloa are all just one bad result away from entering or re-entering the pits of despair. Probably for three or four of those five, this is likely to run until the last day of the season. I just hope DU and RC’s fates are sealed with two games to go.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

So, was AJ really shite and Crawford just as bad because, with the squad you have you really shouldn't be anywhere near as shite as you are?

23 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

So, was AJ really shite and Crawford just as bad because, with the squad you have you really shouldn't be anywhere near as shite as you are?

I don't think AJ was ever shite but he'd clearly run out of ideas and it was time for him to leave. He's always done just about enough to not lose his job, without ever excelling. He was given plenty of time and while everyone hoped finishing 4th last year would be a starting point, it's led to nothing.

I was disappointed with the appointment of Crawford, partly due to his lack of managerial experience and partly because he's been a part of the coaching set up for months. I strongly felt we needed a new man in who would be looking at everything with fresh eyes. Crawford/Shields deserve time to show what they can do but the early signs haven't been encouraging. The defeat to the wee team was one of the most pathetic collapses I've seen from a Pars side.

Our next five games, with three at EEP, are massive:

16th Feb Inverness (H)

23rd Feb Ayr (A)

26th Feb Partick Thistle (H)

2nd Mar Queens (H)

9th Mar Alloa (A)

I'd want to see us pick up at *least* 10 points from that lot. That would ease at least some of the relegation fears and calm down knicker-wetters, such as myself. Anything less would make the run-in very awkward indeed IMO.

I don't think AJ was ever shite but he'd clearly run out of ideas and it was time for him to leave. He's always done just about enough to not lose his job, without ever excelling. He was given plenty of time and while everyone hoped finishing 4th last year would be a starting point, it's led to nothing.
I was disappointed with the appointment of Crawford, partly due to his lack of managerial experience and partly because he's been a part of the coaching set up for months. I strongly felt we needed a new man in who would be looking at everything with fresh eyes. Crawford/Shields deserve time to show what they can do but the early signs haven't been encouraging. The defeat to the wee team was one of the most pathetic collapses I've seen from a Pars side.
16th Feb Inverness (H)
23rd Feb Ayr (A)
2nd Mar Queens (H)
9th Mar Alloa (A)
I'd want to see us pick up at *least* 10 points from that lot. That would ease at least some of the relegation fears and calm down knicker-wetters, such as myself. Anything less would make the run-in very awkward indeed IMO.

I would be surprised if you gained more than 7 points from those fixtures.
Though I could be talking shite as usual.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I would be surprised if you gained more than 7 points from those fixtures.
Though I could be talking shite as usual.

I think they'll draw with ICT, lose to Ayr, draw with Thistle, beat QOS and draw with Alloa.

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Set aside ability, and that old managerial quote of “once a team builds a bit of confidence, it can quickly become infectious, but equally, once a team loses confidence, that too can become infectious just as quickly”,  then yes, Dunfermline and Morton’s worries seem to be becoming a bit more real, but Partick, Falkirk and Alloa are all just one bad result away from entering or re-entering the pits of despair. Probably for three or four of those five, this is likely to run until the last day of the season. I just hope DU and RC’s fates are sealed with two games to go.

I would say yet again our points on the doors is what will save us.

What ever hope you and Partick have of going on a winning run is supported by little evidence that many teams can achieve that is this league.

Fact, 31 % of games in this league end in draws, so winning runs tend to be a maximum of 2/3.

This is the best thread on the go and look forward counting down the safe teams and condemning others to the seaside days out.

This is where I think Falkirk might have the advantage. Virtually no one in our team played the first half of the season so the losers mentality is gone.

We have a few experienced guys like Dixon, Paton, Edje and Osman who should be able to calm the nerves and guide the younger guys after a defeat.

Got to hope that if we lose to utd in our next game for example that they can get everyone working to another 5 game unbeaten run with a good mentality.

With a proper striker now in, I'm hopeful we can have more cutting edge up front. We were much improved against Ross County, but expected defeat there regardless. Now's the time to start getting the wins we need with this run of games. Lose two on the bounce to ICT and then Ayr and we are right in the shite. I'm hopeful we can get 4 points though. We've definitely shown some nouse about us with Crawford and, as said, Anderson has only had one game, which was against the best team in the league. 

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

16th Feb Inverness (H)

23rd Feb Ayr (A)

2nd Mar Queens (H)

9th Mar Alloa (A)

ICT-0pts

Ayr-0pts

PT-1pt

QotS-0pts

Alloa-3pts

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 15:05, Gaz FFC said:

Would people be bumming up this Alloa team if Falkirk and Thistle weren't having laughably bad seasons?

What?   we have only gained five points from both of these teams all season..and four of them off partick  .didn't really think about this did you?

Edited by whereismillar

2 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

I would say yet again our points on the doors is what will save us.

What ever hope you and Partick have of going on a winning run is supported by little evidence that many teams can achieve that is this league.

Fact, 31 % of games in this league end in draws, so winning runs tend to be a maximum of 2/3.

This is the best thread on the go and look forward counting down the safe teams and condemning others to the seaside days out.

Sometimes teams just have a smell of failure on them. Morton seem that way to me.

You shouldn't go down because you have points on the board and not a bottom two squad, but there just seems a pall of disaster around the club. The whole McKinnon disaster, your chairman making a fool of himself, rage appointing Johansson.. just seems like it's written in the stars.

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t be silly. The Pars won’t win away to Alloa....

Personally would have that as a draw or home win myself

Its horrible having no game this weekend, tho County away isn't really that bad a game to free up and maybe we can hope for a similar result in last season having to play the champions in the last couple of weeks twice when they have nothing to play for like we did with St Mirren last season and took 6pts.

Edited by MrDust

10 hours ago, whereismillar said:

What?   we have only gained five points from both of these teams all season..and four of them off partick  .didn't really think about this did you?

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I think you have missed the point here.

Bingo.

If Falkirk and Thistle weren't having terrible seasons Alloa would be bottom and nobody would be talking about them other than to point and laugh at their 5 aside pitch.

Alloa have been made to look good by an abject Falkirk and Thistle.

If Alloa were merely within a handful of points of Dunfermline at this stage of the season then it'd be regarded as a decent effort tbh. Their fanbase does get all Royston Vasey as soon as they get tipped for 10th or a pumping on any thread in this forum though so I guess we should just roll with it.  

12 hours ago, DAFC. said:

We were much improved against Ross County, but expected defeat there regardless.  

Never ever hang your hat on a plucky narrow defeat (or even a point) against the league leaders. It's more often than not just a cruel mirage of “jam tomorrow”.