Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, virginton said:

Loving the current myths that Queen of the South are a club on the up and A Good Model For All Of Us, while Morton are a relegation-bound basketcase. What with there being one single point separating the two sides, with Morton’s main striker having been injured and playing three games all season instead of carrying a squad of utter dross almost every week.

Both will finish midtable with the fork stuck in their latest, mediocre campaigns before the clocks go forward.

My point was more that Queens would be really shit if it wasn't for Dobbie. 

Having him guarantees safety every year. It's well worth whatever they're paying him.

Having him guarantees safety every year. It's well worth whatever they're paying him.
Ignore the wee skagheids thoughts on Stephen Dobbie. They are exclusively bullshit and designed for no other reason than to get attention.

15 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Avoiding relegation doesn't actually count as 'success' for any team in the division other than Alloa. And if Alloa had a spare £2k a week lying around then they'd be spending it on four players of proven Championship quality instead of staking everything on the fitness of a 36 year old has-been. 

So much for a model that we should all be striving to replicate then. 

Edited by vikingTON

15 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

2013/14 QOS 4th Falkirk put them out the play-offs

2014/15 QOS 4th Rangers put them out the play-offs.

2015/16 QOS 7th - Raith 4th

Summer 2016 QOS sign Dobbie

2016/17 QOS 6th - Morton 4th

2017/18 QOS 6th - Dunfermline 4th

2018/19 QOS 5th (currently)

For all they wages and the best forward in the league, Queens really aren't doing anything and if anything have went backwards.

If I was the Queens fan paying his wages I'd be very dissapointed with the rest of the team.

It seems inevitable that only Alloa will go down. I doubt any of the ‘banter’ teams that everyone wants to go down will go down.
It depends on the manner in which they emter the play offs. If Falkirk or Partick lose momentum and slide into the playoffs, or Dunfermline just meekly turn to shit then it could happen.

If all of those teams sort their shit out and the 9th place is decided on the last day between 3 or 4 teams on decent form then I think you will be right.

I think it'll be Alloa 10th and Dunfermline 9th with Thistle and Falkirk not too far above them points wise.

The last 2 games will have done our squad the world of good and I think we've got enough about us to avoid the drop but we've put ourself in such a poor position in the first half of the season that I'd be amazed if we were as comfortable as some are predicting, same goes for Thistle. 

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Avoiding relegation doesn't actually count as 'success' for any team in the division other than Alloa. And if Alloa had a spare £2k a week lying around then they'd be spending it on four players of proven Championship quality instead of staking everything on the fitness of a 36 year old has-been. 

So much for a model that we should all be striving to replicate then. 

The dictionary defines a Has-Been as someone who was good at something but no longer is. The fact that you are attaching that label to Stephen Dobbie is nothing short of ridiculous.

Mind you, I seem to recall you visiting the Ayr thread last season to dish out some kind of 'point and laugh' exercise for the signing of Lawrence Shankland, so evidently your eye for a player is as good as your patter.

Shite.

13 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

The dictionary defines a Has-Been as someone who was good at something but no longer is. The fact that you are attaching that label to Stephen Dobbie is nothing short of ridiculous.

Nice try, but the full definition - one that you clearly didn't bother reading before trying to thump out your failed comeback on here - actually defines it as follows:

a person who in the past was famous, important, admired, or good at something, but is no longer any of these

Which aptly describes Dobbie's decline in both importance and 'fame' from playing in the English Championship to playing for a diddy bumpkin outfit every week. 

Swing and a miss then.

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nice try, but the full definition - one that you clearly didn't bother reading before trying to thump out your failed comeback on here - actually defines it as follows:

Which aptly describes Dobbie's decline in both importance and 'fame' from playing in the English Championship to playing for a diddy bumpkin outfit every week. 

Swing and a miss then.

'But is no longer ANY of these'. What you are saying is that Dobbie is no longer 'good' at football, which is fairly laughable considering he has 38 goals this season, which is only 2 less than the entirety of your shambolic outfit.

37 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Mind you, I seem to recall you visiting the Ayr thread last season to dish out some kind of 'point and laugh' exercise for the signing of Lawrence Shankland, so evidently your eye for a player is as good as your current manager

Shite.

FTFY

43 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Mind you, I seem to recall you visiting the Ayr thread last season to dish out some kind of 'point and laugh' exercise for the signing of Lawrence Shankland, so evidently your eye for a player is as good as your patter.

To be fair to Viking (shudder)  everyone was guilty of that the day Shanks signed.  McCall must have been the only one that wasn't, which is why there has been very little criticism or questioning of his signings since among Ayr fans.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

17 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

'But is no longer ANY of these'. What you are saying is that Dobbie is no longer 'good' at football, which is fairly laughable considering he has 38 goals this season, which is only 2 less than the entirety of your shambolic outfit.

'Any of these' meaning 'whichever of the terms was originally used to describe the person'.  For example, an actor who used to play a major part in Eastenders but is now doing the pantomime in Skegness for a living is a 'has-been' in terms of their fame and importance; regardless of whether they're still any good at their profession or not. 

Comprehension of the English language doesn't seem to be your strong suit, but I'm sure that we can walk you through this one stage at a time. 

Edited by vikingTON