Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I’ve been saying for months that Alloa are certain to finish bottom but I’ve been shot down several times. People overrate them due to doing better than expected, being competitive in most games and being better than horrendous Thistle/Falkirk sides. The revival of these two sides has barely started yet they’re only, what, a point or two below Alloa?

A closer look at Alloa's results shows plucky draws(one against us) and all but one of their league wins on their home 6 aside park yet they claim they cant play on it.

They only have Partick and Dunfermline at home to play now, then Falkirk away Morton away and Partick away

Alloa for me wont finish any higher than 9th

1 hour ago, yoda said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

• there's not one team in this league that deserves to be promoted so relegate St Mirren and Dundee, and go with a 10 team topflight
  • there's five teams in this league that are just awful so relegate Morton, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Alloa, and Thistle to a 24 team seaside league
  • promote Arbroath and go with an 8 team Championship next season

This probably sounded funnier in your whatsapp "#BANTZ" group chat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
  • there's not one team in this league that deserves to be promoted so relegate St Mirren and Dundee, and go with a 10 team topflight
  • there's five teams in this league that are just awful so relegate Morton, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Alloa, and Thistle to a 24 team seaside league
  • promote Arbroath and go with an 8 team Championship next season

Why don’t we just throw the teuchters back into the Highland League where they belong?

Long overdue imo.

I'll have a stab at it

6 Falkirk

7 Morton

8 Partick Thistle

9 Alloa

10 Dunfermline

Alloa to win relegation play off and stay up.

Who knows though, it could finish in any order really as there's not much seperating the teams down there at all

Thankful my teams not involved! 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would imagine Dundee United and Ross County would be able to.

However I’m not looking at Dobbies wage in isolation. The average wage at the club will be evened out by the rest of the squad who will be earning a lot less than Dobbie.

Average wage is a useless measurement. 

2 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Queens are going about things the right way. 

They're really not. No club posting losses like that is going about things the right way. 

3 hours ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Queens are going about things the right way. More teams should follow this model. 

If they replaced Dobbie with 3 other players on peanuts wages they'd be shit and probably relegated. 

Other seaside candidates should follow suit. Pay one player much more than others and hope he doesn't get injured 

This “model” is reliant on there being a player who is willing to play for a team that’s clearly below his level, in a league that’s clearly below his level, out of his love for that team. Dobbie wouldn’t be playing for County, United, Falkirk or Thistle for £2k a week - if Queens wasn’t an option to him he’d be either in our top flight or down south somewhere.

What’s happening with him right now is basically an anomaly, and even if everyone else in the league wanted to follow this kind of model/strategy, they’d struggle to find the sort of fit that makes it worthwhile.

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I think Alloa might be alright in the end. They never stop fighting and could easily have sneaked a draw at the end on Saturday from scrambled corners. Goodwin's instilled his own battling qualities into them and I think they'll keep going to the finish. Morton however look gutless and demoralised. They might have better players than Alloa but, like Dunfermline, they're being badly managed and don't look like they can be arsed. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Morton and Dunfermline go down.

Been at the bottom all year and realy poor when we have played you so gutless must mean something different to what's in the PED!

What good fun this thread is sadly not many realist have bothered to contribute.

Let's look at the facts.

Points on the doors are what counts.

I feel that the Ton are having a poor season but expect us to get 13 points out of the 39 that are up for grabs.

Earlier on someone (Partick man) noted that stats show 42 points give you a 99.4% chance of survival.  I am happy with those odds.

This season is also pretty even so no stragglers so it will bunch up I think bottom could be as high as 38. So Fawkirk need 40 points min or 16 from 36.

Best of luck.  It's a pity but I fear for Partick T and hope Alloa pip the mighty Fawkirk.

Maybe Ayr next season.

Loving the current myths that Queen of the South are a club on the up and A Good Model For All Of Us, while Morton are a relegation-bound basketcase. What with there being one single point separating the two sides, with Morton’s main striker having been injured and playing three games all season instead of carrying a squad of utter dross almost every week.

Both will finish midtable with the fork stuck in their latest, mediocre campaigns before the clocks go forward.

Loving the current myths that Queen of the South are a club on the up and A Good Model For All Of Us, while Morton are a relegation-bound basketcase. What with there being one single point separating the two sides, with Morton’s main striker having been injured and playing three games all season instead of carrying a squad of utter dross almost every week.

Both will finish midtable with the fork stuck in their latest, mediocre campaigns before the clocks go forward.

Whilst there may only be one point separating the two teams anyone can see that QOTS are a pretty decent team carries by one of the best players in the league. They’ve got a hard working bunch of players and have proven themselves capable of getting themselves into the play offs with resounding wins over us and Ross County.

Morton on the other hand are verging on going into free fall. 3 defeats on the trot, 2 of which were to teams below you doesn’t inspire confidence. With a manager way out his depth and a chairman more concerned with legal battles trying to deflect from the shambles on the park nothing good is coming out of Greenock. Nothing new there though.

QOTS will likely finish 4 after Dobbie scores his 100th goal of the campaign and Morton will narrowly avoid 10th only to slump to East Fife again only this time in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

This “model” is reliant on there being a player who is willing to play for a team that’s clearly below his level, in a league that’s clearly below his level, out of his love for that team. Dobbie wouldn’t be playing for County, United, Falkirk or Thistle for £2k a week - if Queens wasn’t an option to him he’d be either in our top flight or down south somewhere.

What’s happening with him right now is basically an anomaly, and even if everyone else in the league wanted to follow this kind of model/strategy, they’d struggle to find the sort of fit that makes it worthwhile.

Made even worse when you consider that he's only at QoS because he isn't good enough for his beloved Rangers.

Whilst there may only be one point separating the two teams anyone can see that QOTS are a pretty decent team carries by one of the best players in the league. They’ve got a hard working bunch of players and have proven themselves capable of getting themselves into the play offs with resounding wins over us and Ross County.

Morton on the other hand are verging on going into free fall. 3 defeats on the trot, 2 of which were to teams below you doesn’t inspire confidence. With a manager way out his depth and a chairman more concerned with legal battles trying to deflect from the shambles on the park nothing good is coming out of Greenock. Nothing new there though.

QOTS will likely finish 4 after Dobbie scores his 100th goal of the campaign and Morton will narrowly avoid 10th only to slump to East Fife again only this time in the playoffs.

Yeah, I’m afraid that you’re just shite at this champ.

6. Dunfermline  Will get their act together and better players back from injury to see themselves ok.

7. Falkirk  At the moment look to have turned the corner, if they don’t loose to any in this Mini League  ( 5 games ) will move upwards.

8. Morton  Got a bit of a gap but won’t finish very well.

9.  Partick Not convinced they have improved too much

10. Alloa Will pick up points but don’t win enough away from home, but will still get a few home wins.

Probably go to the final day with various permutations involving 4 from the 5.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

The perfect summary of Dobbiegate.