Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Surely crowds aside the morally correct relegation would be failkirk. Stealing managers, abusing disabled people, using up 40 players a season. Sub human scum imo.
The real shame here is that too many folk will just skim this post and not see the wee failkirk sneaked in the middle.

Criminal but this post will end up severely undervalued IMO

How many other teams in the league have the resources to pay 1 player the wages Dobbie is rumoured to be on?

I would imagine Dundee United and Ross County would be able to.

However I’m not looking at Dobbies wage in isolation. The average wage at the club will be evened out by the rest of the squad who will be earning a lot less than Dobbie.

It’s all guess work as no one really knows the definitive sums of money being paid to every player in the league but I would imagine the average wage being paid by QoTS is lower than most teams in this league. Or would you disagree with that?
Alloa, Ayr, Morton and probably Inverness will all have lower budgets than QoS.

Ayr and Alloa yes. Morton I would imagine will have a higher budget. They’re probably on a par with ICT.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I would imagine Dundee United and Ross County would be able to.

However I’m not looking at Dobbies wage in isolation. The average wage at the club will be evened out by the rest of the squad who will be earning a lot less than Dobbie.

It’s all guess work as no one really knows the definitive sums of money being paid to every player in the league but I would imagine the average wage being paid by QoTS is lower than most teams in this league. Or would you disagree with that?

Ayr and Alloa yes. Morton I would imagine will have a higher budget. They’re probably on a par with ICT.

I don't agree with that, no.

You admit yourself their budget is more/similar to another 4 teams in the league of 10, so I'm not sure where the "thin resources" thing comes into it.

I don't agree with that, no.
You admit yourself their budget is more/similar to another 4 teams in the league of 10, so I'm not sure where the "thin resources" thing comes into it.

They’re above Partick, Dunfermline, Falkirk and Morton. All teams who I would imagine will have bigger budgets.

By thin resources I wasn’t insinuating they’re living off scraps, they’re an established Championship side so that’s clearly not the case, but I’d say for what they are paying all the their players I wouldn’t have had them down as play off contenders.

I think Alloa might be alright in the end. They never stop fighting and could easily have sneaked a draw at the end on Saturday from scrambled corners. Goodwin's instilled his own battling qualities into them and I think they'll keep going to the finish. Morton however look gutless and demoralised. They might have better players than Alloa but, like Dunfermline, they're being badly managed and don't look like they can be arsed. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Morton and Dunfermline go down.

Whilst ourselves and Partick have picked up i still see a few other teams being dragged into this and it going to go to the wire but in all honesty i reckon a 3 way between Dunfermline, Morton and Alloa for the bottom 3. All i can say is its going to go to the wire and a couple of teams bottles to crash enough to drag them down and on that i would say Dunfermline and Morton.

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

I think Alloa might be alright in the end. They never stop fighting and could easily have sneaked a draw at the end on Saturday from scrambled corners. Goodwin's instilled his own battling qualities into them and I think they'll keep going to the finish. Morton however look gutless and demoralised. They might have better players than Alloa but, like Dunfermline, they're being badly managed and don't look like they can be arsed. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Morton and Dunfermline go down.

If Morton do go down their fans should be absolutely furious with Rae.

Quite why he thought appointing Johansson was acceptable at that time is a mystery.

He'll be completely to blame for this mess.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’re above Partick, Dunfermline, Falkirk and Morton. All teams who I would imagine will have bigger budgets.

By thin resources I wasn’t insinuating they’re living off scraps, they’re an established Championship side so that’s clearly not the case, but I’d say for what they are paying all the their players I wouldn’t have had them down as play off contenders.

I'm not sure the under-achievement of others is relevant here (I'm not sure Morton's budget will be any better but we can leave that there). They have a mid-table budget and are sitting mid-table. They've also got the resources to sign a guy who can punt in 40 goals by February so it's perhaps not surprising that they're in with a shout of play-offs.

I'm not sure the under-achievement of others is relevant here (I'm not sure Morton's budget will be any better but we can leave that there). They have a mid-table budget and are sitting mid-table. They've also got the resources to sign a guy who can punt in 40 goals by February so it's perhaps not surprising that they're in with a shout of play-offs.

Maybe not as Dobbie is a clear match winner but looking through the rest of the squad with the exception of Todd, Low and Aird it’s very average. That’s not a criticism either. It’s a credit to Naysmith for building a team around a very good player and getting the absolute best out of him.

47 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Queens are going about things the right way. More teams should follow this model. 

If they replaced Dobbie with 3 other players on peanuts wages they'd be shit and probably relegated. 

Other seaside candidates should follow suit. Pay one player much more than others and hope he doesn't get injured 

They're hemorrhaging cash at a completely unsustainable rate and are talking about having to go part-time due to their tiny support. It's a model which will drive them into the ground. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

The real shame here is that too many folk will just skim this post and not see the wee failkirk sneaked in the middle.

Criminal but this post will end up severely undervalued IMO

Failkirk.......my God, it says so much more about the OP than it does about the intended target. It’s such a joy when things pan out that way.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

• there's not one team in this league that deserves to be promoted so relegate St Mirren and Dundee, and go with a 10 team topflight
  • there's five teams in this league that are just awful so relegate Morton, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Alloa, and Thistle to a 24 team seaside league
  • promote Arbroath and go with an 8 team Championship next season

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

They're hemorrhaging cash at a completely unsustainable rate and are talking about having to go part-time due to their tiny support. It's a model which will drive them into the ground. 

As mentioned previously, just adopt the West Lothian operating and financial model, and all money worries simply disappear. Full time squad of 24 plus management and overheads totally feasible on crowds of 750 apparently, so Queens should have cash to spare.

11 minutes ago, yoda said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

• there's not one team in this league that deserves to be promoted so relegate St Mirren and Dundee, and go with a 10 team topflight
  • there's five teams in this league that are just awful so relegate Morton, Dunfermline, Falkirk, Alloa, and Thistle to a 24 team seaside league
  • promote Arbroath and go with an 8 team Championship next season

5c619dd94d2ac_what(1).gif.38528fd2084428d9259e2f86ffb92890.gif