Relegation Royal Rumble

Golden Bucket and Spade Winner 2018-2019  

563 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They have the highest paid player in the league in their side. 

Yep and the rest of the squad will be on considerably lower wages than he will I would imagine. Not to mention that his wages are reportedly paid for outside the clubs playing budget.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yep and the rest of the squad will be on considerably lower wages than he will I would imagine. Not to mention that his wages are reportedly paid for outside the clubs playing budget.

It doesn’t matter what “budget” it comes from, he’s being paid to play for Queens.

Edited by eez-eh

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Regardless of whether someone else is paying for it or not, it's still resources the club can call on.  I'm sure SD or Mr X will have more knowledge on Dobbie's wage and probably shoot me down here, but if his rumoured wage is anywhere near correct then I'd expect that to equal about a third of what Alloa pay to their entire squad each week. It's a bit disingenuous to not include that in budget discussions IMO.

EDIT - I should add this isn't a slight on Queens, if your club are able to source that kind of money to fund that type of player then hug credit should go to them for it.

Edited by The Moonster

3 hours ago, LauriestonBairn said:

On that basis Dunfermline will be coming down with us. Monkey chants at opposition players, mocking a young kid who tragically lost his life on the training ground.

Watch you don’t hurt yourself coming down from that high horse.

He was clearly joking you joyless p***k.

2 hours ago, LauriestonBairn said:

At what point did I say our fans were angels? Just fed up with Dunfermline fans taking the moral high ground and passing judgement on other fans. Every club has their fair share of arsehole fans, and I include Falkirk in that.

Examples please. You make it sound like something that happens all the time.

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Surely crowds aside the morally correct relegation would be failkirk. Stealing managers, abusing disabled people, using up 40 players a season. Sub human scum imo.

Financial armageddon again for pars please, financial cheats should never prosper.

The general consensus seems to be that ourselves and thistle are on the up and will be safe, I cant speak for Thistle but I still feel we have a long way to go but winning does breed confidence in which both teams have started 2019 in that manner yet one of us is bottom of the league still.

The last 5 games or so run in could have a factor if teams are playing clubs who are either in no mans land and safe or someone who has their play off position or league winners already settled, where teams tend to be weakened in the run up to a play off or their season is done

QoS are pretty much safe with the Dobbie show to come out to help their case, I think ICT could be one to sink lower than QoS but not enough to a relegation battle.

Id have Alloa as bottom and Dunfermline as 9th due tho the tear stained excuse they have as their manager, tho Alloa still could surprise us and even reach 9th, I came out of Saturdays game thinking the best Alloa will do is 9th now

It doesn’t matter what “budget” it comes from, he’s being paid to play for Queens.

Regardless of whether someone else is paying for it or not, it's still resources the club can call on.  I'm sure SD or Mr X will have more knowledge on Dobbie's wage and probably shoot me down here, but if his rumoured wage is anywhere near correct then I'd expect that to equal about a third of what Alloa pay to their entire squad each week. It's a bit disingenuous to not include that in budget discussions IMO.
EDIT - I should add this isn't a slight on Queens, if your club are able to source that kind of money to fund that type of player then hug credit should go to them for it.

My original point still stands then. He may be the highest paid player in the league (I’ve still no idea what that figure is) but the rest of the squad is mainly lower Championship/upper League One players, with the exception of 2 or 3 others. These players will likely be paid as such.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

My original point still stands then. He may be the highest paid player in the league (I’ve still no idea what that figure is) but the rest of the squad is mainly lower Championship/upper League One players, with the exception of 2 or 3 others. These players will likely be paid as such.

It doesn’t mean you can just discount him when people start talking about budgets and squad strength though. Regardless of who is paying for him, Dobbie is a resource (and an excellent one at that) that Gary Naysmith has at his disposal.

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Think we could pay at least a couple players with the difference of Dobbie's rumoured wages assuming its still the 2k thats been bandied about and 1/3 of our weekly squad wages tbh.

It doesn’t mean you can just discount him when people start talking about budgets and squad strength though. Regardless of who is paying for him, Dobbie is a resource (and an excellent one at that) that Gary Naysmith has at his disposal.

I’m not discounting him here. However I’d still bet that if you compared budgets in this league Queens would still have one of the lower ones. Regardless if Dobbie plays for them or not.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Your original point suggested they have thin resources. That is demonstrably false when they're employing Stephen Dobbie.

24 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Financial armageddon again for pars please, financial cheats should never prosper.

The general consensus seems to be that ourselves and thistle are on the up and will be safe, I cant speak for Thistle but I still feel we have a long way to go but winning does breed confidence in which both teams have started 2019 in that manner yet one of us is bottom of the league still.

The last 5 games or so run in could have a factor if teams are playing clubs who are either in no mans land and safe or someone who has their play off position or league winners already settled, where teams tend to be weakened in the run up to a play off or their season is done

QoS are pretty much safe with the Dobbie show to come out to help their case, I think ICT could be one to sink lower than QoS but not enough to a relegation battle.

Id have Alloa as bottom and Dunfermline as 9th due tho the tear stained excuse they have as their manager, tho Alloa still could surprise us and even reach 9th, I came out of Saturdays game thinking the best Alloa will do is 9th now

JS22515066.jpg.ccb679ba3c83688f2b00e080f1c7c1ec.jpg

While ourselves and Falkirk do seem to have improved, and Alloa seem to be going in the other direction, we could just as easily be here on Saturday night talking about how Alloa have just pumped us and everything starts to look different.  Easy enough for Falkirk to slide too.

Personally, I think we'll both be alright, and Alloa might end up running out of steam, which will be a shame.  They've looked much better than they've been given credit for when I've watched them at Firhill.  Morton to go into the playoffs, but as long as it's not us I don't really care.