Aberdeen v St Mirren

2 hours ago, Montyferret said:

As Del Boy admitted before the game he had ground staff water the pitch should he take the blame for the injury? As this direct action has caused serious injury to the player.

should Players Union be involved to protect its members from managers decision to alter the playing surface and put players careers at risk?

Survey required of all players except Aberdeen too see if Del Boy should be outlawed?

Good luck to guy who got injured and hope it’s not as bad as thought. 

You're either a bitter as f*ck Killie fan, or Stevie G. 

Which one is it? 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bob Mahelp
38 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I counted 4 clear chances in the second half. Aside from the goal, there was the Lyons header just wide of the post, the Jackson chance and the one Kyle McAllister cut along the by line and hit a dig at a narrow angle that the keeper saved.

I bow to your superior knowledge of what a 'clear chance' is. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
52 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

All about opinions. I thought we huffed and puffed and did nothing (except the McGinn sitter and a Cosgrove header).

To compare St Mirren to Stenhousemuir is bizarre. They sat in yes but created arguably clearer chances than we did.

I agree with your first sentence. We were awful, and as I alluded to earlier, I've no complaints at all at St Mirren earning a point. 

I can't say I thought them any better though than the last few times we've played (and hammered) them at Pittodrie.  

My comparison with Stenhousemuir stands. Both they and St Mirren were organised and competent defensively. They both sat in for long periods and stood and watched us pass the ball sideways while they organised 10 men in front of us. And both took advantage of a defence that looks utterly terrified, to score against us. 

As you say, it's all about opinions. 

11 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You've helped me find a new profile photo, so the day isn't a complete loss. 

Cheers :thumsup2

Your team also got a point despite being 2nd best in clear cut chances created.  Not all bad. 

We're just a black and white  Stenny .

Have to be honest, that was utterly predictable. We have been absolutely shite at home this season. Really struggled to break teams down while throwing away silly goals. We seem to play with little strategy other than lumping long or hanging up hopeful crosses into the box (mainly of poor quality). We barely seem to run at teams and open them up.

Too many of our senior players just turn up and expect to win automatically. Today, the likes of Shinnie, GMS, McGinn and Devlin played with little thought to their work and ultimately were just not good enough. Not a one off this season.

Defensively at home, we are a shambles. Make so many silly errors, so many cheap goals. Really really poor.

The manager does not address it but rather prefers to keep putting out senior players who keep underperforming.

Simply put I'm very pissed off with things this season. Struggling to justify it next season.

In no way is this a slight on St Mirren. They defended superbly well, came with an effective game plan and executed it to perfection. Even with injuries and ten men, they generally stood stout. Created as many, if not more, chances than us. They deserved their point fully.

49 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Why does every Dons match thread end up with Killie fans greeting about Gorgeous Greg?

To be fair, I watched Greg Stewart  leave Ethan Erhahon a gibbering mess at Rugby Park about 7 weeks ago. 

There was not even so much as a sign of that today. 

On the other hand, Sam Cosgrove was a fucking hopeless pie until he first same face to face with us and now he cannot stop scoring. 

2 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

You're either a bitter as f*ck Killie fan, or Stevie G. 

Which one is it? 

I can confirm neither of the above. 

With the recent outpouring of drivel about plastic pitches I found it quite annoying that no one will look at this issue of managers requesting things done to pitches as it doesn’t suit the agenda. Had the pitch not been watered would the injury have occurred?

In similar sized  countries with similar budgets it makes sense. 

Strangely got a picture on Facebook of Slippy G shaking hands with artificial grass supplier who did it at his house? Have to watch if his family play on it.

Did the lack of grass effect the players in the 70s no. Did Dalglish souness etc complain no! Got on with their job. 

Are the players of today better no.

Doesnt suit the agenda.

Archived