Aberdeen v St Mirren

34 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We’re you at the game? If you were, you would have seen your goalkeeper doing the usual walking about with the ball , having a look around, when he eventually puts the ball on the ground, usually on the other side of the box from where he picked the ball up from, goes back, slowly, to the post  banging his studs, every time he took a kick. As I said, I don’t blame the keeper because they all do it when it suits their team, but the referee has to take control of the keeper, which Craig Thomson certainly didn’t do on Saturday.

St Mirren players also kicked ball away after almost every foul given against them but as you said cannot blame them as Thomson was letting them away with it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
St Mirren players also kicked ball away after almost every foul given against them but as you said cannot blame them as Thomson was letting them away with it.
Thomson is just a shit referee.
Shinnie should have been booked.
Saints forward should have been off.
He had a linesman using "not offside until you touch it" and the other using the old (proper?) rule.
Most Scottish refs are gash apart from the rare European game where they turn into Collina

35 minutes ago, scoobles said:

Thomson is just a shit referee.
Shinnie should have been booked.
Saints forward should have been off.
He had a linesman using "not offside until you touch it" and the other using the old (proper?) rule.
Most Scottish refs are gash apart from the rare European game where they turn into Collina

You forgot, a linesman giving the wrong offside decision against St Mirren that most probably would have resulted in a goal for us. 

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

You forgot, a linesman giving the wrong offside decision against St Mirren that most probably would have resulted in a goal for us. 

The ball was flicked on when the Saints player was actually offside, hence the flag.

46 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The ball was flicked on when the Saints player was actually offside, hence the flag.

It really doesn’t look like it did.

On the video on the Sportscene Watch thread, despite someone changing the video speed as the ball passes Jackson :-), the ball doesn’t change direction, and Jackson doesn’t change his body shape in any way as the ball passes.

Think if there was another camera angle it’d show a fair distance between him and the ball.

As I said though, Sportscene should have show it from a couple of angles so it could be shown to be either an amazing decision or an awful one.

Mind you, this particular linesman used his X-Ray vision to give a goal to Killie when it was physically impossible for a NORMAL human to see it.

Some guy Douglas Ross!

Thought both teams were quite poor tbh although St Mirren did defend well at times and Aberdeen just lacked that final pass. All goals were easily avoidable and better defending would have seen these goals easily avoided. Penalty was a stonewaller yet a few Aberdeen fans around me were giving the ref pelters for the decision.

Great scenes in the away end when St Mirren scored the 2nd but I always felt Aberdeen would come back as it was basically wave after wave of attacks. Thought they’d go on to get the winner tbh but sadly from a Dundee point of view, they never.

Archived