Aberdeen v St Mirren

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no hiding from that - dismal performance and really poor result. Credit to St Mirren, but they didn't even have to do anything special to take something from the game, which is the most frustrating thing. So many bizarre decisions and brainless mistakes, typified by Cosgrove at the penalty. Mackay-Steven unfortunately looks a very pale shadow of the player he was pre-injury, although he was far from the only culprit today. That makes it just one win in our last six at Pittodrie, and that was against lower league opposition. 

On 10/02/2019 at 18:50, Frank Grimes said:

Hopefully a straight forward win here

Every point is a prisoner at this stage 

3-0 the Dandies 

On 10/02/2019 at 19:02, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Cosgrove hatrick. 

5-1

On 10/02/2019 at 19:41, AngusTheBull said:

If we score less than 4 I’ll be disappointed. 

Ballon d’Or with a double (one penalty)

Well one of you called it correctly- every point is indeed a prisoner.  

Just a pity Jackson never scored to make it 3-1 Saints.  

Oh well , something to build on.

There's no hiding from that - dismal performance and really poor result. Credit to St Mirren, but they didn't even have to do anything special to take something from the game, which is the most frustrating thing. So many bizarre decisions and brainless mistakes, typified by Cosgrove at the penalty. Mackay-Steven unfortunately looks a very pale shadow of the player he was pre-injury, although he was far from the only culprit today. That makes it just one win in our last six at Pittodrie, and that was against lower league opposition. 

GMS was by far the worst but Shinnie was a disgrace today as well.
Bit of a coincidence ?

Wilson deserves more game time.

Gleeson doesn’t deserve the predictable stick he gets from the “support”.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

That's the last we'll see of Hoban, I fear. Clearly a very serious injury - screaming and obviously in absolute agony. 

As Del Boy admitted before the game he had ground staff water the pitch should he take the blame for the injury? As this direct action has caused serious injury to the player.

should Players Union be involved to protect its members from managers decision to alter the playing surface and put players careers at risk?

Survey required of all players except Aberdeen too see if Del Boy should be outlawed?

Good luck to guy who got injured and hope it’s not as bad as thought. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Our defence is fucking rank and we're a goal down before we start a game these days. McInnes's arrogance in choosing not to strengthen during the transfer window is costing us week in, week out. 

St Mirren just used the tried and tested template that saw the likes of Stenhousemuir get a draw at Pittodrie......9 man defence and the occasional massive lump up the park that puts our whole defence into waves of panic.  Credit to them, they did what they had to do. 

If we didn't have to play another home game this season, I'd be delighted. Unfortunately, we'll have to....and that'll see an end to our season in a fortnight. 

38 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Our defence is fucking rank and we're a goal down before we start a game these days. McInnes's arrogance in choosing not to strengthen during the transfer window is costing us week in, week out. 

St Mirren just used the tried and tested template that saw the likes of Stenhousemuir get a draw at Pittodrie......9 man defence and the occasional massive lump up the park that puts our whole defence into waves of panic.  Credit to them, they did what they had to do. 

If we didn't have to play another home game this season, I'd be delighted. Unfortunately, we'll have to....and that'll see an end to our season in a fortnight. 

Stenhousemuir,  you're funny.  We had the 2 best chances of the 2nd half out with the goals. For all your possession,  you were pretty toothless in the final 3rd.

Well that was horrific from pretty much everybody. A frustratingly lacklustre, sloppy, and insipid performance to deliver on the day Sevco also drop points.

Our crossing from good positions was so poor (again) and our shooting from distance was shanked hit-n-hopes that never threatened.

McGinn’s shocking fluff in the first half was a microcosm of our performance - under no pressure he some how almost spooned the ball over the Merkland from about 8 yards with the keeper already all but on his erse.

Worryingly that’s 17 goals we have shipped in our last 10 home games. Considering we had two clean sheets (Kili & Hearts) in that run, we have averaged worse than -2 in the other 8 games. That’s a dire stat.

We were lucky not to concede a 3rd today too. What the heckers was Devlin doing when Jackson waltzed straight round him to get a shot away - we were lucky he blazed wide. Lewis rightly roasted Mikey.

Think that’s harsh on St Mirren.

I thought they had a couple of decent chances and were a quick pass away from opening us up on countless other occasions. They more than deserved a point (at least).

We just disregarded defending and went all out attack from early on, but don’t have the midfield to play this way nor did we use any width for large spells of the game. Predictable stuff.

On 12/02/2019 at 14:19, kingjoey said:

I hate being too optimistic before matches, but it’s difficult not to be for a home match against St Mirren.

I vow never to post about a prediction of one of our games ever again.

Guest Bob Mahelp
18 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Stenhousemuir,  you're funny.  We had the 2 best chances of the 2nd half out with the goals. For all your possession,  you were pretty toothless in the final 3rd.

Don't get carried away. You've just confirmed my point. One attack in the first half and two in the second half, and you scored two goals due to our panicking defence. 

The rest of the time you had 10 men behind the ball.  If you notice, I gave St Mirren credit for coming and doing what you set out to do. 

It's Aberdeen's job to get past that ten man defence and score goals. We didn't do that often enough....ergo, we were shite. 

You'll still go down though. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Think that’s harsh on St Mirren.

I thought they had a couple of decent chances and were a quick pass away from opening us up on countless other occasions. They more than deserved a point (at least).

We just disregarded defending and went all out attack from early on, but don’t have the midfield to play this way nor did we use any width for large spells of the game. Predictable stuff.

That's a bizarre comment. 

We were garbage, but to suggest that St Mirren deserved more than a point is pretty mental. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Don't get carried away. You've just confirmed my point. One attack in the first half and two in the second half, and you scored two goals due to our panicking defence. 

The rest of the time you had 10 men behind the ball.  If you notice, I gave St Mirren credit for coming and doing what you set out to do. 

It's Aberdeen's job to get past that ten man defence and score goals. We didn't do that often enough....ergo, we were shite. 

You'll still go down though. 

Enjoy your season petering out yet again.

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Munoz said:

Enjoy your season petering out yet again.

You mean like it has in previous seasons ? 2nd places, and cup finals and semi finals ? 

Lolz. 

We're not good enough this season to match that, but cheers for giving us a laugh with your remarkable lack of knowledge of Scottish football :lol:

That's a bizarre comment. 

We were garbage, but to suggest that St Mirren deserved more than a point is pretty mental. 

All about opinions. I thought we huffed and puffed and did nothing (except the McGinn sitter and a Cosgrove header).

To compare St Mirren to Stenhousemuir is bizarre. They sat in yes but created arguably clearer chances than we did.

16 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

One attack in the first half and two in the second half, and you scored two goals due to our panicking defence. 

I counted 4 clear chances in the second half. Aside from the goal, there was the Lyons header just wide of the post, the Jackson chance and the one Kyle McAllister cut along the by line and hit a dig at a narrow angle that the keeper saved.

1 hour ago, Montyferret said:

As Del Boy admitted before the game he had ground staff water the pitch should he take the blame for the injury? As this direct action has caused serious injury to the player.

should Players Union be involved to protect its members from managers decision to alter the playing surface and put players careers at risk?

Survey required of all players except Aberdeen too see if Del Boy should be outlawed?

Good luck to guy who got injured and hope it’s not as bad as thought. 

There's been a few serious injuries at Pittodrie this season if I recall correctly.Was it a Hearts player and at least one other Aberdeen player? Is the pitch in significantly poorer condition or is it just that McInnes is as good as managing the pitch as he is at managing certain players?

Archived