Aberdeen v St Mirren

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, G-MAN said:

GMS was by far the worst but Shinnie was a disgrace today as well.
Bit of a coincidence ?

Wilson deserves more game time.

Gleeson doesn’t deserve the predictable stick he gets from the “support”.

Shinnie's performances have been much more variable this season than in previous campaigns, although I'm not necessarily convinced that it's contract-related. I thought he was excellent against Hibs and Rangers, but you could be forgiven for thinking that it was a different person wearing his shirt today and against QotS - this might be because there is more emphasis on his ball-winning and his combativeness (his strengths) against the former, but more on his ability to create and unlock (not his strengths) against the latter.

In all honesty, I probably underestimated how much Shinnie would miss McLean, who was not only a technically gifted midfielder but one who had more strings to his bow and, as good as Ferguson and Shinnie are capable of being individually, just offered us a different dimension in midfield to anything we have in the squad now, especially against deep, packed defences.

Gleeson is the type of player you might want to bring on when you are defending a narrow lead with 20 minutes to go against top-six opposition, but I don't think he's a player you want to be turning to when you are drawing 1-1 at home with the team at the bottom of the league with a full half to play. Everything he did seemed quite safe and conservative, but it just further emphasised that we are missing a McLean 'type' in the middle of the park. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Aberdeen bust my coupon yet again. Shower of Fannies.

Yet you keep putting Aberdeen on your coupon.

Who's the fanny now ?

IMG_20190217_091512.thumb.jpg.fb218ccf9d4d0f1f4dc116cae2663d93.jpg

Sore one, the offside decision made where McAllister ran through and lobbed the keeper. 

That would have made it 3-1. Really poor decision. Linesman is both ahead of the play and had a cracking marker in the cut of the pitch to make the decision. 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

IMG_20190217_091512.thumb.jpg.fb218ccf9d4d0f1f4dc116cae2663d93.jpg

Sore one, the offside decision made where McAllister ran through and lobbed the keeper. 

That would have made it 3-1. Really poor decision. Linesman is both ahead of the play and had a cracking marker in the cut of the pitch to make the decision. 

Is that the Right Honourable MP for Morayshire, Douglas Ross, running that line?

1 hour ago, starryfish said:

It is, that’s two absolute shockers he’s had at Pittodrie in his two most recent visits

At St Mirren Park, the local SNP MSP - who is Saints daft - sits right behind him.

He also seems to have a shocker every time he visits us too.

Conspiracy theories aside, how on earth can you miss something as clear cut as that.

The way the park is cut makes it even more unfathomable.

As Del Boy admitted before the game he had ground staff water the pitch should he take the blame for the injury? As this direct action has caused serious injury to the player.
should Players Union be involved to protect its members from managers decision to alter the playing surface and put players careers at risk?
Survey required of all players except Aberdeen too see if Del Boy should be outlawed?
Good luck to guy who got injured and hope it’s not as bad as thought. 

Pittodrie is the best surface in the league right now.

17 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

At St Mirren Park, the local SNP MSP - who is Saints daft - sits right behind him.

He also seems to have a shocker every time he visits us too.

Conspiracy theories aside, how on earth can you miss something as clear cut as that.

The way the park cut makes it even more unfathomable.

Someone on twitter suggesting that it takes a wee nick off Jackson's head on the way which would actually make it the right decision. Would need to see if that's the case though. 

I don’t blame time wasting tactics on the team doing it, although it’s obviously really frustrating for the team on the receiving end, we all do it to suit how the match is going at any given time. However, there is no excuse for the referee not doing something about it. Keepers should be booked for persistent, and I mean persistent, time wasting, but this hardly ever happens. Players should be booked, again for persistent fannying about at throw ins and fouls, but again hardly ever happens. In my opinion it is the referees to blame for this rather than the players.

16 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Shinnie's performances have been much more variable this season than in previous campaigns, although I'm not necessarily convinced that it's contract-related. I thought he was excellent against Hibs and Rangers, but you could be forgiven for thinking that it was a different person wearing his shirt today and against QotS - this might be because there is more emphasis on his ball-winning and his combativeness (his strengths) against the former, but more on his ability to create and unlock (not his strengths) against the latter.

In all honesty, I probably underestimated how much Shinnie would miss McLean, who was not only a technically gifted midfielder but one who had more strings to his bow and, as good as Ferguson and Shinnie are capable of being individually, just offered us a different dimension in midfield to anything we have in the squad now, especially against deep, packed defences.

Gleeson is the type of player you might want to bring on when you are defending a narrow lead with 20 minutes to go against top-six opposition, but I don't think he's a player you want to be turning to when you are drawing 1-1 at home with the team at the bottom of the league with a full half to play. Everything he did seemed quite safe and conservative, but it just further emphasised that we are missing a McLean 'type' in the middle of the park. 

Spot on. Surprised in the signing windows a creative midfielder wasn’t brought in.

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I don’t blame time wasting tactics on the team doing it, although it’s obviously really frustrating for the team on the receiving end, we all do it to suit how the match is going at any given time. However, there is no excuse for the referee not doing something about it. Keepers should be booked for persistent, and I mean persistent, time wasting, but this hardly ever happens. Players should be booked, again for persistent fannying about at throw ins and fouls, but again hardly ever happens. In my opinion it is the referees to blame for this rather than the players.

Who was time wasting? 

Disappointed not to see Saints ‘third goal’ not even shown on Sportscene tonight.

Especially when they did a little bit about McAllister, and it was he that ‘scored’ it.

I assume there’ll be extended highlights somewhere?

20 hours ago, Munoz said:

Who was time wasting? 

We’re you at the game? If you were, you would have seen your goalkeeper doing the usual walking about with the ball , having a look around, when he eventually puts the ball on the ground, usually on the other side of the box from where he picked the ball up from, goes back, slowly, to the post  banging his studs, every time he took a kick. As I said, I don’t blame the keeper because they all do it when it suits their team, but the referee has to take control of the keeper, which Craig Thomson certainly didn’t do on Saturday.

Archived