Queens v Dundee Utd

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Are we going to get this from every team he doesn’t score against? :huh:

That's the cross you have to bear having a fucking goal machine like that playing for you.

Reckon he's worth it.....

Thought we deserved a point for our second half performance,  pretty much one way traffic to the Utd goal. Maybe we should play with 10 men every week, we did a lot better than with 11......

First half wasn’t great, we were struggling, United were better and created some chances, although Martin didn’t have to make any save other than routine. Then there was that bizarre incident, a long through ball going nowhere, Wilson could have blootered it anywhere but he passes to Maguire who has a brain fade and scuffs it to Martin, next thing we’re a goal down and a man down.

I feared the worst for the second half but the United onslaught failed to materialise.   We had lots of chances, hit the bar, but at the end of the day didn’t actually score, so that’s no points, again.

Thought Wilson was very good today, and Dykes put in a great shift. 

As ever in this bonkers league, we don’t know whether to look up or down. .....

25 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Still no mention of a surname. Must be inconsequential. 

Like Neymar?

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Stephen Dobbie. He's the guy some nutcase Dundee Utd fan said was going to Motherwell.

You’ll need to narrow that down a bit pal.  We are all pretty daft.

4 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Pawlett had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside around the 60th minute which would’ve made it more comfortable but 3 points is 3 points. 

Heard the Arabzone guys talking about that in commentary; hopefully the cameras will be positioned well for a proper judgement.

On that note in the last few games I’ve seen worse officiating from the linesmen than from the refereees.

4 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

Pawlett had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside around the 60th minute which would’ve made it more comfortable but 3 points is 3 points. 

Flag was up early, but I did think it looked like it must have been close.

Shame the young guys at the back got into a complete fankle and caused the penalty. Macguire giving the pen away when Martin was still to be beaten was bad enough but making no attempt to play the ball and getting himself sent off cost us a point. United again looked good from middle to front in the first half and for small spells in the second but I thought we were excellent in the second. Liked the look of Wilson, reminded me of Kevin Holt. Pen apart Wilson’s desire to play the ball forward was very good. Before people dive in to criticise Martin, his save of an effort going into to the top right corner was class. When we had 11 on the park with 2 sitting midfielders, we struggled to get decent service to the front. Second half we did much better with 10. McGrath was useful too when he got on.

I felt for Maguire today. He's done really well since joining and is usually really composed on the ball. His desire to retain possession rather than just hoof it away is usually a good thing, but today we've done Motherwell a favour as he learned a harsh lesson at Palmerston rather than Fir Park.

I think United deserved to be up at half time, just a shame the way it happened. I feared a bit of a mauling in the 2nd half but credit to Naysmith for the formation change. Getting Mercer and Marshall further forward and keeping Dykes central made a big difference.

Surprised no-one has mentioned the wind so far. I thought it played a huge part in proceedings today. It’s no coincidence that the team playing into it struggled to get out of their half. Us in the first half, and United in the second.

Neither team produced very many clearcut chances and a draw would probably have been a fair result. As it is we had a brainfart at the back (despite being the 3rd best at defending) and that ultimately settled things.

Despite being a man down our shape looked really good second half. I wonder if a back 3 is the way to go? Wilson looked a class act and I think that was probably the best performance I have seen from Scott Mercer. He looked confident and fired up, a fire cry from the usual nervous wreck. More of this please!

All in all far more positives than negatives to take from today. But no points sadly.

From a United perspective you have to feel that was the sort of ground out result that a team with promotion ambitions needs to get so fair play to them.

I try not to comment on referees because it is generally pretty tedious. It’s hard not to pass comment on the inept showing of the officials today though. Dallas is clearly inept and officiating at a far higher level than he deserves. No game changing decisions granted, but it was a woefully inept showing with numerous poor decisions for both sides.

Archived