Queens v Dundee Utd

No thanks I’ll stick to above ground where we accept that our defence can be good on their day, but also have glaring weaknesses that have been exploited on numerous occasions.

That’s why these players are playing at this level. If Marshall, Mercer and probably Fordyce should any consistency and had not too many weaknesses they would be playing at a higher level! But they are here because they aren’t consistent and are a cheap option for the club

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That’s why these players are playing at this level. If Marshall, Mercer and probably Fordyce should any consistency and had not too many weaknesses they would be playing at a higher level! But they are here because they aren’t consistent and are a cheap option for the club

That’s fine, I fully appreciate, accept and agree with that.

My original response was to SueSue though who I don’t think agrees. They seem to think being third best out of ten counts for something and that our defence aren’t a concern.

53 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Is it maybe because the better teams will try and play through us which we generally cope well with. Whilst the poorer teams will go more direct and get it in the box early, which we can’t cope with at all. Just a theory.

It took Aberdeen 45 minutes to figure out how to approach us. Hopefully Robbie Neilson had other plans last Sunday and missed the game. I would be pretty confident in our defence up against Nicky Clark, but Osman Sow will have a field day if he plays.

It’s a theory but I think you have got it spot on.

23 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

That’s fine, I fully appreciate, accept and agree with that.

My original response was to SueSue though who I don’t think agrees. They seem to think being third best out of ten counts for something and that our defence aren’t a concern.

Everyone’s defence is a concern as is if we didn’t have Dobbie scoring for fun.

My point is there is is a constant niggle that our defence is far worse than it is.

my fact pointing out our defence is the third best in the league seems to be ignored.

Its just my opinion mind. 

DziC3kgX4AEdxt4.png.c0bda479eea0889456ba68878a893908.png

No Reynolds as expected but no Connolly either. McMullan back in with Smith dropping out. Hope the returning faces to the line up are inspired to perform now that there's strong competition for a place in the team.

Edit: Just beaten to it.

Reynolds, Connolly and Fyvie not risked today then. 
IMG_20190216_140800.thumb.jpg.277c7d60a1a6f9a10cb610a144ed3046.jpg

Very worrying stuff with that defence. obviously trying to add width with McMullan playing as an out and out winger, which seems to be in line with what queens fans have said on here about where their defence is weakest.at least Pav and Clark up top but
could be a long afternoon I fear.

McGinn`s goal came about because Maguire slipped and when Jacobs made a fantastic tackle the ball fell to McGinn.  It`s very harsh to criticise that.

I never criticised it, I said it was avoidable. It wasn’t Maguire’s fault for slipping, these things happen and they are just put down to bad luck. We could have avoided the goal had he not slipped.

McGinn`s goal came about because Maguire slipped and when Jacobs made a fantastic tackle the ball fell to McGinn.  It`s very harsh to criticise that.

I never criticised it, I said it was avoidable. It wasn’t Maguire’s fault for slipping, these things happen and they are just put down to bad luck. We could have avoided the goal had he not slipped.

Wilson starts in place of Fordyce. When we signed him on loan GN noted that he could play central defence so expect he`ll be there.  Doyle could play centre half but i reckon he`ll be wide right again. Fordyce has clearly being playing recently despite being not fully fit. 

Only 5 subs two of whom are central defenders who most likely aren`t fully fit. 

51 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Reynolds, Connolly and Fyvie not risked today then. 

IMG_20190216_140800.jpg

I’m delighted Fyvie isn’t in but disappointed Connolly is out as well as Reynolds.  Thought Cammy Smith would have started ahead of McMullan.  Good to see Booth on the bench.

Archived