Queens v Dundee Utd

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Well we play in blue and we're at home I wonder if Dallas will give us any penalties? :P

No chance, disguise Palmerston to look like Ibrox and change your badge to look suspiciously like a Rangers badge and then home penalties are guaranteed :).

As is a lawsuit from Rangers for illegally copying there badge, for copyright breach  and all that nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

Well we play in blue and we're at home I wonder if Dallas will give us any penalties? :P

Just to be sure, get a large number of your support to sing some songs expressing contempt for the head of the Catholic church and have your players fall over a 5-6 yards outside our box. Then you'll have as many penalties as Dallas can give you.

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

Time for my prediction for this game tomorrow, as I am now far more confident than previously I will go for 3-0 United.

Andrew Dallas to have a weird and bizarre reffing performance that confuses and angers both sides in equal amounts.

The first paragraph is a bold prediction.

The second paragraph is a stick on certainty.

Always enjoy a trip to Dumfries, and it looks like a decent day tomorrow.  The sun on the Nith, history flowing out the brickwork of the buildings, fine old fashioned stadium.

But by 'Rangers' standards, shouldn't we be threatening boycotts?

To the match: it'll be interesting to see, from a United position, who replaces the suspended Butcher, and whether Mark Reynolds is risked. If he is, and gets an injury, he can say goodbye to any chance of a new contract at Pittodrie.  

What I'm not looking forward to is Andrew Dallas trying to understand and apply the rules.

3 hours ago, SueSue said:

Seriously just don’t get the thought that the queens defence is poor.

Goals conceded, number of clean sheets all equate to a decent back line.

DUFC have 5 clean sheets in the league. Not much to shout about there !!!

It's the shipping of 3 to Crusaders, 3 to Partick, 3 to Alloa, 3 to Inverness, 3 to Falkirk and 4 to Aberdeen that is the worry.   That and we are currently 4-1 down on aggregate to Dundee United this season.

Carry on burying your head in the sand if you wish though.

1 minute ago, palmy_cammy said:

It's the shipping of 3 to Crusaders, 3 to Partick, 3 to Alloa, 3 to Inverness, 3 to Falkirk and 4 to Aberdeen that is the worry.   That and we are currently 4-1 down on aggregate to Dundee United this season.

Carry on burying your head in the sand if you wish though.

Yes I guess conceding  1 in three games to Ross County, 1 in three games to Ayr, 1 in two games to Dundee is the worry.

third best goals against in the league !!!

come and join me with your head in the sand pal.

Yes I guess conceding  1 in three games to Ross County, 1 in three games to Ayr, 1 in two games to Dundee is the worry.
third best goals against in the league !!!

come and join me with your head in the sand pal.

No thanks I’ll stick to above ground where we accept that our defence can be good on their day, but also have glaring weaknesses that have been exploited on numerous occasions.

Just now, palmy_cammy said:

No thanks I’ll stick to above ground where we accept that our defence can be good on their day, but also have glaring weaknesses that have been exploited on numerous occasions.

So not quite as bad as you make out then and maybe not as good as I make out.

Third best defence in the Championship though. 

So not quite as bad as you make out then and maybe not as good as I make out.
Third best defence in the Championship though. 

The defence is inconsistent. They’ll have some brilliant games (see County 4-0, Dundee 1-1, Dundee 3-0) while we shipped 5 goals to teams who, at the time of the games, were bottom of the league. Cosgrove’s first, and McGinn’s were largely avoidable as well.

The problem is when we don’t keep clean sheets, we often concede 3. We’ve conceded 3 (or more) vs Alloa, ICT, Aberdeen, Crusaders, Partick and St. Johnstone (albeit AET). We’ve conceded once vs County, ICT, Ayr (twice). It’s hard to be account for why we’ve defended well against the better teams. Probably could be put down to mentality, as there’s literally nothing else I can think of as a reason to why.

We’ve shipped 12 goals in 8 vs the bottom 3, and only 7 in 8 games vs the top 3 (4 of which vs United).

It’s a really f*****g confusing and frustrating league, but I love it.

10 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

The defence is inconsistent. They’ll have some brilliant games (see County 4-0, Dundee 1-1, Dundee 3-0) while we shipped 5 goals to teams who, at the time of the games, were bottom of the league. Cosgrove’s first, and McGinn’s were largely avoidable as well.

McGinn`s goal came about because Maguire slipped and when Jacobs made a fantastic tackle the ball fell to McGinn.  It`s very harsh to criticise that.

The problem is when we don’t keep clean sheets, we often concede 3. We’ve conceded 3 (or more) vs Alloa, ICT, Aberdeen, Crusaders, Partick and St. Johnstone (albeit AET). We’ve conceded once vs County, ICT, Ayr (twice). It’s hard to be account for why we’ve defended well against the better teams. Probably could be put down to mentality, as there’s literally nothing else I can think of as a reason to why.

We’ve shipped 12 goals in 8 vs the bottom 3, and only 7 in 8 games vs the top 3 (4 of which vs United).

It’s a really f*****g confusing and frustrating league, but I love it.

Is it maybe because the better teams will try and play through us which we generally cope well with. Whilst the poorer teams will go more direct and get it in the box early, which we can’t cope with at all. Just a theory.

It took Aberdeen 45 minutes to figure out how to approach us. Hopefully Robbie Neilson had other plans last Sunday and missed the game. I would be pretty confident in our defence up against Nicky Clark, but Osman Sow will have a field day if he plays.

Archived