Royal Albert

Wee Albert

Albert Manager Jamie Nesbitt and Assistant Chris Dolan will be leaving the club at the end of the season.

Obviously all at the club are disappointed but understand their reasons for leaving

I know this decision was not easy for Jamie because of his length of time at the club and his love for the club but we understand and support his look for a new challenge.

What he and Dolsey and the players have done over the last two seasons is amazing thanks to them we have came from a lowly second division team to a decent First Division team.

Made even more remarkable by the lack of finances available to them. 

I’m sure they won’t need to wait long for another opportunity to come a long

But they know the still have a job to do here at the Albert to keep us in this league which I’m sure they and the players will.

Jamie and (Danielle)  Dolsey have become friends as well and I wish them all best for what they do next.

It's been a fantastic effort from the Albert and a story that's been largely overlooked. I can't remember a time in my life when were anything other than a bottom team and to have taken them up and consolidated in a decent mid table position without any money and a handful of paying supporters is almost miraculous.

Looking forward to the games next season but we may well go in as underdogs for the first time since the players were wearing flat caps.

Archived