Quarter Final Draw

Alert Mongoose

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Elixir said:

Was that not a semi-final? So a much higher probability.

We drew them about half a dozen times in the space of a few years not long ago - all while Hibs got walkover after walkover.

Feels nice to have that flipped on its head. 4U0m6pP.png

Thistle win incoming.

Saturday 2 March (17.15 GMT); Hibernian v Celtic (Premier)

Sunday 3 March (13.30); Aberdeen v Kilmarnock or Rangers (Premier)

Sunday 3 March (15.30); Dundee United v Ross County or Inverness Caledonian Thistle (BBC One Scotland)

Monday 4 March (19.05); Partick Thistle v Heart of Midlothian (BBC Scotland)

I don't get the logic that leaves the Saturday lunchtime slot free while filling the Monday night one unless it's purely the BBC trying to hawk this new channel or police saying they don't want particular sets of fans travelling on the same day.

I'll struggle to get there for kickoff and I work in Glasgow city centre FFS, never mind folk coming from outside Glasgow.

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I don't get the logic that leaves the Saturday lunchtime slot free while filling the Monday night one unless it's purely the BBC trying to hawk this new channel or police saying they don't want particular sets of fans travelling on the same day.

I'll struggle to get there for kickoff and I work in Glasgow city centre FFS, never mind folk coming from outside Glasgow.

Maybe they didn't want to go up against Spurs v Arsenal on the Saturday lunchtime?

Firhill's not hard to get to, but a 7.05 kick off is a bit annoying. 

7.05 ko? So they have ensured that the Hearts support will need travel along the Edinburgh- Glasgow corridor right slap bang in the middle of the Monday night rush hour. Anyone who’s had to do this on a normal Monday knows the torture in store. Good luck to any Jambos actually getting on a train, or driving past the usual gridlock at Saughton. 

Any appetite for protests at the games?

There's a thread on JKB regarding the Thistle game - talk of tennis balls on the pitch etc.  Could this happen at other games too - I'd imagine Rangers/Killie fans aren't massively impressed at having to shlep up to Aberdeen for a Sunday lunchtime.

Any appetite for protests at the games?
There's a thread on JKB regarding the Thistle game - talk of tennis balls on the pitch etc.  Could this happen at other games too - I'd imagine Rangers/Killie fans aren't massively impressed at having to shlep up to Aberdeen for a Sunday lunchtime.

Killie fans yes, Rangers can attract a “local” type of fan.

Archived