Quarter Final Draw

Alert Mongoose

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thistle will be the weakest side left in the draw and everyone should really want us.

Our best chance is either United or the winner of the Highland derby at home (assuming Queens and Auchinleck exit today), but I don’t really have faith in us to beat anybody.

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Who is everyone looking for in the latest draw?

Dons at Tannadice for me as long as they have to play Langfield in goals and the fans have to bring those flowery silver flags. 

Reynolds couldn’t play.

I will take a home tie against anyone; the percentage of away ties for us in this competition is ridiculously high.

Normally I'd be keen to avoid Dundee United as our record vs them in the cups is beyond abysmal but it's probably one of the better ones left. As said, everyone else will want to play us. Really don't want to play another Glasgow based club. Day out in Edinburgh would be OK if we're accepting a pumping.

Actually, I just hope it's a Saturday game, assume that's a 50-50 chance at best the way the TV fixtures have gone in this round.

46 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

If it is Celtic v rangers if they get through do premier sports have first choice

First and second. 

Which, we assume, will always mean Celtic and Sevco for as long as they’re in the competition. But they might be tempted by an Edinburgh derby should one come out.

6 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Who is everyone looking for in the latest draw?

Dons at Tannadice for me as long as they have to play Langfield in goals and the fans have to bring those flowery silver flags. 

Would take that. 

Even with Clangers.

Archived