Universal moral rules

ICTChris

Great news! Oxford researchers have identified seven universal moral rules that govern successful societies.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2019/02/08/everyone-everywhere-shares-common-moral-code-oxford-university/

It’s paywalled but here are the rules

IMG_0697.jpg

How many P&Bers adhere to all these moral rules?

Will P&B mods now start banning transgressors?

Regarding number 5 - by what measure do I determine who my "superiors" might be? I would hate to be deferential, respectful, loyal or obedient to someone simply because for example; they had more money than me. Even though I've encountered people in my life who think that's a valid reason why I should be.

2 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Regarding number 5 - by what measure do I determine who my "superiors" might be? 

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Everybody.

Sweet. Concise and easy to remember. I like it!

9 hours ago, Shotgun said:

Regarding number 5 - by what measure do I determine who my "superiors" might be? I would hate to be deferential, respectful, loyal or obedient to someone simply because for example; they had more money than me. Even though I've encountered people in my life who think that's a valid reason why I should be.

In the case of this study it's based on tribal societies where your superiors are generally tribal elders, usually old men related to you or perhaps medicine men/shamans/healers.

In our society it's supposedly anyone who has accumulated enough capital to be able to influence your life or been given a position of authority by the state over you.

Archived