Bob Mortimer

MSU

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

His Train Guy piece on Gone Fishing was brilliant. Well worth watching the Christmas special if you haven't already. 

That’s where I got it from. Would genuinely like to see a series made out of it. I’m sure vic would get involved.

:lol:

Yup yup yup no yup 

Just watched the Gone Christmas Fishing episode, truly sublime tv. 

Had a couple of things happen lately that have been fairly stressful , and it was a superb hour of escapism. 

A perfect mix of memories and melancholy, laughs and friendship that honestly warms the heart. Train Guy's wee cameo a highlight too. 

Brilliant, simple , fun viewing. 

On 16/12/2020 at 19:24, D.A.F.C said:

This is genius

Have a campachoochoo on me
emoji38.png

Whats scary is that there's people on trains as bad as this.

These are just phenomenal.

The people are always incredibly dull individuals with incredibly boring jobs like pen sales, or coffee sales (always fucking sales of some mundane item).

I hope he doesn't. Bob has upped his game without Reeves involvement.

Have thought this for a long time; that Bob’s humour just comes across as being very natural to Vic’s deliberate madcap stuff, if that makes sense? Suppose it worked quite well on ‘Shooting Stars’ for example but it is 25 years old now.

Fell away from Athletico Mince recently but still subscribed to their Patreon, will fire through the recent episodes soon. 

Had a few long drives last year and that was all I listened to. The crime files where Steve McLarens pet snake knocks over one of Neil Hunts pieces of nonsense pottery still has me laughing out loud to this day, literally will be walking around the house and it will pop into my head and I start laughing. That full sketch is hilarious, as is everything involving Neil Hunt tbf  

’Why me? Why is it always little old fucking me? I’ve just ran a 5k for women’s health and I hand a box of cream buns into the abused adults group every Tuesday, I’m Neil fucking Hunt. Just who do you think you are? Tell me, you complete and utter man of Tod. I hope you are aware that my brother in law is in negotiations to buy a knife factory, and my nephew has completed an actual karate class’

Edited by IrishBhoy

Been listening to the newer episodes over the last couple of days, and happy to report that they are still absolutely top notch. Well Bob is, Andy could be replaced with a piece of Neil Hunts Nonsense Pottery and the podcast would still hold up. 

Bob is just genius, his comedy brain is on another level. Some of the stuff he comes out with isn’t actually that funny in itself, but I find myself laughing at the thought that this is the sort of stuff that goes through his head. Even from just these past few episodes, there was so many bits I was laughing out loud so hard at. When Bob says he’s been sent the deleted scenes from the Tottenham documentary on Amazon Prime and starts doing Harry Kane, Eric Dier etc. :lol: literally laughing out loud just thinking about it. 

As much as the skits are top quality, it’s the wee throwaway lines from Bob that make it as well. One of the episodes they are talking about having a bottle of Baileys left over from Christmas and Bob says ‘and do you think Baileys is the thickest of all the alcohols’. Not even particularly funny, but coming from Bob it has me laughing very much so.