Bob Mortimer

MSU

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I'm with you here. I've loved Vic and Bob since "Big Night Out" but the football podcasts just don't grab me. I'll give them another try at some point, just in case I was being crabbit. 

Bob is really good to listen to on stuff like this too:

http://adam-buxton.co.uk/podcasts/ep74-bob-mortimer 

I think the Athletico Mince podcasts require a few episodes once to get into them. Most of the sketches taken on their own can seem a bit mad, but once you listen for a few weeks, they make a bit more sense.

Not overly keen on Andy, but Bob's bits are superb. Gangs of the EPL, and Beardsley are top drawer.  

1 minute ago, jamieson87 said:

I think the Athletico Mince podcasts require a few episodes once to get into them. Most of the sketches taken on their own can seem a bit mad, but once you listen for a few weeks, they make a bit more sense.

Not overly keen on Andy, but Bob's bits are superb. Gangs of the EPL, and Beardsley are top drawer.  

Aye, I've only got into it recently, so I'm listening to the new ones whilst trying to listen to the old ones as well.  It's totally different now to what it started out as.  The first few they actually talk about football. :lol:

28 minutes ago, jamieson87 said:

I’ve not listened to any podcasts, just the couple of videos posted here. A cartoon of Steve McLaren singing to Tony Fernandes was bizarre, and unfortunately not very funny. Maybe the actual podcasts are different.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve not listened to any podcasts, just the couple of videos posted here. A cartoon of Steve McLaren singing to Tony Fernandes was bizarre, and unfortunately not very funny. Maybe the actual podcasts are different.

He's got a hair island! A HAIR ISLAND!!

On 14/03/2019 at 19:53, J_Stewart said:

I cannot stress this enough, if you don’t like Bob Mortimer, it can only be because you’re an utter fucking knob.

Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing is a delight.

Thanks for this recommendation - it's exactly the sort of thing I like to watch, and it should be noted that I don't like TV very much. I used to watch Shooting Starts as a younger Malcolm

Have you seen the one where he talks about scaring the locals of Castle Douglas when him and his friends went to see the effects of the Gulf Stream? That's my favourite.

Superb! Gets Dundee mixed up with Dumfries though but isn’t picked up on it. ‘The Owl sanctuary’ and the ‘Hair Cut for an Egg sandwich’ at the 82 World Cup are equally funny as f*ck on WILTY.

20 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Thanks for this recommendation - it's exactly the sort of thing I like to watch, and it should be noted that I don't like TV very much. I used to watch Shooting Starts as a younger Malcolm

Very much this -I don't have a TV, and have never fished, but have watched three episodes of Bob and Paul's fishing show, and have recommended it to two of my mates who run a fishing club - wonderful stuff - Bob's a fucking legend. 

On 16/03/2019 at 21:44, paranoid android said:

Very much this -I don't have a TV, and have never fished, but have watched three episodes of Bob and Paul's fishing show, and have recommended it to two of my mates who run a fishing club - wonderful stuff - Bob's a fucking legend. 

Series 2 is back soon as well.

He's good on Nick Helm's food programme during which Paul Whitehouse stumbles upon them.

EDIT: Found a wee trailer clip thing...

Edited by ShaggysBeard

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bernardblack

The first time I heard his Jonjo Shelvey/vampire story on Athletico Mince I was on a train and couldn’t stop laughing

On 4/5/2019 at 15:36, welshbairn said:

Bob's on Would I Lie To You tonight, 9.30, BBC1.

Shite, it's a repeat.

^^ Easiest post ever to guess which bit was the edit.